Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your favorite class this semester?

Peachy Pie

So I would assume most of us have been in school for at least a month now, long enough to determine what classes you like and don't like.

So, tell us! Which one of your classes do you have the most fun in? Why?

Mine's a tie between Drawing I and Writing for the Arts.

I have an awesome teacher for Drawing and the assignments are actually pretty great. I had kind of given up drawing for painting a year or so ago, but this class made me love it again. Easy as pie.

Writing is the only conventional class I really have, so it's nice to just sit down and actually feel like I'm in University. It's pretty late at night, which I'm not find of, but my prof makes up for it. She's a published novelist so she genuinely knows what she's talking about and gives really good, short assignments. What else could I ask for?

Edited by Peachy Pie

I'm taking most of my basic classes this semester, so I don't really have an awesome class from my major. But if I had to pick one, it would have to be my late American History class. I never had a good history throughout highschool, so I'm learning so much about American History and it's really interesting.

I'm only in band right now... Which is kind of a long story. So, yeah, it's my favorite class. It'd most likely be my favorite class even if I were taking others.

Biology of Marine Mammals is not only my favorite class this semester, but it's the only one that doesn't cause me excrutiating pain and/or boredom.

But yeah. Marine Mammals is an awesome class. The professor's really good at teaching the subject matter, the lab TA is really sweet (and works at the same dolphin hospital I do, fancy that), and I'm really interested in the stuff they're teaching. Which is weird, cuz the last time I've been obsessed with dolphins was when I was seven. O_o

I love my philosophy class. It's the only class I know of where you can disagree with the teacher on everything he says and you can still pass. you're never wrong in that class.

I graduate from college this past April but my favorite classes were:

Sport and the Consumer - Learned about consumer marketing and research. Customer psychology too. Had an end of semester project where we were given a sport to devise a promotion for and representatives from the athletic department sat in and listened on presentation day.

Sponsorship - Learned about why companies would sponsor sports and the benefits they receive from being a sponsor. Different types and forms of sponsorships.

Edited by XFizzle
  • Brohoof 1

I'm in high school, so my options were pretty limited. But, if I were to choose one, it would probably be either AP World History or Guitar.

My History teacher is a really nice guy, and he constantly makes jokes throughout class. Plus, as per usual for Social Studies teachers at my school, it's really easy to get him talking about something what's way off-topic.

Guitar, on the other hand, is great because I'm way better at it than 90% of my classmates, so I'm never behind.

Edited by Pony Joe

I'm in high school, so my options were pretty limited. But, if I were to choose one, it would probably be either AP World History or Guitar.

My History teacher is a really nice guy, and he constantly makes jokes throughout class. Plus, as per usual for Social Studies teachers at my school, it's really easy to get him talking about something what's way off-topic.

Guitar, on the other hand, is great because I'm way better at it than 90% of my classmates, so I'm never behind.

Hah, my AP US History teacher was the same way. He was an older guy who constantly made jokes (mostly sexist jokes because we were an all-boys HS) and had this abrasive, gruff personality that we thought was so cool and fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not really enjoying anything except Yearbook this year, I expected my senior classes to be fun, but no. Everything besides Yearbook is either way too hard or way too easy.

My favourite this semester has to be programming. :3

We're learning (Flash) AS2 (again... :( ). There are only 2 people in the entire class so we were merged with another, lol! Me and my friend (who, for some reason, won't sign up here) are the only two attending the class, so we're mixed with a bunch of Gr. 11s (We're Gr. 12 programming). Anyway, our first assignment was to create an animation with flash that must consist of motion tweens. I'm a bit afraid of doing anything pony related 'cause of everyone else that's around so I did a Mario vs Luigi flash. :x

The story is: Luigi brings out some pasta and Mario wants some, Mario fights Luigi to try and get some but in the end Yoshi ends up eating it. :P

At the end of it I'm going to put: "Moral of the story: You've gotta care, you've gotta share."

It's not finished yet, and there's some parts I need to fix. There's also no sound effects or music, yet.

http://clericx.net/k...uigi_pasta.html :wub:

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

mine would half to be ether animation class or digital dizine which are pritty fun cuz i get to learn about photo shop and flash animation

but there was this one class i also liked from freshman year which was learning how to make websites with dreamweaver

plus i purchased these programs for home use as well so the fun can continue

Probably my Intro to Comp Sci II class. We're covering Java like last semester, but the programs we're developing now are more advanced and interactive- I could actually create pop up windows with buttons that *do* things.

Like that calculator program that comes standard under "Accessories" with all Windows platforms? I could basically make that in Java.