Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Dark Bun

A hotdog is a food item that has one piece of meat between two pieces of bread. If we can agree that a hotdog is a sandwich, the implications would be massive. What would that make tacos? Burritos? I've seen some people explain how a pop-tart is a sandwich.

This is the question of our times and what future generations will remember us for.

6 minutes ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

If you stick it between two sandwich buns then...yes, a hotdog is indeed a sandwich. There are many ways you can make a hotdog sandwich. 

But by itself is it a sandwich? Just the frank inside the bun.

(edited)

If you put two pieces of bread on exact opposite sides of the Earth - the Earth is a sandwich. But I would say a hotdog is a sandwich.

Edited by -Solstice-

7 hours ago, -Solstice- said:

If you put two pieces of bread on exact opposite sides of the Earth - the Earth is a sandwich. But I would say a hotdog is a sandwich.

A world sandwich.... Good one. I'm impressed with that joke! 

• Brohoof 1

@Dark Bun

I've moved this topic out of DP and into the Forum Lounge. While I appreciate the lightheartedness, I must ask that we please keep the Debate section reserved for more weighty subjects. :P

Thanks!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I absolutely refuse to call a hot dog and sandwich. I'd call it at a taco before I call it a sandwich. :proud:

• The title was changed to Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Hot dogs are closer to subs/hoagies for me, which those are considered sandwiches. Difference is mostly in the cold cuts vs. one cooked wiener inside the bun. Otherwise it's still valid to top them up with mostly the same condiments and toppings.

i dont consider it a taco because the main difference is the bread is thick compared to the tortilla of a taco which is much thinner.

And, spring rolls are closer to burritos so I'm surprised there's little talk about that. :coolandhip:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2023-07-23 at 2:39 AM, Samurai Equine said:

To me, Food Theory pretty much answered that question.

Here's a more important question:

If you replace the bun with a Twinkie that you've carved open, is it still a hotdog?

That would be a Twinkie Weiner Sandwich. But you need some spray cheese on top too.

Page 4 of comments at Lorde ain't got shit on this

On 2023-07-24 at 9:45 AM, Fluttershutter said:

That would be a Twinkie Weiner Sandwich. But you need some spray cheese on top too.

Page 4 of comments at Lorde ain't got shit on this

Yay! You caught the reference! :yay: Just make sure you use a regular flavored Twinkie. I accidentally bought a Banana flavored Twinkie, and it was way too strong. :blush:

• 5 weeks later...

Technically I think they are. But when you think of a sandwich your mind isn't going to think of a hotdog. Same with if you're wanting to eat a sandwich. You go to a restaurant and ask for a samwich and they hand you a hotdog you're going to be confused and disappointed :(