Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Crystal Pony in Canterlot (1x1 with Illiad Easle)

Sphinx-Ara

@Illiad Easle The OOC link HERE

It was pretty early in the morning in Canterlot, which found a lone crystal mare in the Canterlot convention center, setting up her stall. The mare happened to go by the name of Winter Mint, and her stall would consist mostly of mint flavored or themed candy, her best seller from home, would of course be her mint flavored crystal rocks and candy canes.

It took her about a good two hours to fully set up her stall and have her samples on display, and by that time, a majority of the other vendors at the convention and attendees were starting to be let in and roam the halls.

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Adjacent to her a somewhat lithe stallion with a caramel colored coat and butterscotch colored mane/tail is setting up their own stall. They don't have quite the variety of treats that Winter does, and seeing as the signs the stallion is setting out appear hoof-written, they seem to be just getting started as a confectioner. Their stall contains almost exclusively caramels, some of which appear to have colored sugar crystals embedded within, the different flavors named things like Dulce de Laughter and Cozy Caramel.

Given the relative simplicity, her neighbor was done setting up their stall much quicker than Winter, and had taken the extra time to see the other stalls before the attendees would arrive, finally getting back to Winter's just as the doors were opened. They looked a bit nervous as they glanced at their own unimpressive stall, before turning their attention to Winter, "That's a fancy setup you've got there, you've been doing this a while I'll bet." They chuckled halfheartedly, then shook their head, "Sorry, manners, I'm Cinder, what's your name?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Winter had noticed that the stall opposite hers was a lot more simpler than most, and had figured that they were just starting out, and at a quick glance saw it was caramels that they were selling. She'd lick her muzzle, as she quite enjoyed caramels and went over some of the names of the candies, nodding to herself, "Well they've got creativity for naming, that's a good start" she'd think to herself, until she would hear the stall owner's voice and would smile, looking at his direction.

She would hesitate a moment before speaking, sure the stallion wasn't anything like she was used to back home in the Crystal Empire, but that just added to his appeal, as she did find him kindof cute. "Hi Cinder, I'm Winter Mint, and well yeah, you could say that I've been doing this a while, back home at least, this is my first time selling at the convention" she'd smile to him, "would you like a sample?"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder's eyes widened when he was offered a sample, "Would I!" He turned his attention to Winter's wares, "It's my first time at a convention too, I could never afford to make the trip before, and even this time it was real tight, which is why my stand is... far less impressive than yours." He sighed, "Hopefully my candy will speak for itself." Ultimately he didn't choose anything, "I couldn't hope to choose between so many, maybe you could recommend one? What's your favorite of all of these?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Winter would smile as she listened to him "I hear you, it took me quite some time to save up enough to afford a vendor spot here, and I was lucky enough a friend of mine is an artist, she made my display for me" she'd say to him and would nod, looking at her display, thinking on what he might like "let's see, ooh I know, my signature crystal mint pop rocks, but which flavor? hmm,, spearmint or peppermint?" she'd ponder out loud then smile ""Spearmint, i think" she would say, getting a small bag of the pop rocks and giving them to him

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder looked surprised at the suggestion, "Mint pop rocks? Now that I've never seen before, thank you." He took the packet in his hoof and tried a small amount, "Oh, wow! That goes surprisingly well together, no wonder it's your signature item." He nodded as he stowed the rest away for later. "I noticed the quality of your display, your friend really is a good artist." He looked back at his own stall, frowning slightly as he looked it over, then shook his head, his expression brightening as he turned back towards Winter, "I should give you a sample too, to be fair, do you see something you like? Or do you want me to pick something for you?"

@Illiad Easle

She would smile at his compliment about her pop rock candies "Thank you, they're my best seller back home int the Crystal Empire" she'd say as she took out a marker and would go to his display and shake her head "I'm not as artistic as my friend, but I can help you have your display pop out more, if you'd like" she would suggest to him, turning back to face him before looking at what candies he had on display "Hmm, how bout you surprise me?"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder chuckled at that, "So many surprises today, you are a very kind mare." He motioned to his stall, "Go ahead and do as you like, I trust you not to sabotage me."

As she worked he went through the samples he had prepared before pulling out one of the caramels with green crystals inside, "Here, I call it Sweet and Satisfaction." If Winter tried the caramel she'd find that the crystals inside weren't so much sweet as provided a sort of nutty flavor akin to a cashew or a macadamia nut. In all it was oddly satisfying, true to it's name. "How do you like it?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Winter smiled and hummed as she worked away on the display, adding more detail to the signs, cleaning them up and even adding a few designs, using her colored markers to color them in. She'd then rearrange the sweets display to make it look more organized and pop out more. Standing back, she'd smile "Thank you and what do you think of my work?" she would say, taking the caramel, putting it in her mouth and smiling "Mm nougat?" she'd ask him "I like it, a lot"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder smiled at her question, "No, not quite, though I do have some nougat around here as well. I'm glad you like it." He walked back to the front of the stand to admire her work, "Wow! That's much better than I could have done. Thank you." He looked a little concerned, "I don't know how I can repay you for this, but I'm sure I'll think of something."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

She would smile to him, going behind her own stall "There's really no need, us small time vendors have got to stick together.." she snickers a little "No pun intended, but we gotta stick together to compete against the big corporation vendors.." she smiles once more, "How-ever, if you insist, I won't complain"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder smiled, "That... would be nice. Our specialties don't seem to be in competition anyway, so working together could only benefit us."

That said, he too would go behind his stall in anticipation of the coming attendees, hopefully they would be as kind and appreciative as Winter had been.

@Illiad Easle

The day went pretty well, with Mint directing customers to Cinder's stall if they wanted delicious home-made caramel treats, and soon it came to lunch time. She'd smile and go over to Cinder's stall, "hey Cinder, I'm starved, so I'm going to the cafe to grab some, could you look after my stall while I'm gone..oh and want me to pick you up anything while I'm there?"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder had also sent his fair share of ponies Winter's way, the two of them respectively maximizing the other's attendance.

When Winter asked him to watch her stall he looked a little nervous, "I was about to ask you the same thing, but I guess I can wait until you get back. Don't take too long though. You don't have to get me anything, I packed some food with me, but if you insist I wouldn't mind a drink, some mineral water if you can find it would be nice, thank you."

@Illiad Easle

She'd smile to him "One mineral water, got it" she'd say as she would go to the cafe, soon returning with a mineral water for Cinder and a hayburger, fries and soda for herself. "Here you go Cinder" she'd say, giving him the water "Thanks for looking after my stall, hope I wasn't gone for too long"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder looked a little agitated when Winter returned, but calmed considerably once he saw she had the water he had asked for, "Oh it was nothing, now if you could return the favor that'd be great." He trotted off, water in hoof and a bag across his bag, "I'll be back soon, don't worry!" then his trot turned to a full gallop.

About half an hour later he'd be back, missing the water bottle and his bag seemingly more full than when he had left. "Sorry about that, did I miss anything?" He set it down behind his stall as he pulled out his own lunch, which seemed to be a decent amount of some amber substance, maybe honey? maybe marmelade? that he spread on a roll and ate quietly.

@Illiad Easle

She smiles and shakes his head "Nope not really, seems most ponies had the same idea about lunch" she would tell him, having finished her own lunch and was setting up the rest of her display for the day, waiting for the convention to pick up again "So, where are you staying?" she'd ask him "I'm staying on the third floor above the centre" she smiles to him "Perhaps we could share dinner tonight?"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder was once again surprised by Winter, "I, I think I would like that, thank you. I'm staying in a motel by the train station. It's... all I could afford."

He sighed, continuing with his simple meal, "I'm sure it will be worth it though, I had a few ponies place orders, one of them even gave me a down payment, hopefully the second half will be just as good? If I can get orders for thirty pounds out of this it'll have been worth it."

He looked over, "How about you? Any good results so far?"

@Illiad Easle

She would smile and nod "ah yes, that motel, I was looking into it, but i decided to spend a little more and get a room upstairs" she'd say to him "having down payments is always good, because you know they will be more likely to fulfill the rest of the payment" she says, "and I got a few orders myself, even two or three large ones, I think for a party or something" she'd say "But I got a fair few smaller orders, and everyone seemed to like my pop rocks a lot"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder smiled at that, "I'm glad to hear that, I hope some of the ones I sent your way are part of those that ordered. They did seem excited when I mentioned your pop rocks."

He had finished his humble meal by that point and started restocking his displays in preparation for the next round of attendees.

@Illiad Easle

She would smile "Oh yes, about half the orders were actually from those that you sent my way, so thank you for that" she'd say "Would you like some help with setting up again?" she'd ask him, after helping a customer who bought an assortment of treats.

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder shook his head, "No no, it's quite alright, but thank you! You've already helped me plenty. I just need to refill the displays, that won't take long at all."

True enough it only took a few minutes for his stand to be ready to greet potential customers again.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

She would smile and nod "Alright then" she'd say to him, before helping out a few more customers, giving out samples and writing down orders. By the end of the day, she was ready to close up with the rest of the vendors.

She would then look at her order list "twenty orders and just on the first day" she'd say, "I'm..ecstatic but also wow..." she then looks to Cinder "How about you? How many orders did your delicious caramels get?" she'd ask.

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder didn't have much stock left in his stand, which make packing up easier, "I'll have to be a bit more frugal about samples going forward, or they'll clean me out before the convention is over. I got fifteen myself, but most of them were bulk orders, it seems a few candy stores are interested in featuring my candies alongside their own."

He took a deep breath before moving to take down his stall, "You think you'll have enough product to last the whole time? How difficult is your candy to make anyway? Could you make more if you ran out? Or would you need to go back home to have the tools?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

"I'm rally happy to hear that some of your orders are stores wanting to feature your candies alongside their own, that'll mean a lot more ponies can get to know about your caramels and you can earn a decent sized living with that" she'd say, nodding "I think I'll have to do the same, I'm over half way through the stock I brought with me, as for how difficult it is to make, well...I an easily make most of them, but some do require to be made in the Empire to get the right ingredients"

• Brohoof 1