Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Crystal Pony in Canterlot (1x1 with Illiad Easle)

Sphinx-Ara

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder nodded at that, "I'm sure those special ingredients are part of why they're so good. I'm not at that disadvantage though, so long as I have access to a good stove I should be able to make more here, even if it wouldn't quite be as good as I could make at home. If you don't mind sharing, is there some special crystal plant that you use that only grows in the Empire? Or is it just that you have all the ingredients you need at home, and they'd be difficult to find here in Canterlot?"

@Illiad Easle

"It's well.. the crystal pop rock candies i make, it may sound weird, but I did experimenting, and for some reason, when i make them near the Crystal Heart, they taste the best" she'd tell him "So in a way, if i run out here, I can't give out any more samples" she would say to him, collecting her bags "Now about that dinner, how about you come to my room after you've freshened up?" she'd suggest, giving him her room number "We can order something then"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder blushed at Winter's suggestion, "I didn't realize we were such good friends already, but sounds like a plan, I'll try and be there as soon as I can, maybe in an hour? Shouldn't take long to get everything put away."

He loaded up his own bags, leaving his stand where it was since he'd have the same slot tomorrow, "It's interesting that proximity to the heart has such an effect on your candy. Is it just being in the same city as it? Or do you need to get really close for it to help?"

@Illiad Easle

She'd smile "Well I certainly would like to think that we are friends, as for us having dinner in my room, it's more convenience than anything else, really." she'd say "I'm not very fussy when it comes to take-away and I hear most of the nearby restaurants are kind of meh, too fancy shmancy for my liking" she'd say with a giggle, "and well, it's kind of weird, but the closer to the heart I take the candy, the better they taste and the more they sparkle.." she'd say with a shrug

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder shook his head, "I don't think that's weird at all, just interesting that it has that effect. I wonder if that applies to other things created in it's presence? Anyway, I'll be back soon then, as soon as I can."

With that he would head off, dropping his stuff off at his motel room, cleaning himself up as to be presentable for what sounded more like a date than a casual hangout, and would return as fast as he could without breaking a sweat, knocking on the door with the number Winter had given him. He had also picked up a bottle of the soda that Winter had gotten with her lunch, figuring he shouldn't show up empty hooved, and that it was likely a safe bet to be something she'd like.

@Illiad Easle

Mint had managed to get her things into storage in good time, and then freshened up a little before making sure she had some mineral water for Cinder, even though she wondered if he would also like something to order. She'd get out some flyers she had for delivery and waited for him to arrive.

Once he arrived and knocked on the door, she'd open the door and let him "Come on in Cinder, I didn't know what you would like, so I got you some mineral water like I did at lunch" she smiles

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder looked relieved when Winter opened the door, "Ah, I was worried I had the wrong room for a moment there. And thank you, I got you some more of that soda you had at lunch, so I guess we're even there."

He would walk in, taking a quick glance around the room for somewhere to sit, "I'm not too picky when it comes to food, what were you thinking of getting?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

She'd smile, "It took me a bit to find my room when I arrived, so it's okay, oh and sit anywhere you like" shed say, taking the soda "Also thanks, and yeah, guess we are even now" she chuckle and take a look at the menus she had "I hadn't really decided, either Neighponese or Pizza" she'd say "A lot of these are quite fatty though, so.." she gets out a coin "coin flip? Heads for Neighponese and Tails for Pizza?"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder raised an eyebrow, "Well, if you need a tie breaker between those two I'd prefer pizza, plus that gives us more options to our individual tastes, and is typically cheaper in my experience."

If Winter agreed, Cinder would request a cheese and spinach pizza, but would happily go along with whatever Winter wanted if she didn't explicitly ask.

If Winter would still prefer Neighponese he'd simply ask for whatever she got, unless something else was recommended.

After the order was placed and they started waiting he'd try and get conversation rolling, "So, what's it like in the Crystal Empire? I heard it just appeared one day with a bunch of ponies already inside, were you one of those? Or did you move there after?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

She would look to him and put her coin away "Well, as you're my guest, we'll go with what you'd like, and you're right about pizza being cheaper and more able to cater to specific tastes" she would say, getting out the flyer, looking at him, listening to what he'd want "Cheese and spinach, got it" she would say, then deciding on her own order.

"Well, yes you are right about how it just appeared in the frozen north one day, and I had moved after Twilight had defeated Sombra, who was a tyrant and ruler of the Empire before Princess Cadence and Shining Armor took over." she'd tell him, making their orders and smiling as she leaned back a little "So, today went pretty well, I'd say, honestly I was a little scared that ponies wouldn't like my mint candy"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder chuckled, "Mint's a funny thing isn't it? Not only is it used in candy, but like all toothpastes, and a good deal of foods. I'm not surprised you've done well, I'd almost say you should do better here than in the empire, it isn't so cold here after all."

He looked thoughtful, "You know, I brought my caramels here because they weren't too popular in the hot climate, but I'm sure mint candy would be especially popular back home. I wouldn't bee too surprised if my caramels were popular up in a colder climate too. Maybe we should trade some candy between us to take back?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

She would nod "you know, I never thought of it that way, mint is often a refreshing treat, but does make your breath feel cold for a short while, so I could see why ponies who had spent a lot of time in the cold would not like it so much, where-as here in more moderate climates, ponies would love them, as it is a popular flavor" she then nods at his suggestion "Did you just read my mind?" she asks with a laugh "as i was thinking it could be a good way to reach more ponies"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder was glad that his idea was well received, "Alright then, I'll send along with you whatever's left of my stock at the end of the convention, and I'll take with me whatever's left of yours. Hopefully the amounts will be comparable in order for it to be fair."

He sighed, "So, is there more to you than candy? I mean, do you have other interests or things you like to do? Or is candy pretty much you're whole thing? Not that there's anything wrong with that, I'm just curious."

@Illiad Easle

Minty would nod "I like your idea, how about we figure out how much we ought to put aside?" she then suggests,, "That way we can be sure it'll be a fair trade" she would then giggle at his question "Oh, I like to draw, sometimes I stargaze with a friend of mine from Hollow Shades and sometimes I just like to go exploring, go find a spot to meditate"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder nodded at that, "Well, I don't want it to cut in to our potential customer base, but let's try to keep about a small box each?"

In regards to her hobbies he smiled, "I imagine up north you have a very nice view of the stars. Personally I like to travel, there isn't much to see where I live so it makes sense to get out and see the world. I also like to read, which helps the train rides pass by."

Cinder smiled, he had been leading the conversation for a bit, and figured he'd let Winter have a turn.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

She would nod "Oh yes, the stars exceptionally sparkly and shiny back home, but they can be quite distracting, so I often do it most when I visit my friend at her colony, it helps her too, as her kind are still..kind of seen as outsiders" she would say, nodding again to him "A small box each sounds good to me, and reading on train rides are quite nice, so long as there aren't too many bumps along the tracks or too much noise going on"

She then smiles "So, how did you discover your special talent in making caramels?" she'd ask him

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder seemed especially interested in Winter's comments on her friend, "A colony? I've never hear of a colony near the empire, and what do you mean by outsiders? Is it like a griffon colony?"

Per the more personal question, he blushed, "Well, my talent isn't just in caramels, but any candy that involves melting sugar, I nearly set the whole house on fire the first time, since I didn't know anything about proper heat and weight ratios, but I only started trying since one of my ancestors was a candy maker and I wanted to see if I was like them."

He shrugged, "How about you? How'd you figure out your talent?"

@Illiad Easle

She would nod "Well, actually, her colony isn't anywhere near the Empire, it's closer to the Forest" she'd say to him "She is a batpony, and well you know, a lot of ponies are still xenophobic towards her kind" she'd shake her head "All because of a dumb stigma that they're all blood sucking vampires, when in actuality, they're quite friendly and if they trust you enough, will love to cuddle" she'd say with a soft smile.

She then listens to how he learned about making candy and couldn't help but giggle "Oh, well, it happened when I was bored one day as a filly, I was messing about with whatever I could find in the kitchen, and trying to make my own version of pop-rocks, and well, the idea just came to me to try mint and for some reason to try it near the Crystal Heart, and well, it worked.. kind of a boring story really"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder looked a bit disappointed when Winter revealed their friend was a batpony, "Oh, batponies? There's a lot of them back home, I didn't realize they had such issues up north, so I thought you were going to say something... else... nevermind." He shook the thought away, "It's good that you're friends with them, friends are good."

He listened with a smile as she told of her own experience discovering her talent, "Huh, not often that one discovers their talents out of boredom, but there you go. Is it easy to work near the heart? I'm surprised they even let you get so close, I've heard they keep it pretty well guarded since, you know, Sombra."

@Illiad Easle

"You are right, friends are good to have and important too" She'd say, "And unfortunately they do, it's like how Zebras are still seen as strange by ponies in Ponyville" she'd say with a shake of her head, "It's sad really"

She then hears a knock on the door and goes to open it, taking their order and paying for it before returning "Here you go, one cheese and spinach pizza" she'd say, giving it to him and then chuckling "Yeah, I mean I had started with just experimenting, science sort of things, then I discovered that my experiments, all safe, actually almost tasted like candy, so I decided to try making candy, and then thought, well if proximity to the Heart makes things all sparkly, I thought it was a try..as for the guards letting me near it, I was under heavy, and I do mean heavy, supervision"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder was surprised that Winter paid for it unprompted, but he wasn't about to complain, "Thank you, you want me to give you some bits for it?"

He nodded at her explanation of being under guard when she interacted with the heart, "Makes sense, do they still keep you under close guard now? Or have they let up a bit after seeing what happens to your candy? How'd they react the first time?"

@Illiad Easle

She shakes her head "Nah it's all good Cinder, it wasn't that much really" she'd say, as she sat down and opened her pizza box, licking her muzzle "mm veggie supreme" she would say, levitating a slice with her magic, then looks at him, "At first they were skeptical, and to be honest, so was I, but then we tasted the candy and well, after that, so long as i give them a bit after they're made, I'm allowed near the Heart. I also give some to Princess Cadence and Shining Armor"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder looked quite surprised at that, "Hold up, you're giving your candy to royalty?" He snorted, "You should put that on your display, here in Canterlot that will get you sold out in moments. The nobles here love anything even tangentially related to the princesses."

He sighed as he lifted a slice out with his hooves, "I wish my candies could get royal attention like that, at least publicly."

He focused on eating for a bit, letting Winter take the lead again.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

"Oh they love my candies, but..I couldn't use their names for advertisement, could you imagine all the media trying to get interviews, not just with me, but with them.." she shakes her head "No, I couldn't do that to them, especially with Princess Cadence and Shining Armor, they have little Flurry Heart, and i can imagine all that attention could easily frighten and overwhelm her" she then smiles "How-ever, I might give some of your samples to them, I am sure they'd love a little taste of something different"

She then looks to him and then smiles "I've notice your natural charm has gotten you quite a few customers, but I have noticed you have a..unique sales pitch, could you share it with me?"

• Brohoof 1

@AuroraGlimmer

Cinder rolled his eyes, "I doubt your candies would cause them to get much more attention than they already get being royalty, but it's good of you to not want to use them as an unfair advantage. And I would appreciate hearing what they think of mine, if you're able to make it happen, no pressure."

Cinder looked distinctly uncomfortable when Winter asked about his sales pitch, "W-what do you mean? What do you think is unique about it?"