Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Cultural Exchange (1x1 with Skylight Scintillate)

Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle 

Larynx now turned to focus his attention on Magni. "Wait, did you find out I was from Chrysalis' hive from my request or from my appearance? And would it be possible for you to show me how this emotion gel is made? I'm really curious," Larynx asked Magni.

Larynx glanced at the gels as Magni pulled them out. "I would be willing to try some. So, are they just consumed straight out of the jar, or are they served with something?" Larynx asked.

Whichever way they were served, Larynx would try some of the emotions offered. "Hmm, well these emotions are certainly interesting, and tasty, but they don't exactly satisfy that emotional hunger I have. Apologies in advance if I butcher the terminology, Chrysalis wasn't exactly the kind of changeling that would talk about this. Anyways, they taste very crisp and cool, almost like a really juicy watermelon, but not as sweet as love though. Awe tastes like what I have been feeling since I stepped off the train here, but that makes sense. I just can't place my hoof on Simple Winder's taste though. I still can't believe that the changelings here are able to contain emotions in a gel that can be eaten..."

Edited by Skylight Scintillate
  • Brohoof 1

@Skylight Scintillate

Magni smiled at Larynx's curiosity, "When you manage the warehouse like me, you hear lots of things. Most of the hive is aware that Siren there is on an exchange with you, and the you're a reformed changeling, and that reformed changelings are exclusively from Hive Chrysalis, though notably not all changelings from Hive Chrysalis are reformed. There are whispers of changelings who ended up being taken in by other hives after they all got scattered after the Canterlot incident. Anyway, I'm sure Siren will show you how it's made once you're all fed."

In regards to the gel Magni nodded, "Up to you, I personally like mixing it into a shake with some fruit," he lifted up a thermos from under the counter to show him, "Makes for a steady supply of energy throughout the day." Larynx would be given a spoon to try the gels directly.

Magni and Siren both nodded as they listened to Larynx describe his experience, Siren commenting, "Interesting, you've a similar reaction to when ponies try it, it that it influences your emotions, but to a lesser extent."

It was about then that the barrel marked Love arrived and it was brought behind the counter for Magni to portion out, "This should hit the spot a bit better, for a changeling about your size... I think a full jar should be enough to get you through the next few days." He filled up a new jar, the love gel was teal, like the Crystal Heart and how the changelings from Hive Chrysalis were originally. He passed the jar over to Larynx, "I'll keep the barrel here in case you need more, just swing on by and I'll give you another portion. Also, don't let the foallings steal it from you, or anyone else for that matter."

Siren chuckled, "I'll be sure to have him put it away before I show him the nursery or the school. Thanks again Magni!"

Once Larynx was ready to go, Siren would lead the way to a doorway near the elevator that led to a ramp heading downward, "This way leads to the pits, where the raw emotion gel is made and barreled, then it's sent out around the city to the harvesters who fill it with the energy they collect over time, then they send the charged barrels back here. The gel is portioned out and sent along to all the changelings whose cover doesn't let them get back here too often. "

The humidity steadily rose as they descended, so too did the temperature, until they arrived at the pits, or an alcove overlooking the pits below, standing next to a cargo elevator that would lift the barrels up from below. The place was fed by a mineral hotspring that fed several pools via a sort of irrigation system that allowed them to control which pool was fed. The pools had varying degrees of gel-like quality to them, a team of changelings were going about stirring each of the ponds, they pulled the stick out of one to reveal the pool was several lengths deep. "So yeah, the gel is made out of a mix of mineral water fresh from a spring, and changeling goo," one of the changelings working the pit spit into the pool, a thick viscous thing like the changelings had used to capture ponies in Canterlot, and continued stirring, "Which lets the gel hold emotional energy while also providing necessary minerals to keep our bodies healthy, in addition to eating regular meals like a pony would. While a changeling could survive a long while on emotions or emotion gel alone, they'd likely loose muscle definition and become lethargic over time."

She turned to Larynx, "Questions?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle 

"Hold on, you are saying you changelings don't feel the emotions from the emotion gel?" Larynx asked. He tried to remember what it was like to feed off of emotions back before the reformation, but so much had happened since then it was only a very fuzzy memory. 

Larynx tried a little bit of the love gel from the jar that was passed to him. Even though he wasn't that hungry, the little bit immediately filled him all the way up emotionally as he felt the magic and energy surge through his body. "Oh wow... that's some... some strong stuff right there... and really sweet too," Larynx said. He thought about telling Magni that after his reformation, he didn't need as much love as before to feel satisfied, but he loved the taste of the gel so much he would probably finish it within a few days anyways.

Larynx put the jar away before following Magni towards the pits. He was pretty sure only he could reach that spot on his body. 

Larynx was once again blown away by the hot springs underground. He watched in awe as the changelings went about their processes. "I have one question, about how long does it take from start to finish?  We should have some changeling show my hive how it's done. The thing is, my hive actually has hot springs; The only thing is that after Chrysalis got banished, all the changelings spend their time bathing in them."

• Brohoof 1

@Skylight Scintillate

(Siren is the one with Larynx in the pits, Magni stayed at the desk.)

2 hours ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

"Hold on, you are saying you changelings don't feel the emotions from the emotion gel?"

Siren shrugged, "Not really, I mean sure we can feel what emotion it is, but it doesn't influence how we feel any more than any other good food would, not as much as it influences a pony at least. There's a process the cultivators will sometimes do, called 'seeding', where they'll put a few drops in food that will be served to a crowd containing the desired emotion, it typically sways the ponies that eat it just enough to make cultivating all the easier. Though we usually only do that when the crowd seems tough or the gathering less than optimal. Too much influence and we won't be able to harvest, or they might notice."

2 hours ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

"I have one question, about how long does it take from start to finish?  We should have some changeling show my hive how it's done. The thing is, my hive actually has hot springs; The only thing is that after Chrysalis got banished, all the changelings spend their time bathing in them."

Siren nodded, "It depends on the amount. For instance a singe changeling could convert a half liter bottle of mineral water in just a few minutes, but each of those pools holds 9500 liters on average, so they can take two to three months to fully convert, which is why we have a few of them so they can rotate through, that way we have a steady supply of fresh gel to send out."

Siren idly started fanning her wings to keep herself cool, "It does get very humid here, which isn't very pleasant, but our queen always makes it worth our while for anyone who volunteers to work them, on top of better living arrangements. I haven't needed anything myself, but I've worked the pits a few times for some extra spending money."

She nodded, "Any other questions? Otherwise, what do you want to see next?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle 

"Huh," Larynx said as he thought outloud, giving the place another glance. "Well I'm not really sure what else this hive has. Chrysalis has always done things differently, I guess, so I wouldn't really know what this hive has. I guess you should just show me all of it?" Larynx laughed nervously. "Honestly, I really don't know, the school and nursery, I guess?"

• Brohoof 1

@Skylight Scintillate

Siren smiled, "Gladly, but before we go to the school you'll need to put that love somewhere safe, the foallings will snatch it right off of you otherwise. Plus I haven't eaten yet, so maybe we take a break from the changeling culture to work in some pony culture? There's a club nearby that I've sang at a few times, I just haven't had the chance to eat there yet, and I've been curious about their food for a while now."

So she would lead the way, unless Larynx objected, back to the elevator and ride it up to the surface, donning her disguise again before the doors opened to reveal a very nice lobby with a few ponies milling about, unlike below the ponies didn't pay the two of them much mind aside from the occasional glance. 

Walking out the front doors of the tower put them right on one of the main thoroughfares of the city, tall buildings lining the wide streets full of ponies headed all directions. Most of the buildings had a storefront on the ground floor with apartments above, though some had shops up a few floors accessible by stairways or just flying for winged creatures. Siren took in a deep breath as she stood in the sun for a bit, a smile on her face, "Ah, another beautiful day in this wonderful city! You can just smell the excitement in the air."

She led the way through a few streets until they arrived at a corner café called 'Good Notes', they could hear soft jazz music pouring out as they approached. It was a quiet, laid back, atmosphere inside, most of the patrons had their attention on the griffon playing saxophone on the stage, but one of the staff took them to a table and gave them the short list of options quietly, indicating she'd come by for the orders between the songs, giving them time to browse.

Siren spoke softly to Larynx, "This is more of a musical hangout that serves food than a café with music, but I always get good crowds when I sing here." The food options listed were standard for a café, if a bit sparse.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle 

Larynx nodded in reply to Siren. "Oh yeah, good point. Those changelings somehow manage to get their hooves on everything," Larynx joked as he followed Siren towards the elevator. "And yeah, I haven't really gotten a chance to see what pony culture is like here in Manehatten. I mean, I feel like the only thing I have experienced so far is the hustle and bustle of the city's main train station."

When they entered the elevator, Larynx would put on his disguise from earlier. Even though he wasn't sure who he wanted to be yet, he quite liked the appearance he choose. 

"Hey something has occurred to me. Many of these buildings have balconies. Does that mean any old pegasus can just land on it?" Larynx asked Siren.

When Larynx got the menus at the cafe, he glanced it over quickly. When the waiter came around to take orders, Larynx would order pancakes. Then, he turned his attention to Siren. "So you play music here? What's it like?" Larynx asked, occasionally glancing at the griffon on stage.

• Brohoof 1

@Skylight Scintillate

1 hour ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

"Hey something has occurred to me. Many of these buildings have balconies. Does that mean any old pegasus can just land on it?" Larynx asked Siren.

Siren shook her head, "It depends, typically the ones that are designed for access by air are larger and uncovered, while the private ones attached to apartments tend to be smaller and covered. Also the ones you can land on have signage from above to know if it's open or not, and it's almost always as a convenience. That is to say, you could also get to that shop from the ground, but they typically are shops for things that pegasi would need and that other ponies wouldn't find useful, so the reduced accessibility isn't that much of a problem."

1 hour ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

"So you play music here? What's it like?"

Siren ordered a sandwich for herself, "It isn't too different from right now, though there are typically more ponies here in the evening which is when I typically perform. During the afternoons they'll sometimes do an open mic so anyone who wants to perform can. I think that's what this griffon here is doing. They put a hat up front for anyone who wants to tip the performers, and the café takes a percentage up to a certain amount for their upkeep, but they're always sure to leave you enough that it was worth your time, assuming you play well."

The griffon finished his set and their food was brought out, the noise increased in the café as the patrons turned to talking amongst themselves in the absence of a performer, "So, where all have you lived?" She was of course referring to where he'd been disguised before, without saying out loud that he was a changeling.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle 

"Ah, I mean, I like playing music sometimes. You sing right? Maybe I could try that..." Larynx rambled, not really sure where he was going with this. 

3 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

The griffon finished his set and their food was brought out, the noise increased in the café as the patrons turned to talking amongst themselves in the absence of a performer, "So, where all have you lived?" She was of course referring to where he'd been disguised before, without saying out loud that he was a changeling.

"Where have I lived? Oh, I get it. Let's see, outside my h-hometown," Larynx stumbled when he realized he almost said hive. He thought a bit about how to phrase the rest of what he was going to say. "I've been to Ponyville, Canterlot, Cloudsdale, and the Crystal Empire. However, they were all for business, so I have only been to each of the places for a few days each. I haven't been on any business trips since the company I work for did some restructuring though, until now. What about you?" Larynx asked.

When the pancakes arrived, Larynx covered his in a healthy amount if maple syrup. Like the other changelings from his hive, Larynx need his food really sweet like his emotions. He didn't really get why other changeling hives couldn't consume huge amounts of sweets given that for both his hive and ponies, it was necessary.

• Brohoof 1

@Skylight Scintillate

Siren looked impressed at the list of places Larynx had been to, "That's quite the set, I've spent my whole life here in Manehatten, I haven't had any reason to leave yet, though my manager has plans for me to take my singing career to some other cities in the near future, so I'll hopefully get to have at least a comparable experience to the one you've had."

Siren didn't modify her food in any way once it arrived, not that you could do much to a sandwich, and took a few bites before she continued, "Out of all the places you've been, which did you like most? Like, if you could go back to one of them for a longer time, which would you be most interested in?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle 

"Well each city has it's own unique flair. Canterlot has very fine tastes. Being the capital, it seems like there's always a lot going on there, so I wouldn't get bored. They also lead the way in magic research, which I'm interested in. Then, there's Ponyville, which has a very particular small town charm, along with being the residence for the elements of harmony. I would love to meet the elements of harmoney face to face, but I'm not sure if that would be possible. Cloudsdale is well known for it's pegasi culture and weather making. I am slightly interested in the weather making process, but I'm not sure if it's something I want to commit to. IIt also seems like there are a lot of athletic events going on there. Finally, there is the crystal empire, which is known for it's crystal ponies culture, which I definitely want to learn more about. So you see, I'm not really sure. What about you, which cities are you interested in visiting?" Larynx asked Siren in between his bites of pancakes.

• Brohoof 1

@Skylight Scintillate

Siren was thoughtful for a moment, "Hmm... Well my cousin Thor has said nice things about Troy, as well as Trottingham and Las Pegasus, but I think that's due to how well received they were by the audience. I don't know if he ever left his dressing room except to perform. I don't know, but I would like to go to those cities if for nothing more than to follow in his hoofsteps."

That said, a pony approached the stage, a younger looking unicorn colt with a guitar who started to play. While the music wasn't phenomenal, it was clear the colt had talent, he just lacked practice. He didn't have his mark yet either from what they could see.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle 

"Huh, I have heard of Las Pegasus, but not Troy or Trottingham. I heard that Las Pegasus is like the entertainment capital of Equestria, with it's amuesment parks, events, and concerts. Maybe we should visit that city too. Do you know anything about Troy or Trottingham? Those cities aren't inside Equestria, are they?" Larynx asked. He was vaguely aware that there were cities outside of Equestria, but he wasn't sure what their names were. 

Around the time he finished his pancakes, a unicorn colt started playing a guitar on stage. Larynx turned to look at him. "Wow, he definiately has talent in the guitar. I wonder if he will get his cutie mark in it..." Larynx would observe and listen the colt a bit more before turning back to Siren. "So, what should we do now?" he asked.

• Brohoof 1

@Skylight Scintillate

On 2022-08-08 at 8:11 PM, Skylight Scintillate said:

Do you know anything about Troy or Trottingham? Those cities aren't inside Equestria, are they?

Siren shook her head, "Not much beyond what Thor told me, Trottingham's an old Equestrian city, older than Canterlot, up to the north. Troy though is outside Equestria in the Mild West, it's a big trade hub."

"Wow, he definiately has talent in the guitar. I wonder if he will get his cutie mark in it..."

Siren smiled, "I hope so, he really loves performing, if he doesn't get it with the guitar maybe with another instrument? I wonder how often he comes in, he's certainly confident."

"So, what should we do now?" he asked.

Siren thought a moment, "Well, I suppose that depends on you, you want to do something out here in the city? or head back to the tower? We could head down to the pier if you want, you ever been on a boat before?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle 

"Hmm, well I am interested in seeing the city. Maybe you could point out the famous landmarks and talk about the things that this city is well known for. I don't think I have been on a boat before, but I'm willing to try. What will it be like?" Larynx asked. He felt like there were a lot of options here in the city and he didn't even know where to start. There was just so much going on, so much to see and do. In addition, Larynx was still interested in seeing what Siren's hive was like, so there was that too.

@Skylight Scintillate

(I can't say I know all the landmarks that were shown in the show, so we'll gloss over that and I'll focus just on what I've added.)

Siren nodded, "Sounds good, and being on a boat... I've heard it's like flying through uneven air currents, but a bit slower, in that it often tilts back and forth and you can get sick if it takes you by surprise."

Siren paid the bill and they set off out of the club, she took them down one of the major roads, pointing out notable landmarks and telling tidbits about them like a professional tour guide, "... and you've already seen the Hay Tower, while it's not the biggest or most impressive building in Manehatten it is the chosen home of Indigo Blue, famous real estate magnate and pillar of the community here in Manehatten. Finally, we've arrived at the pier, most of the good shipped in and out of Equestria come through this port."

Sure enough there were some very large ships here being loaded and unloaded with barrels and crates of goods of all kinds. Ponies and griffons bustling every which way. Siren led the way to the other end of the pier where the personal ships were docked, small sailboats and the like. Siren approached an old looking pegasus asleep in one of the docked ships, "Hey Salty! You up!"

The pegasus opened one eye and smiled, "If it isn't Siren, who's your friend there?"

"This is Larynx, he's here as part of that cultural exchange I was telling you about."

The old pegasus chuckled, "That start already?" He hefted himself up and out of the boat, holding out a hoof in introduction to Larynx, "Name's Salty Seas, pleased to meetcha."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle 

"Huh, I could picture it like that," Larynx replied when Siren described what a boat would feel like. He thought back to the most recent invasion where he was disguised as Sunshower Raindrops and ended up getting caught in a gust of wind while flying. 

"Oh wow, I didn't realize that each of these tall buildings has a unique history like that. However, each of the histories make sense, especially in context to each other, like how two of the buildings ended up being the result of a rivalry between two insurance companies. Like, there's just so much going on here," Larynx said, glancing around at all the buildings in awe.

"I also didn't realize how diverse this city is. There are so many different cultures here, and so many new and interesting foods to try. I'm not in the mood to eat right now given we just ate, but I'm definiately adding a few things to my bucket list. And also, now that you mention it, there is something different about the way the food tastes here. I didn't know that it was because of the water though," Larynx noted.

"Uh, nice to meet you too, Salty Seas. I'm Larynx..." Larynx introduced himself to Salty Seas, only for a thought to suddenly occur in his mind. Saying it out loud, Larynx didn't make much sense for a pony name. If he was going to be disguised as a pony, he should probably use something that makes more sense and inform Siren.

Larynx glanced at Salty Seas trying to figure out if he is a changeling.

• Brohoof 1

@Skylight Scintillate

(Thanks for filling in)

Salty chuckled at Laryx's hesitation, "Don't be shy now, I'm far too old to be dangerous, anymore." He turned to Siren, "Now, I know my eyes aren't what they use'ta be, but this here looks like a normal pony. You told me you was paired with one of them 'reformed' changelings werentcha?"

Siren chuckled, "That's true, we just figured he'd draw less attention if he were disguised."

Salty nodded, "Smart lass." He turned back to Larynx, "So, you ever been fishing before? You changelings can eat fish like a pegasus right?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle 

"Yeah about that," Larynx said, replying to Siren mentioning that he was in disguise. He leaned in to whisper to Siren. "You know, I think if I'm going to do this whole disguised while in public, I should probably go by a different name too, given that most ponies don't have body parts for names. I'm thinking Lyric? I mean, it matches my current cutie mark of a treble note next to an eighth note. Like, as you said, I could always change it as I figure out more about myself," Larynx whispered.

Larynx turned back towards Salty. "Eh, I don't think I have been fishing before, but I'm willing to try. I think one of my friends offered me sushi with salmon in it to try after returning from Japone. I didn't get a stomachache and I liked it," Larynx remarked. 

Huh, I didn't exactly expect to be going in a fishing trip. I thought it was going to be a tour of the city by river or something. I wonder how far out we are going to go. I doubt there is goign to be anything good this close to the city. Larynx thought to himself.

• Brohoof 1

@Skylight Scintillate

Siren nodded to Larynx, "Sounds good, I should have asked earlier."

On 2022-08-11 at 9:46 PM, Skylight Scintillate said:

"Eh, I don't think I have been fishing before, but I'm willing to try. I think one of my friends offered me sushi with salmon in it to try after returning from Japone. I didn't get a stomachache and I liked it," Larynx remarked. 

Salty laughed at that, "Well then! We'll have to get you some proper fish then, something fresher than the pegasus or gryphon markets will sell you. Climb aboard and we'll be off, there's a good spot I like to go to just a few miles down the coast."

Salty took care of all the ship tasks, so Lyric and Siren could focus on just staying comfortable on the small ship as it tilted to and fro, Siren went to the front of the ship, lying on the bow, reaching out a hoof to feel the water as it passed, giggling as it sprayed up on her, "It's not too cold today, come over and try it!"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle 

"Fresher than that?" Larynx scratched his head. When one of his changeling friends offered some sushi to try, he ended up dragging them to the nearest Kirin fish market, where they literally watched the kirin sushi chef turn the live salmon into sushi within five minutes. Did those five minutes really matter that much?

Larynx watched as the boat sailed out of the harbor and towards the open ocean. he noticed a green statue on an island. "Hey isn't that the statue of, um, what's it called again?" Larynx asked, pointing at the statue.

Larynx noticed Siren laying on the bow and decided to join in. He laid down next to Siren and dipped his hoof in the water too. Some of the water sprayed up onto his face and mane. It was cool, but not uncomfortably so. He giggled a bit in response to Siren. "You know, funny thing: one of the changelings I know at the hive hates the ocean. Ze is always like 'Stupid salt, stupid sea, Uh, this is why I hate the ocean! It's cold, it's wet, and my mane smells like seawater! I don't understand how all those young changelings are able to go on a boat for hours just so they can get that seawater smell in their mane! Do you like smelling like seawater? I don't like smelling like seawater!'" Larynx mimicked and then laughed, not realizing that he had transformed into the reformed changeling that he was referring to.

Larynx suddenly realized what happened and transformed back to his pony disguise. "If we visit my hive and that changeling asks, you didn't hear this from me," Larynx said.

• Brohoof 1

@Skylight Scintillate

Siren giggled at Larynx's depiction of the other changeling, "There's a few changelings like that here as well, they stay as far away from the harbor as possible, complaining how the spray tarnished their jewelry and erodes their sculptures. Personally I think the sea air is good for the throat, I don't know if it's measurable but I've always felt like I sing better after a day on the water. Plus, with a disguise, I don't have to worry about sunburns."

"Ye be lucky in that way lass." Salty chuckled as he brought the sailboat to a stop in a somewhat secluded bay, dropping the small anchor to keep it from drifting. "Now, lets get fishing while the water is calm, they're supposed to bring in some wind later and that will make it hard to fish."

He passed Larynx a simple fishing rod, the line was a fixed length, but the water was shallow enough that it didn't really matter. "Here, we'll start you with this, nothing complicated, this sticky bit at the end attract the fish if you move it around, like a bug on the water, then when they grab hold you pull them out and put them in this bucket, it's enchanted to undo the sticky stuff so the fish comes off. If you get it stuck to you then I've got something to get it off of you too. Key is to be patient, the fish won't come if you move too quickly."

Salty took a fancier rod and demonstrated casting out, then set the rod in a holder while he sat back and waited, letting the rocking of the boat move the lure about for him. "So, whatcha think of ponies so far?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle 

“Heh, I’m actually quite interested in showing you my hive once things get sorted out around there. The changelings there certainly are interesting, even though we have no idea what we are doing,” Larynx replied. 

Larynx grabbed the fishing rod from Salty and levitated it with his magic. He watched Salty carefully, mimicking the way Salty did it, making sure the rod moved slightly, but not too much.

“Let’s see, what I think of ponies so far? Well it seems like ponies care a lot about each other and have strong emotions. They are also incredibly  innovative and tend to like indulging themselves. The thing is like, us reformed changelings want to adopt some culture from the ponies, but we aren’t sure how much to adopt and how much to retain. To be honest, I actually really like pony culture, but I’m afraid that doing so is a betrayal of my changelings identity,” Larynx explained. “Like ponies are able to own their own things, have privacy, have their own specific identity, go on weekly visits to the spa, and go on vacations and such. Chrysalis never allowed any of that,” Larynx explained. He was slightly saddened by this.

• Brohoof 1

@Skylight Scintillate

Salty raised an eyebrow at Larynx's response, "Deep. Hmmm..." he thought a moment before responding, "I can't say I've ever given much thought to 'pony' culture, there's just too many different ponies. Sure, ponies as a whole tend to form into herds, looking out for each other and helping one another, but they can just as easily be aggressive and treacherous to those they consider 'outside' their herd. Plus, and this doesn't apply to all ponies, there's the racial culture to consider, like how pegasi value athleticism, unicorns value knowledge, and earth ponies value strength and self-sufficiency. Then the culture is different depending on what city you look at, Manehatten is much more formal than a small town like Appaloosa, for instance." He chuckled, "But that's just the ramblings of a salty old pegasus. If you're true to yourself, and unashamed, sure some ponies will shy away, maybe even reject you outright, but others will appreciate and accept you for what you are. But if you're not true to yourself, you'll find it hard to accept yourself in the end."

Something caught on the end of Salty's line, and he pulled it in with skill, landing the fish in the bucket without even looking, the line already being cast out again. It was only a moment or two later that something caught on Larynx's line, "Looks like you've got one. Don't pull too hard, or it might get away, could also break the stick or the line if it's a big enough one."

@Illiad Easle 

Larynx thought a bit in response to Salty. "Hmm, yeah I'm aware of the differences between the different pony tribes. I guess with the way my hive interacted with the ponies, it naturally led us to see them as one group instead of multiple different groups. I think I only told Siren this, but I have visited Canterlot, Ponyville, Cloudsdale, and the Crystal Empire, and I have noticed the differences in the culture there. And about staying true to myself, well, I guess that's why I'm on this exchange, so I can find out more about myself," Larynx replied.

When something caught on Larynx's line, he tugged on it carefully, making sure not to pull too hard. However, it was hard to determine how hard he should pull given that he had never fished before. Fortunately, he managed to pull it in and land it in the bucket. He glanced in the bucket, trying to get a closer look at what he caught.

"Wow, well, that's... something," Larynx said. He still wasn't sure what he caught, but it looked kind of large. It was slightly smaller than Salty's fish though. "What is it?" he asked.

• Brohoof 1