Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Cultural Exchange (1x1 with Skylight Scintillate)

Illiad Easle

@Reindeer Skylight

On 2022-11-21 at 8:43 PM, Reindeer Skylight said:

"However, if you aren't comfortable with that, you should probably bring a few jars of awe

She shook her head at that, "I'd be a poor cultivator if I couldn't inspire at least enough Awe to keep myself fed. But better safe than sorry, I've never had to perform for changelings for my food before."

If there's anything you want to bring, feel free to bring that though,

She nodded, looking through what little she owned before settling on a few articles of clothing that complimented her pony form.

There is a bit of a walk after that because Chrysalis really didn't want ponies to discover it...

She looked a bit dismayed at that, "Ah, looks like I'll be getting some exercise after all."

Say, do you know if Clypeus will be joining us?

She shook her head, "Just me for this visit. We've got to make sure it's safe first."

And any questions?"

She thought for a moment, "Compared to what you've seen here, how much do the changelings of your hive interact? Do they mostly keep to themselves? Or is there a lot of casual interaction?"

@Illiad Easle 

"Oh they socialize quite a bit with the other changelings in the hive. In fact, most changelings have a few close friends that they use to cultivate the love they need. However, they don't really socialize with any creature outside of the hive given the whole 'we're scared of what they think of us now' mindset," Larynx explained before going to sleep on the couch. If Siren didn't have any further questions, Larynx would go to sleep on the couch.

The next day, once the pair had packed everything that they would need, Larynx would lead the way towards the train station from where he first arrived in Manehatten. Then, they would board the train that headed towards Larynx's hive. Once on the train, Larynx would ask: "So this is your first time outside of Manehatten? What do you think? Also, Thorax has heard about you and he says that he is excited to meet you," Larynx explained, trying to fight off his boredom by talking with Siren. 

Once the train arrived at the town Larynx mentioned, Larynx led Siren off the train, only to be ambushed by a reformed changeling.

"Larynx! It's so good to see you again. I missed you! So I heard that you were returning from the cultural exchange today, so I decided what better way to welcome you back than to meet you at the station and teleport you back to the hive? Oh, I'm Antenna and I use they them pronouns," the reformed changeling said, introducing themselves to Siren.

• Brohoof 1

@Reindeer Skylight

On 2022-11-27 at 7:56 PM, Reindeer Skylight said:

"So this is your first time outside of Manehatten? What do you think?

"Well... I have been outside the city before, but only to perform, so I never got to see much outside of train stations, hotels, and venues. It's... exciting to not have so much structure."

Also, Thorax has heard about you and he says that he is excited to meet you,"

She nodded, blushing slightly, "Ah, really? I'm nothing special."

"Larynx! It's so good to see you again. I missed you! So I heard that you were returning from the cultural exchange today, so I decided what better way to welcome you back than to meet you at the station and teleport you back to the hive? Oh, I'm Antenna and I use they them pronouns," the reformed changeling said, introducing themselves to Siren.

Siren was surprised they got ambushed so openly at the station, she had been trying to get a good look at the town when they had been approached. Still, she smiled and nodded at Antenna's introduction, "I'm Siren, She/Her, That's very kind of you to help our journey, and impressive, you must have quite the magical ability to teleport three and luggage."

@Illiad Easle 

2 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Siren was surprised they got ambushed so openly at the station, she had been trying to get a good look at the town when they had been approached. Still, she smiled and nodded at Antenna's introduction, "I'm Siren, She/Her, That's very kind of you to help our journey, and impressive, you must have quite the magical ability to teleport three and luggage."

"Why yes, yes I do. Both of us do have a talent for magic, am I right Larynx?" Antenna replied, teasing Larynx by messing up his mane in a playful way.

"Uhh, why are you in your undisguised form?" Larynx asked, really confused. Last time Larynx checked, changelings from Thorax's hive weren't supposed to be milling around ponies undisguised due to what the hive thought what ponies thought of them now. Larynx looked around to see if any ponies on the station platform were staring at them. There weren't any.

"Haha, you're so funny Larynx. Why would the ponies think we're a threat? We reformed, remember?" Antenna laughed. "Anyways, let's go!" Antenna fired up his horn and Larynx felt the distinct feeling of disappearing from one place while simultaneously appearing in another.

"Ta da!" Antenna declared, gesturing to the hive atrium that the trio suddenly found themselves in along with their luggage. There were quite a significant number of reformed changelings both disguised and not walking around casually as though a trio of changelings suddenly appearing was the most normal thing in the world. 

"Well, I guess you didn't have to do too much walking after all," Larynx laughed as he dropped his disguise now that he had returned to the hive. "So, this is my hive. This is the main atrium. Any questions so far? We'll head up to my room after this."

Edited by Reindeer Skylight
  • Brohoof 1

@Silly Skylight

On 2022-12-02 at 4:24 PM, Silly Skylight said:

"Haha, you're so funny Larynx. Why would the ponies think we're a threat? We reformed, remember?"

Siren looked a little down at that, "They never should have had reason to consider changelings a threat to begin with."

On 2022-12-02 at 4:24 PM, Silly Skylight said:

"Well, I guess you didn't have to do too much walking after all," Larynx laughed as he dropped his disguise now that he had returned to the hive. "So, this is my hive. This is the main atrium. Any questions so far? We'll head up to my room after this."

Siren looked a bit nervous, taking note that she would be the only 'natural' changeling in the area. She wondered if there might be a bad reaction to her making that fact obvious. "Would it be preferable if I just stayed disguised? I wouldn't want to make anyone here uncomfortable."

Per questions, she nodded, "A see a number here using a pony disguise, but I was under the impression that most of the changeling in your hive didn't really develop ponysonas, do they keep disguised out of habit? Or are they among the group that wants to more fully adopt pony culture?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle 

3 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Siren looked a bit nervous, taking note that she would be the only 'natural' changeling in the area. She wondered if there might be a bad reaction to her making that fact obvious. "Would it be preferable if I just stayed disguised? I wouldn't want to make anyone here uncomfortable."

Larynx thought a bit. "Well the changelings here would be able to tell that you're a changeling from trying to read your emotions, but you don't need to worry. Thorax has already informed every ling about your visit. Be whoever or whatever you want to be. Thorax has really been trying to spread the idea of freedom of expression at the feelings forums. In fact, that's why you see some ponies walking around. In fact, there's probably a cow or a deer walking around here somewhere too," Larynx explained.

"Yeah I gotta go," Antenna said before transforming into a cow and trotting off.

3 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Per questions, she nodded, "A see a number here using a pony disguise, but I was under the impression that most of the changeling in your hive didn't really develop ponysonas, do they keep disguised out of habit? Or are they among the group that wants to more fully adopt pony culture?"

"Ah yes, for some changelings, they have a very clear idea of who they want to be, in which case they will form a ponysona if they want to be a pony. For other changelings, it depends on what they are feeling. If they are feeling like a pegasus that day, then they will be a pegasus. And then the next day, they can decide to remain undisguised, or whatever else they are feeling. The group that is more likely to adopt pony culture is only more likely to be in pony form because the group that doesn't insists on remaining in their undisguised forms when in the hive," Larynx explained. 

"Anyways, my apartment is up there," Larynx pointed to a balcony facing in towards the large sunlit atrium and buzzing his changeling wings. He would offer to carry Siren's luggage up there and would fly up with Siren. 

Once the pair landed on the balcony, Larynx would gasp, but he would open the door and hold it open for Siren to enter the apartment. "Woah, it looks like they renovated this place while I was away. So apparently this is one bed one bath apartment now. There are a few posters I own that were stored away and I hadn't had the chance to put them back up yet," Larynx said, trying to point out the different aspects of the small and minimalist yet modern and airy apartment while trying to hide the fact that he hadn't had a look since they renovated it. There was a note and some toiletries on the gel-filled couch bed. If Siren read the note, it would say:

Dear Siren,

Welcome to Thorax's Hive. We are thrilled that you decided to visit us. We hope you find this apartment comfortable and that you have a pleasant time here learning about our culture. 

"Wow, my friends really went all in on welcoming you here. I can practically taste the love radiating off of that note," Larynx remarked as he set down his own luggage. 

• Brohoof 1

@Silly Skylight

On 2022-12-04 at 6:02 PM, Silly Skylight said:

Be whoever or whatever you want to be. Thorax has really been trying to spread the idea of freedom of expression at the feelings forums. In fact, that's why you see some ponies walking around. In fact, there's probably a cow or a deer walking around here somewhere too," Larynx explained.

Siren still looked unsure, but nodded before dropping her disguise. It was odd to her, being undisguised in a room full of creatures that were changeling-adjacent, and entirely unfamiliar to her. She felt exposed, like all eyes were on her even if none were.

She put her disguise back on after a short while, "I think I'm more comfortable like this, for now."

"Anyways, my apartment is up there," Larynx pointed to a balcony facing in towards the large sunlit atrium and buzzing his changeling wings. He would offer to carry Siren's luggage up there and would fly up with Siren. 

She sighed, caught between her desire to remain in her pony form, and being unable to fly in her pony form, "Your hive could do with some extra accessibility, what if your wing got injured? Then you'd be homeless!" she chuckled at that, assuming there was probably some sort of plan in place for such an occasion.

She changed her disguise to a generic pegasus mare, mane and coat both cobalt like her hive color, and without a mark to fly up to the apartment before switching back to her regular pony form. 

So apparently this is one bed one bath apartment now.

She raised an eyebrow, "What was it before? One bed no bath? Or just a bathroom?" She didn't find it likely that they had reduced either number from before. "It would be rude of me to deny you your bed after you slept on the couch at my place. Seems only fair that you get the bed this time."

"Wow, my friends really went all in on welcoming you here. I can practically taste the love radiating off of that note," Larynx remarked as he set down his own luggage. 

Siren sniffed at as she read it, nodding, "It smells sweet enough to be. The whole hive smells of it to be honest, but that makes sense since it was your primary emotion before. Hopefully it doesn't get overpowering."

She smiled at the note though, touched by the gesture. "So, now what? You have something planned for us? Or should we rest up for the night and start fresh in the morning?" 

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle 

20 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Siren still looked unsure, but nodded before dropping her disguise. It was odd to her, being undisguised in a room full of creatures that were changeling-adjacent, and entirely unfamiliar to her. She felt exposed, like all eyes were on her even if none were.

She put her disguise back on after a short while, "I think I'm more comfortable like this, for now."

"No problem, do whatever you feel most comfortable doing," Larynx replied. He tried to give Siren a reassuring smile.  

She sighed, caught between her desire to remain in her pony form, and being unable to fly in her pony form, "Your hive could do with some extra accessibility, what if your wing got injured? Then you'd be homeless!" she chuckled at that, assuming there was probably some sort of plan in place for such an occasion.

Larynx gestured to the other door in the apartment. "This leads out into the hallway. So this is like your apartment in that way. It's just that coming from the atrium, it's more convenient to fly through the balcony. Sorry if I forced you to become a pegasus to do this though," Larynx explained, rubbing he back of his neck with his hoof nervously. 

She raised an eyebrow, "What was it before? One bed no bath? Or just a bathroom?" She didn't find it likely that they had reduced either number from before.

"It was a studio, so there wasn't exactly a separate bedroom. However, since I was having guests over, they rearranged everything while I was away so there's a separate bedroom now," Larynx explained.

She smiled at the note though, touched by the gesture. "So, now what? You have something planned for us? Or should we rest up for the night and start fresh in the morning?" 

"Well, we arrived at my hive around the same time I arrived at your hive, so we still have plenty of time today. I definitely think we should go to the feelings forum together, but the next one is tomorrow morning. Thorax will be there, so we can see him after that. He's busy around now today though. So I'll ask you; what do you want to do today? This hive has a lot of similar things to your hive, just done differently," Larynx explained. He had a few ideas of what they could do first, but he wanted to see what Siren wanted to do.

• Brohoof 1

@Silly Skylight

On 2022-12-09 at 6:09 PM, Silly Skylight said:

Sorry if I forced you to become a pegasus to do this though," Larynx explained, rubbing he back of his neck with his hoof nervously.

She shook her head, "Don't worry about it, I should have asked instead of assuming."

"It was a studio, so there wasn't exactly a separate bedroom. However, since I was having guests over, they rearranged everything while I was away so there's a separate bedroom now," Larynx explained.

She nodded at that, "Ah, that makes sense."

I definitely think we should go to the feelings forum together, but the next one is tomorrow morning. Thorax will be there, so we can see him after that.

She raised an eyebrow at that, "What's a 'Feelings Forum'?"

So I'll ask you; what do you want to do today? This hive has a lot of similar things to your hive, just done differently,"

She was skeptical about that, "You didn't know what emotion gel was before coming to my hive, which is foundational on much of what my hive does. I would assume from that that you likely don't have a gel pit, emotional storage, or a nursery..." She shook her head, "Unless of course you do, and just do it differently as you said. Maybe we can start there? See what you do similarly here, then move to what is different?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle 

7 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

She raised an eyebrow at that, "What's a 'Feelings Forum'?"

"Oh I never explicitly explained it to you? It's a place were changelings gather to talk about their feelings and work through any issues they might be having during this time of rapid change. However, it's also great for community bonding and tasting a variety of emotions. We'll go to the one tomorrow," Larynx explained.

7 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

She was skeptical about that, "You didn't know what emotion gel was before coming to my hive, which is foundational on much of what my hive does. I would assume from that that you likely don't have a gel pit, emotional storage, or a nursery..." She shook her head, "Unless of course you do, and just do it differently as you said. Maybe we can start there? See what you do similarly here, then move to what is different?"

Larynx pondered for a minute. "Let's see, where should we start? Oh I know! Let's go take a look at the nursery and school, then grab some dinner before heading to the theater for a musical about this hive's reformation, and then end the day at the hot springs?" Larynx suggested. "Personally, I think that the nursery is the most similar to your hive."

If Siren didn't object, Larynx would lead the way to the nursery, this time through the hallways. The nursery was quite a ways away, as it was built quite deep underground.

Once they arrived, they would find a nursery very similar to the one in Sleipnir's hive. It was warm and humid. However, unlike Sleipnir's hive, most of the cocoons were empty, and the few that did have any only had about three to five new changelings in each cocoon. A changeling tending the cocoons would release some love directed towards the cocoons, where they would be absorbed. However, she noticed the presence of the two other changelings in the area and turned towards them. "Hello Larynx, hello Siren, what brings you down to the nursery? There haven't been any new larvae since Chrysalis left. Oh, and I'm Tibia, she/hers," Tibia explained before introducing herself to Siren. 

• Brohoof 1

@Silly Skylight

On 2022-12-12 at 6:11 PM, Silly Skylight said:

However, it's also great for community bonding and tasting a variety of emotions. We'll go to the one tomorrow," Larynx explained.

She nodded at that, "That makes sense, I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like."

On 2022-12-12 at 6:11 PM, Silly Skylight said:

"Hello Larynx, hello Siren, what brings you down to the nursery? There haven't been any new larvae since Chrysalis left. Oh, and I'm Tibia, she/hers," Tibia explained before introducing herself to Siren. 

Siren was surprised to hear that they even had a nursery, given they didn't have a queen to produce ovum, and she would have figured any produced by Chrysalis would have hatched by now. Still it seemed like her presumptions weren't entirely true, given there were a few left in cocoons, but she was right that these were the last of the hive.

She was somewhat surprised when Tibia already knew her, "It's good to meet you, it seems you have me at an advantage. Larynx is just showing me around so I can compare how your hive compares to my own. It looks like your nursery has seen better days, no offence of course, did you work in the nursery before?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle 

22 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

Siren was surprised to hear that they even had a nursery, given they didn't have a queen to produce ovum, and she would have figured any produced by Chrysalis would have hatched by now. Still it seemed like her presumptions weren't entirely true, given there were a few left in cocoons, but she was right that these were the last of the hive.

She was somewhat surprised when Tibia already knew her, "It's good to meet you, it seems you have me at an advantage. Larynx is just showing me around so I can compare how your hive compares to my own. It looks like your nursery has seen better days, no offence of course, did you work in the nursery before?"

Tibia looked a bit saddened by this. "Ah yes, these changelings are the last ones that Chrysalis produced, and even then these are the stragglers of the bunch. I'm not really sure what we'll do with this nursery once they're ready. Also, I have worked in the nursery before," Tibia explained as she released some love from within her to another cocoon, this time close enough that Siren would be able to observe what was happening. "I simply share the love within me to feed the cocoons. I noticed that after I reformed, I'm able to store more love inside of me. Unfortunately, there aren't that many new changelings to share it with though,"

"Maybe some ling from your hive knows a solution for this. Have there ever been a hive with a male changeling leader? If so, how does that hive make new changelings?" Larynx asked, turning towards Siren. 

• Brohoof 1

@Silly Skylight

23 hours ago, Silly Skylight said:

"Maybe some ling from your hive knows a solution for this. Have there ever been a hive with a male changeling leader? If so, how does that hive make new changelings?" Larynx asked, turning towards Siren. 

Siren raised an eyebrow at that, "Well, remember that changelings don't have genders, not biologically at least. Nonetheless, I've never heard of a hive whose queen was not predisposed female. Still, so long a they were a queen, even if they were predisposed male they should still have the ability to produce ovum. In your case, unless you have a nymph queen who was also reformed, you may be out of luck. In other hives where the queen has died, the remaining changelings would join themselves to a new hive, like Doc did."

She shrugged, "But I never worked in the nursery, so I may not know all the ways or be quite right."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle 

On 2022-12-15 at 9:27 PM, Illiad Easle said:

Siren raised an eyebrow at that, "Well, remember that changelings don't have genders, not biologically at least. Nonetheless, I've never heard of a hive whose queen was not predisposed female. Still, so long a they were a queen, even if they were predisposed male they should still have the ability to produce ovum. In your case, unless you have a nymph queen who was also reformed, you may be out of luck. In other hives where the queen has died, the remaining changelings would join themselves to a new hive, like Doc did."

She shrugged, "But I never worked in the nursery, so I may not know all the ways or be quite right."

Larynx thought for a moment. "Huh, I suppose that makes sense. However, Thorax seems to prefer delegating certain tasks of running a hive to other changelings. Do you think that Thorax would be able to delegate the task of producing ovum to some ling else? Maybe some ling that loves taking care of the ovum?" Larynx pondered out loud. "I suppose we should ask some ling else who is more qualified in this though."

"I mean, I would be up for that, if it's possible, I mean. I love taking care of the young changelings here in the nursery," Tibia said. 

"Yeah," Larynx replied before turning back towards Siren. "Any other questions? If not, we'll head towards the school. Oh, I guess I forgot to mention this, but the nursery is just about the only part of the hive that looks identical to the way it used to be. For example, they are in the middle of building every ling that wants an apartment one and they are renovating the school."

Larynx led Siren back the way they came, along the halls gradually slopping back up to near ground level before branching off towards a smaller atrium. This atrium was quite similar to the main atrium, but with classrooms facing in rather than apartments. The hive's reconstruction efforts were very obvious here, with about half the classrooms looking more similar to a modern pony classroom, and half the classrooms looking like they did originally. There were quite a lot of changeling students of all ages walking around the atrium, with some of the younger ones staring at Siren.

"So here's the school. The school teaches all the pony subjects given that most changelings don't leave the hive now, but we also teach what we have figured out so far about being a reformed changeling. Would you be interested in observing a class?" Larynx asked. "I mean, we don't really know that much about being a reformed changeling yet though."

• Brohoof 1

@Silly Skylight

Siren didn't have any other questions in the nursery, she figured the teachers that would be sent from her hive would help clarify everything in terms of what was possible or not. She bid farewell to Tibia before leaving.

On 2022-12-18 at 12:48 PM, Silly Skylight said:

"So here's the school. The school teaches all the pony subjects given that most changelings don't leave the hive now, but we also teach what we have figured out so far about being a reformed changeling. Would you be interested in observing a class?" Larynx asked. "I mean, we don't really know that much about being a reformed changeling yet though."

She nodded, "Sure! I'd love to see how your school is different, getting to go back to school in my hive with you was fun, I'm sure this will be just as enjoyable."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle 

On 2022-12-19 at 4:14 PM, Illiad Easle said:

She nodded, "Sure! I'd love to see how your school is different, getting to go back to school in my hive with you was fun, I'm sure this will be just as enjoyable."

"Yeah we can do that. In fact, funny thing, some adult changelings pretend to be younger changelings and just casually join one of the classes. Let's see, which class would make the most sense to join? Oh, there's a class on what it means to be a reformed changeling. I suppose we can join that and see if you learn anything else that I might have forgot to mention," Larynx said as he flipped through a list of class schedules before finding the class he was looking for and leading Siren up to the classroom. The path they took was a bit convoluted due to the construction going on at the school, but they made it there nonetheless.

In the classroom, there were various young changelings and other creatures seated at the desks, but there were still quite a few available. The recently renovated classroom had the desks arranged in small groups facing each other. The teacher was standing in the front, but turned and approached the pair when she noticed the entering. 

"Oh hello Siren. I'm Cornea, she hers, and it's so nice to meet you," Cornea said, extending a hoof towards Siren as she introduced herself. "Anyways, I think this class is perfect for you because we'll be talking about what it means to be a reformed changeling! Anyways, take a seat anywhere you like; As Larynx knows, I despise assigned seats."

@Reindeer Skylight

As they walked through the hive Siren kept looking all around, taking in whatever architecture might be featured in the new construction. Hive Sleipnir had featured various architectural styles prominently, which caused the interior of the hive to be more reminiscent of a large building than a series of tunnels. She was not judging the reformed hive of course, just interested in seeing what was different.

Siren was once again disappointed to see that she had once again been denied the opportunity to introduce herself. She should be flattered that news of her had travelled so quickly, and it wasn't like she wouldn't be known like this when she would someday go on tour...

She repressed those feelings and simply nodded at Cornea's introduction, "It's good to meet you." She shook the offered hoof before taking an available seat, preferably one with an adjacent open seat for Larynx if available.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle 

There were plenty of available seats so finding a pair wherever Siren preferred wouldn't be a problem. A significant amount of students began trickling in after that, and while most of them were in their undisguised reformed changeling forms, quite a few of them were in other forms too, such as a kirin. It seemed many of them were discussing what their favorite sweets were and were too busy to notice Siren. However one of the changelings sitting next Larynx recognized him.

"Hey Larynx, I recognize you. What are you doing in this class? I thought you were on a cultural exchange..." the changeling disguised as a hippogriff trailed off. 

"Alright every ling, settle down," Cornea said as she tapped a hoof against the whiteboard to get every ling's attention. "We have a new student here today. Would you like to introduce yourself and talk about where you're from?" Cornea asked Siren.

Larynx practically agreed for Siren before he realized what he was doing. While he couldn't read her emotions directly, he got the impression that Siren had wanted to introduce herself, so he was glad this opportunity showed up.

@Reindeer Skylight

Siren smiled politely at the hippogriff, but didn't interact just yet.

She was pleasantly surprised when she was asked to introduce herself, and stood up to speak, "Hi everyone! My name is Siren, I'm a changeling from the Sleipnir hive in Manehatten here on a cultural exchange with Larynx here. I'm looking forward to learning with you all."

Unless there were follow-up questions she would sit back down.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle 

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how she saw it) Siren was immediately flooded with questions by the other students.

"You mean, there are other changeling hives out there? How come we never heard about them?"

"Does that mean you still impersonate ponies and steal love from their spouses?"

"So are you like, evil or something?"

"What do you look like? I mean, you don't normally look like a pony, right?"

"Why did you come on this cultural exchange?"

"Alright every ling, calm down. Siren can't get a chance to reply if you all don't stop asking her questions," Cornea said as she tapped her hoof on the whiteboard again.

• Brohoof 1

@Reindeer Skylight

Siren was taken aback by some of their questions, and even a bit offended by the one insinuating that she was evil. She was starting to get overwhelmed but was grateful that the teacher put a stop to it so she could gather her thoughts.

She steadied herself in an effort to not look as bothered as she was by their questions, reminding herself that they likely didn't know any better.

"There are dozens of other hives out there, almost every major city and populated area has one. I don't know why your Queen never told you about them, but she kept herself distant from the other Queens."

"Most changelings don't replace ponies that already exist, we try to create our own identities to better coexist with the ponies. Further, a well organized hive with cultivators and harvesters would only need to 'steal' or draw emotional energy directly from a pony in times of emergency. We are perfectly capable of collecting all the energy we need just from what the ponies give off naturally. Thirdly, my hive prefers Awe and Satisfaction over Love."

"Also, no. There's no changeling that I know who I would consider evil. That's a rude thing to ask by the way."

"I look like what you all used to look like, just with a slightly different coloration to reflect the different emotions used when I was still in the cocoon. I... I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable by undisguising, but I am cobalt instead of teal."

"I came on this cultural exchange to get some experience outside of Manehatten, I'm a vocalist by trade and I would like to go on tour in the future, so I needed to get out of the city. When I was paired with Larynx my focus shifted to learning about reformed changelings and how you all are different from changelings like me."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle 

"Mandible, why would you say something like that?" Cornea gasped when she realized what one of her students asked. "Apologize to Siren."

"Sorry..." the changeling disguised as a griffon whispered to Siren. Larynx could taste the intense heat of their terrible embarrassment as they tried to cover their face with their claws, embarrassed about what they blurted out so impulsively. 

"I'm terribly sorry about the rough start we're having, my students aren't usually like this. Anyways, Siren is on a cultural exchange from a different changeling hive from Manehatten, so I expect you all to make sure she feels welcome here," Cornea said, which got mumbles of agreement from the class.

"If there aren't any other issues then let's get started. Today we are going to be learning about what it means to be a reformed changeling biologically speaking. Yes, that means that you will need to be in your changeling forms for this. Siren, if you feel comfortable, you can try to follow along by copying Larynx's biological form. If not, I think you'll still be able to learn quite a bit by listening," Cornea explained.

There were several groans in the class as the changelings that weren't in their reformed changeling forms burst a white flame before appearing as their undisguised forms. 

"So every ling observe yourself. Write down and talk with your group about anything you notice, but pay particular attention to anything you think changed during the reformation," Cornea finished.

"Feel free to observe me to try it for yourself or just to take mental notes," Larynx said.  

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Reindeer Skylight

Siren raised a hoof when presented with the task, "Um, if it wouldn't make anyone uncomfortable, I could serve as an example of how the rest of you used to look. I mean, my coloration is a little different, but physically my natural form is no different from how yours were. Then you could compare me to how you are now?"

If the teacher agreed, and no one expressed discomfort, Siren would undisguise in a roll of cobalt fire to reveal her natural, unreformed, self. She was clearly still shy about being so observed, but would eventually warm to the situation if the students were kind about their observations.

If someone expressed discomfort however, she would remain disguised, and just take the opportunity to observe Larynx more closely.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle 

"Huh, well I have to admit I haven't thought of that before, but we can do that if every ling is comfortable with it. You all are comfortable with this, right?" Cornea asked, looking for confirmation from Siren and the class.

The class mumbled a confirmation, and from what Larynx could tell, none of them felt uncomfortable enough for him to detect over the cocktail of other emotions flowing around the room. However, he couldn't exactly tell what Siren was feeling. "Are you sure you feel comfortable with this? Because I know how you wanted to stay in your pony form earlier..." Larynx leaned over and whispered to Siren.

If Siren still agreed to this than the rest of the class would occasionally glance over to Siren as they made their observations. Larynx would also let Siren observe him closely for her to see any physical differences. 

"Hi I'm Proboscis, they them, nice to meet you," the changeling that noticed Larynx from earlier introduced themselves to Siren. The changeling would let Siren make her observations before making their observations. "So some observations I've noticed are that for the most part, we are the same size. However, I suspect that we are heavier than we are before. Maybe you can confirm this Siren? The only other difference I can think of is that our transformation process might have changed, but I'll need you to transform into something and describe the process. And we changed colors, but that seems a bit superficial..." Antennae shared with Siren and Larynx.

"Class, it is ok to start off with superficial things, but try to go deeper and think about how our lives here changed when we all reformed," Cornea suggested to the class in general as she jumped around the front of the class in excitement, transforming into several different species as she talked.

Larynx gasped when he realized what the teacher was hinting at and he gave a smug look to the changelings that weren't in his observation group. "I think I know what the teacher is trying to hint at here," He whispered to Siren and Proboscis.

• Brohoof 1

@Skylight Scintillate

Siren went through with revealing her natural form, and while she was shy about it at first, she relaxed as she saw that the others didn't look at her with any degree of disgust or malice.

On 2023-01-08 at 8:19 PM, Skylight Scintillate said:

"Hi I'm Proboscis, they them, nice to meet you," the changeling that noticed Larynx from earlier introduced themselves to Siren. The changeling would let Siren make her observations before making their observations. "So some observations I've noticed are that for the most part, we are the same size. However, I suspect that we are heavier than we are before. Maybe you can confirm this Siren? The only other difference I can think of is that our transformation process might have changed, but I'll need you to transform into something and describe the process. And we changed colors, but that seems a bit superficial..." Antennae shared with Siren and Larynx.

She nodded in greeting, "It's good to meet you Proboscis. I didn't see a scale around here, but when Larynx was with me back at my hive he got weighed and did far exceed the median weight for the changelings in my hive. Not to say that he is fat or anything, if anything he looks rather thin, and he did still weigh less than the median pony, so there's that."

"As to transforming, the process is mostly subconscious to me, but if I had to describe it it would be that I envision what I want to look like, then trigger the magic across the area that needs changing. The magic tends to flow away from my horn, since I'm predisposed unicorn, but I've seem other changelings have the fire flow up from their hooves, or out from their wings, whichever magical conduit is strongest I suppose."

On 2023-01-08 at 8:19 PM, Skylight Scintillate said:

"Class, it is ok to start off with superficial things, but try to go deeper and think about how our lives here changed when we all reformed," Cornea suggested to the class in general as she jumped around the front of the class in excitement, transforming into several different species as she talked.

Larynx gasped when he realized what the teacher was hinting at and he gave a smug look to the changelings that weren't in his observation group. "I think I know what the teacher is trying to hint at here," He whispered to Siren and Proboscis.

Siren raised an eyebrow at that, "I don't think I follow, care to enlighten me?"

• Brohoof 1