Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Cultural Exchange (1x1 with Courageous Thunder Dash)

Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle

Chelsea smiled warmly as she took the lead, strolling towards the cafe. "Do you eat all three meals or do you sometimes skip?" Chelsea suddenly asked now with food on her mind. "I usually skip lunch in favor of a somewhat early dinner." Chelsea said looking at Snipes. 

@Illiad Easle

"Fair enough. I sometimes skip a meal depending on how my schedule is. What I do sometimes is if I sleep late, I usually have a brunch that leads into a smaller but healthier dinner." Chelsea said continuing to stroll slowly. The Ponyville Town Hall could be seen just straight ahead. "Oh look, there's the Town Hall. Sometimes, the Mayor holds a town meeting to catch us up on happenings around Ponyville and beyond." Chelsea explained. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Snipes looked interested, "The mayor herself? Well, I suppose Ponyville is much smaller, population-wise, than Spartrot. If the head consular of Spartrot tried to do something like that... I don't know if anywhere other than the stadium would be big enough to hold everyone. I think it's cool that your mayor is so... approachable, like they're not so far removed from the populous by their station and bureaucracy."

@Illiad Easle

"That's why I really like Ponyville. Why, the Princess of Friendship herself roams freely around here. I've chatted with her a couple times. This is exactly why Ponyville is the #1 friendliest place to be in all of Equestria, because everyone understands each other and it's such a humble town." Chelsea stated. "Meanwhile in The Griffon Kingdom you have delegates that come together and keep the community together. As said in my letters, there was a king but he was overthrown..." Chelsea explained. 

• Brohoof 1

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Snipes raised an eyebrow, "That would be Princess Sparkle right? Given what I'd heard about your other royalty, I'm surprised to hear that she would be so... accessible. Though if my sources are correct, she wasn't always an alicorn? Maybe that contributes."

He nodded at her comments about the Griffon Kingdoms, "I heard about that. It is good for leaders to remember that they remain in their position because those below allow it. I hope the new leadership is more agreeable to the citizens' desires."

He looked about as they walked, "So, beyond the town hall and the shop we're going to, what else is there to do in this town?"

@Illiad Easle

"You would be totally correct about Princess Twilight Sparkle not always being an alicorn. From what I heard, she finished up a spell that ended up restoring her friends to their true selves after their cutie marks were switched up due to the same spell. And here in Ponyville, there is so much to do. We have a spa, gym, bowling alley, library, animal sanctuary and even some new buckball courts." Chelsea explained. 

• Brohoof 1

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Snipes nodded, seemingly impressed, "That's pretty good for a relatively small town, a strong focus on enrichment, I can't say we have much like that in Spartrot, they're much more focused on improvement, so while we have a number of gyms and libraries, I don't think we have any of those other things. I'd like to see them while I'm here if that's not inconvenient."

@Illiad Easle

"Ooh! Then I could teach you how to bowl, play buckball and even get you a really nice massage at the Spa. The spa ponies here give by far one of the best massages in all of Equestria." Chelsea said. "Would you also want to take a small trip to Canterlot?" Chelsea asked.

• Brohoof 1

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Snipes had a slight smile, "Thank you, I'm glad to have you as a guide to all these new experiences. In regards to Canterlot, I'm not opposed, but you haven't exactly painted it in the best light."

He looked around again, getting hungrier by the minute, how far away was this shop they were going to?

@Illiad Easle

Chelsea took a small right and the cafe was right there. "Well...here we are Snipes. I know you're very weary about Canterlot. but it is a beautiful city...it's a shame that some ponies who live there have to act like they're all that..." Chelsea said as she opened the door to the cafe and went in, holding it for Snipes with her tail. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Snipes smiled as he sniffed the air, happy to finally be where they would be eating, he nodded in thanks for Chelsea holding the door open for him as he entered the café and looked for a place to sit, "I suppose I'm lucky then that I don't much care what others think of me, nor do I put much stock in what others think of themselves. Their actions will speak loud enough in time."

@Illiad Easle

"So true. That's why ponies don't look up to them snobby rich Canterlot ponies. It's a shame they fall into the trap that you have to act rich and uppity to show their status. Compare that to a city like Manehattan where ponies from all walks of life live. More and more non-pony creatures are actually starting to settle in Equestria." Chelsea explained. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash

The café wasn't all that big, nor was it all that busy, which was to be expected in a town mostly composed of earth ponies, that a place serving fish might not be very popular. The mare at the counter, a pegasus, smiled as they entered, "Hello again Chelsea! And-" her smile faltered a bit when she saw Snipes, but she shook that into curiosity, "Is that a friend of yours? I can't say I've seen anyone quite like them before."

Snipes sighed, "I don't expect you would, I may well be the only Reintral, ever."

The mare at the counter recovered quickly, "Well anyway, what can I get started for you two?"

@Illiad Easle

"This is Snipes. He's a new friend of mine. You see, I decided to enter this culture program where we would be paired up with someone from an entirely different culture. I was paired up with Snipes here and this is his very first time here in Ponyville. In the upcoming days, I'm going to show him what all there is to do. Anyway, I'll take my usual medium ribeye steak with a side of sauteed spinach. What would you like Snipes?" Chelsea asked. 

• Brohoof 1

@Courageous Thunder Dash

In regard to the introduction the mare at the counter nodded, "I saw the flyers for that, I was thinking of joining up myself, but taking so much time off just didn't fit in my schedule." She turned to Snipes, "Well, I'm happy to welcome you to Ponyville, I hope you have a good time while you're here!"

Snipes had a faint smile at that, but simply nodded in response.

In regards to Chelsea's order, Snipes raised an eyebrow, his expression concerned, "Steak, as in a cow?" he shuddered, looking a little sick, but suppressed it, "Okay..." He turned to the mare at the counter, "I'll just have fish, whatever you've got that's good and however you'd recommend it."

The mare nodded, unfazed by Chelsea's order as it was her usual, "I'll pass those along to the chef and have them out to you as soon as they're ready. Go ahead and take a seat at one of the tables."

Snipes would let Chelsea choose the table and sit across from her, "I hadn't thought we'd encounter such a striking cultural difference so soon. I thought the griffons back home were kidding."

@Illiad Easle

Upon hearing Snipes order of fish, Chelsea leaned in close to Snipes. "You gotta try their grilled grouper, especially if you put bits of herbs on top of it like oregano." Chelsea said. "You still have some time. Ask the waiter about it." Chelsea said. "And steak is one of my favorites to eat. Yes, I do eat fish, but I eat all sorts of meat. Most griffons back in the kingdom prefer beef and fish." Chelsea explained. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Snipes shook his head at Chelsea's suggestion, "Maybe next time, I'm interested in what she considered good to start out."

Snipes looked uneasy again when Chelsea mentioned eating beef, "I mean no offence of course, but why cow? I mean, I can understand fish, chicken, even pigs, they're not intelligent, not like ponies and gryphons, but cows? They're intelligent creatures. They have their own nation between Troy and Equestria on the side by Archback." He sighed, "I just can't imagine eating something that could, with words, ask me not to."

@Illiad Easle

"I get you Snipes. Of course, I love me some pork chops though. If you season it right, mmmm, it comes out delicious." Chelsea said swishing her tail. "But there's just something special about beef. It can be cooked in so many ways. Sadly, during the old Griffon King's reign, he ordered an attack on an innocent cow region and then after the "victory", he "prepared a feast". That was just sad really...but somewhere out there, pure feral cows roam the land. They don't speak like us...they just make their mooing sounds and just graze. Yes, beef is really good, but I totally understand where you're coming from." Chelsea explained. 

• Brohoof 1

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Snipes looked visibly relieved to hear that feral cows existed, "That... is comforting to hear. I still don't think I could stomach eating one myself, even if it were feral, but I'm glad to know that you'd strongly prefer to not eat other intelligent creatures."

It was about then that their orders were brought out, Snipes having been brought a lemon roasted salmon on long grain rice. "I don't think I've had anything like this before, but it does smell nice."

After they took a few moments to start eating Snipes asked, "So, you've mentioned the Griffon Kingdoms a few times now, how long did you live there before you came here?"

@Illiad Easle

Chelsea drooled slightly as she saw her medium well done ribeye steak. She cut a few small pieces, and looked up when Snipes asked her about the Griffon Kingdom. Chelsea started to sniffle just a little, the memories of her parents and the shipwreck. "I was born there. My mother, was a griffon and..." Chelsea stopped as she tried her utmost to not break down into sobs in front of Snipes.

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Snipes looked distinctly concerned, setting down his food, when Chelsea started to tear up, "Hey... I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was a tender subject. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."

Snipes wondered how he could rescue the situation, "I, err... maybe you should ask me something instead, I feel as though I've been a bit aggressive with the questions lately."

@Illiad Easle

Chelsea looked at Snipes still with tears in her eyes. "My parents meant so much to me...and they were taken away all because of one pony's hatred towards us griffons..." Chelsea managed to say, only letting one sob free. "And through that whole thing...that's how I got my cutie mark..." Chelsea said beginning to wipe the tears from her face. "I'm sorry you had to see that..." She added. 

• Brohoof 1

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Snipes shook his head, "You've nothing to apologize for, the death of a family member is almost always something worth mourning." He sighed, "It's not something I'm familiar with, but I've seen others deal with similar losses. I'm not trying to compare your grief to that of others, but I'm happy to listen if you want to talk about it, or to leave it alone if you'd rather not. I won't push into things you don't want exposed."

@Illiad Easle

"In Equestria, ponies talk about their loved ones who passed away a lot. It's different for me. I was so young and still growing, and it happened on what was supposed to be a happy day, when the griffons would extend their peace to mainland Equestria..." Chelsea explained, sniffling again.