Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Post-DLC Super Smash Bros Ultimate Discussion

Shadowmoth2011

Well, the days of Smash Ultimate speculation are behind us. Last year, Sora from Kingdom Hearts was revealed as the final DLC fighter for the game.

Overall, I am very happy with the Smash Ultimate roster. There are still things I would change, like swapping Min Min out for Ribbon Girl and for corn's sake ADDING VIRIDI AS A PLAYABLE FIGHTER ALREADY (she's pretty much my Ridley/K. Rool by now), but as is I'm fully fine with how things are. Byleth was one of my most wanted characters so I was one happy camper when s/he got in back in 2020 (their moveset is also *chef's kiss*).

And of course the "Everyone is Here!" tagline meant that Corrin was in from the get-go when everyone thought he'd be cut. And Isabelle from Animal Crossing isn't even an Echo Fighter. WHINING FOOLS BEGONE!

At the end of the day I'm just very happy with the final roster, and the inevitable cuts in the next Smash game will probably make me very sad. I don't want to lose Corrin, Isabelle or Byleth...(but if they get swapped out for Ribbon Girl or Viridi, I wouldn't mind)

As of now I'm trying to hone my skills at playing Smash. Never felt comfy with the Gamecube controller so I'm happy with the standard Switch controls. And I'm improving my Corrin quite healthily. :) Though I need to start playing Isabelle, Byleth and Yoshi again.

So as a summary of this thread, as well as your final thoughts on Ultimate, I'm askin' these questions:

• Who's your main? (Me: Corrin)
  • Are you happy with the final roster? (Me: Yes)
  • Who do you think will get in the next game? (Me: Waluigi, Bandana Waddle Dee, and a new FE protagonist)
  • Who do you think will get cut? (Me: Corrin unfortunately...and probably Sora too :/)
  • Who do you WANT to get into the next game? (Me: RIBBON GIRL, VIRIDI, and Grima from Fire Emblem Awakening)
  • Any other thoughts? (Me: Screw Kirby's Final Smash. Give the poor guy a new one, Ultra Sword is just so BORING)

And in the words of Sakurai himself, "One more thing..."

:yay:CAITLIN COOKE FOR MULTIVERSUS!:yay:

I think the roster was great but there were a few characters I would have preferred and some I could have done with out. Most of the characters I wanted came in before the DLC(Ken, Simon Belmont, Ridley, Snake returning). I liked....most of the DLC, but the only character on my wishlist was also the only one I least expected(Terry Bogard)

As for that questionnaire

- Main: Terry Bogard, Snake, Captain Falcon
- Am I happy with the roster? Yes
- Who do i think will be in the next game? Dixie Kong and especially a new Zelda character that isn't another Link are long overdue. I could see Krystal or a new F-Zero character happening if Nintendo finally gets around to making a new game
- Who do I think will get cut? For sure? The Melee cuts that didn't make it to Smash 4. Some of the Square characters are most likely, especially Sora. After that it's a coin toss
- Who do I want to see in the next game? Besides the aforementioned Zelda character, I wanted a western 3rd party character like Doomguy, Scorpion/Sub Zero or Crash Bandicoot. A few others include Isaac from Golden Sun, Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia, or Jill Valentine
- Other thoughts: Soundtrack still missed a couple of essential songs keeping it from being perfect: Rules of Nature(Metal Gear RIsing), True Love Makin'(Capcom Vs SNK 2) and Volcanic Rim(Street Fighter IV) come to mind