Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why the constant abuse in the fluffy pony sub fandom?

Steve Piranha

I’ve recently discovered a sub fandom of Fluffy Ponies. I didn’t see much of them, save for Fluffle Puff. But it came to my attention the constant abuse and torture the poor ponies are subjected to. Why is that?

there should be an internet law for this: for every cute thing, there is an equal and opposite grim-dark fan reaction. Fluffles are very cute, so therefore there is a grim-dark fluffle sub-fandom. Pinkie and Flutters are particularly cute, so there is a fandom where they are monsters. If it doesn't have a rule number, this can be rule 622 (after Mixermike622, the maker of Flufflepuff)  

i’ve got no idea, but it’s absolutely revolting. they’re so cute and small, i just want to take care of them. i don’t know how anyone could be that gross, to draw that kind of stuff. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Splashee said:

Fluffy pony sub fandom? I have never heard of such thing.

I would have said the same until three days ago. Wish I would have kept it that way :sunny:. I already forgot how the hell I discovered it in the first place :dry:

It's probably human nature. Humans are kinda naturally sadists. I'm not saying everyone on earth is a sadist. But humanity has a long history of being cruel sadists. But times have change so we express our sadism with art. It's sad to see.

4 hours ago, Flying Pencil said:

It's probably human nature. Humans are kinda naturally sadists. I'm not saying everyone on earth is a sadist. But humanity has a long history of being cruel sadists. But times have change so we express our sadism with art. It's sad to see.

that makes sense. i just don’t get why they have to share it on the internet, where everyone can see it. i experience violent intrusive thoughts and occasionally cope with it through art, but I’ve never shared it with anyone, and doing so just seems like it does more harm than good. overall it’s just kind of depressing

Edited by brony_bonk

I'm kind of shocked about never having heard about this given that a quick Google search shows it to have been going on for a decade?

I knew about Fluffle Puff and fans making their own OC's of fluffy ponies, but this is like looking up someone you went to highschool with and discovering they make meth. :huh:

That being said, I'd argue after liking ponies, and being accepting of others, the thing our Fandom is best known for is being responsible for creating things people don't want to see and then putting it where everyone can see it.

If most of this stuff was produced between 2012-2014, then it was probably made by obsessive teenage trolls as a counter to obsessive teenage fans.

Some say that this whole Fandom was a result of guys ironically watching the show and then unironically enjoying it. The extent of content made about abusing and torturing fluffy ponies leads me to think the same thing occurred. A joke too far forming a hobby, and then a community.

On 2022-07-31 at 7:06 PM, brony_bonk said:

i’ve got no idea, but it’s absolutely revolting. they’re so cute and small, i just want to take care of them. i don’t know how anyone could be that gross, to draw that kind of stuff. 

i do like the hugbox stuff though!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Eh, it's an old thing from the underground old fandom. The least you know the better. It's somewhat related with one of the darkest trends from early 2011. Most of these are cathartic things. Keep in mind this was popular with the bunch of war veterans, active police officers and overall domestic violence survivors that roamed the fandom in the early days and was later adopted by the edgy newcomers. There's also a counter trend within the fluffy community, the hugboxers. Those are mostly wholesome. Remember, there's always light if there's darkness, and there can't be darkness without light.

..... Interesting... Should i stare at this abyss?

....luckily the art style's drawing killed my curiosity and didnt look deeper...

These are weird fettishes that they shoulda just keeped to themselves. I bet when they look at what they made, they'd facepalm themselves or pretty much deleted this part of their memory.

Cringe part of the fandom... Regret looking at it because of cringe....

It was not abyss that i found.... It was cancer :umad:

• 2 weeks later...

If this is the fluffy ponies I think you are talking about, then I can agree that the art of it is fucked up. It’s obviously a gruesome fetish in the form of drawings.

But if this isn’t the ponies I am thinking of, I am okay with that pink fluffy pony having hateful comments thrown on it. That thing is annoying.

• 4 months later...