Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What is the most famous TV show or movie you have never seen?

Reecejackox

Too many to count. Avatar(James Cameron), Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Mandelorian, just to name a few 

• Brohoof 1

I haven't seen Top Gun: Maverick, even though I heard it was a great movie. I haven't seen the original, either. As for shows, I haven't ever watched Grey's Anatomy.

Edited by ExplosionMare
  • Brohoof 1

Breaking Bad. Everyone gives me shit for not watching since it was shot out here. Why not? Well, when a piece of media is shoved into your face so often and so many people demand you see it, it feels like both homework and a cult. And if there's two things that make you *not* want to watch something...

Honestly most of them. As much as I enjoy watching Shows and Movies it feels like there's always something else higher on my priority/hobby list.

I wish there was some way to just absorb entire TV shows (and books for that matter) in in instant, but I guess that would probably defeat the purpose :please:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've never seen anything related to minions and I don't plan to tbh. They always felt kind of bland and corporate to me :laugh:

Oh theres a lot of them: Game of Thrones (Yes really), hunger games, attack on titans,.
Anyway, I don't have a desire to watch these simply because of the reason that they are popular, what I mean is that when I watch a movie or a show, I watch it because I have a genuine interest for it and not because everyone keeps telling me to watch it. 

Ghost Busters series, Indiana Jones series, Then God Father, Terminator, Fight club, The Goonies, Back to the Future, Scarface, The Mask, The Matrix, Austin Powers, Kill Bill, Star Trek, Fullmetal Jacket, Pulp Fiction, Brave heart, Napoleon Dynamite, there's probably more..

.I don't like crappy overrated gangster/crime movies, loathe them, I hate not laughing at movies that are supposed to be comedy, half the "action" movies it really has to involve some, mythical, science fiction, or paranormal aspect or else I know it's just people pretending to be badass without a general moral or direction, shits stale, boring, most live action shit has to have these aspects or we know it's just an actor trying to encapsulate a person they are not lol a lot of movies with human actors remind of the episode of DuckTales 1987 "Where No Duck has Gone", I already know it isn't real, you really have to sell your part to the point I know your living in that world and enjoy the character you are, not just your impressionistic portrayal of some kind of pop culture stereotype . I don't like it ..

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't seen Stranger Things yet, which is strange because the whole genre of the show is right up my alley. 

Neither have I seen Squid Game... I think hype is something that tends to drive me away from something. Like @JuliaMaxOSsaid, I'm usually interested in something prior to watching it. I do take suggestions of course if I look at it and it seems fascinating.

Edited by Aticus the Adequate

• 1 month later...
On 2023-01-06 at 1:32 AM, Aticus the Adequate said:

I haven't seen Stranger Things yet, which is strange because the whole genre of the show is right up my alley. 

Neither have I seen Squid Game... I think hype is something that tends to drive me away from something. Like @JuliaMaxOSsaid, I'm usually interested in something prior to watching it. I do take suggestions of course if I look at it and it seems fascinating.

I have seen Squid Game. Did I like it? I guess so? There were a point when I declared to myself that I don't want to watch stuff just because it is popular. Now I have calmed down and don't really care anymore.

• 4 weeks later...