Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Apart from death , what are you not ready for?

Reecejackox

Everything. Health issues, financial struggles, worldwide problems, watching family and friends fade away, anything else. My happiest days were during my childhood. Those days are long gone. Kinda makes me wish I would've stopped existing at that point. 

Hey there! I moved this over to the forum lounge since this is more of an ice breaker topic. The Life Advice area is for those who are in need of advice for life issues. 

Also, the mega thread tag is a special thread tag for large threads that meet certain criteria. 

I am not ready to look for a house...and start paying more bills than what I have now. 

• Brohoof 1

Oh but it's all death and everything associated with age and illness that people aren't ready for. You may have some control early on when you're young, but you lose more of it the older you get until eventually.. you lose all of it. If not your own then that of others...

Apart from death, everything else in life you don't HAVE to be ready for because you do have some control over it.

To "grow up", lucky I live in the old U.S.A lol, I have the personal liberty of liking childish things and keeping my inner child alive, but really I see myself growing up all the while... Emotionally maturing, becoming more understanding and interested in the perspectives of others, becoming more patient and less unruly, learning how to diagnose a problem and trying to actually fix it, rather than contributing to my own needless suffering, ultimately becoming detached from "small town psycho social drama", I just can't care about things so negative, draining and meaningless ultimately...

I honestly am not even ready to turn 30, I think that is a gross age when you want to keep as youthful as possible, it's just, the literal number of your age now defies the child inside, its telling you to take on new responsibilities and to take new risks, it's just a time or a transition rather between being perceived as "young" to being perceived as "an adult" it all changes in just a few years.. but A LOT can change in "just a few years" look what happens from middle school to your senior year...

I'll NEVER be ready to marry, I don't believe in marriage, it's a "convenience" and a tax break, or more like a monetary contract built off a fading "mutual attraction" that gives you a moral obligation to someone that may be temporary in your life and in the overall development of your identity.. that doesn't mean I'd never date anyone ever again or that I'll live alone forever, it just means I'm definitely not in a hurry to get sick of someone I want to like, let alone love.. I don't need companionship for validation, the partners that do, don't realize how toxic and ableist their belief is, it reminds me of that Rick N Morty episode with Jerry and Beth going to marriage counseling lol, "THEYRE CODEPENDENT!" lol ppl will make excuses to keep their shitty marriages alive to keep their kids in a "healthy household" right? Lol.. even worse is actually being with someone that has become so loathsome, so Intolerable, so annoying I guess, that you can't take being with them anymore and no you NEED to get a divorce BC you made the mistake of shackling yourself to a harpy or a pig... But no it's not inexpensive or without social ramifications, it's not worth the wasted time, the wasted money, the unwanted input of others into how you can make your relationship work or why you shouldn't, it's all unnecessary.. Ill need to know without a shadow of a doubt, I'm with who I'm supposed to be with..

Other than that I don't know, there are always things we aren't ready to do, sometimes it's circumstantial, may be ready one day and not the next, ppl change often, circumstances change often, you sometimes just need the right encouragement to try something you wouldn't normally try, or to experience something you never thought would happen in your life.. it's all about making necessary changes that will 1. Objectively serve your best interests and make your life better(not necessarily easier, think Bruce Lee) 2. What will make you subjectively, a better person, and these are things that are best for your psychological health, things that genuinely keep your sanity... 3. What will make you HAPPY? This is why marrying early and having kids RESTRICTS the decisions you can make with your life, you may change the way you feel in a week from now, let alone 18+ years... People tell themselves they are happy bc "it could be worse" I mean there is nothing wrong with complacency, but a man with no children, no wife, and some extra cash, can restart, he isn't TRAPPED at the SAME JOB, in the SAME TOWN, doing the SAME THINGS, In regards to the SAME PEOPLE... And I'm all about loyalty.. if you can stick it out, do it, but not worth making yourself MISERABLE for anyone... You are responsible for creating life, you are responsible for choosing who you marry, you are responsible for finding lasting employment to sustain all the responsibilities that you have signed on for.. I'll wait for this, until I'm SURE, I won't want to rethink my decisions.

2 hours ago, They call me Loyalty said:

Remember, on his face is a map of the world.

I was not ready to read song lyrics in this thread :P I take it you mean love is what you're not ready for? If so, you win the thread :3

I’m not much afraid of growing old or retirement or such things like that. Since I’m already looking forward to retirement,  not work anymore and grow old and relax. What I’m not ready for is seeing all my love ones passing away one by one especially my parents and siblings.  While I’m worry I would be left alone, I’m not sure what’s worst actually. Being alone or be the first one to die and have to watch my love ones witnessing it and crying over my death bed. I think i rather take the first option.

I don’t want to sound so morbid or dark but it’s something that I hold onto as a reflection to remind myself to try make the best out of life and do good for others than myself. Despite of my life not being the most successful.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, TBD said:

I’m not much afraid of growing old or retirement or such things like that. Since I’m already looking forward to retirement,  not work anymore and grow old and relax. What I’m not ready for is seeing all my love ones passing away one by one especially my parents and siblings.  While I’m worry I would be left alone, I’m not sure what’s worst actually. Being alone or be the first one to die and have to watch my love ones witnessing it and crying over my death bed. I think i rather take the first option.

I don’t want to sound so morbid or dark but it’s something that I hold onto as a reflection to remind myself to try make the best out of life and do good for others than myself. Despite of my life not being the most successful.

Not morbid at all- I understand you completely. Not to go into detail, but I've lost a few friends and family members, and that's something I don't wish on anyone. I actually think what you said here is bittersweet, in the way that the topic at hand is tricky, but your intentions are pure. 

I think it's perfectly reasonable to be afraid of those around you passing more than yourself; After all, we bounce off of those we love the most, so that thought can be harrowing, to say the least. That, and I don't think many people realize that their life isn't just their own, but the people they love's, too. 

hope my reply doesn't seem intrusive,  yours just really resonated with me :')

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-08-04 at 2:45 PM, Cherrychip said:

Not morbid at all- I understand you completely. Not to go into detail, but I've lost a few friends and family members, and that's something I don't wish on anyone. I actually think what you said here is bittersweet, in the way that the topic at hand is tricky, but your intentions are pure. 

I think it's perfectly reasonable to be afraid of those around you passing more than yourself; After all, we bounce off of those we love the most, so that thought can be harrowing, to say the least. That, and I don't think many people realize that their life isn't just their own, but the people they love's, too. 

hope my reply doesn't seem intrusive,  yours just really resonated with me :')

Don’t worry, your reply isn’t anything intrusive you were just sharing your personal input that’s all.  I would to add that I don’t think no one will ever be ready for this kind out outcome no matter how mentally prepare you think you are unfortunately. But as long you don’t have any big regrets at the end it’s not going to be bad as it seems. Don’t get me wrong I have some regrets but to undo these “regrets” I learn to try to do better for the next person. But yes I agree - I feel that once you started to think of others it can really change your POV in a way. While saying that, sometime I would arrogantly forget and take life for granted because I’m always busy dealing with my own life. I would feel guilty for being selfish but I know I shouldn’t be the one holding all the burden too because I have to remember that there some things that are just beyond my control. 

Time passing. It's easy to underestimate how quickly time passes and that's especially true as adults with commitments. I'm not ready to blink and suddenly it's been 10 years and there are still memories that I haven't made.

55 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Growing up and acting my age. I’m 31 and I still consider myself an eight-year-old trapped in an adult body.  I don’t want to grow up and have no immediate plans to do so.

I'm a similar age and I feel nowhere near it either. I feel like I'm always 10 years younger than my actual age. I'm not looking forward to getting old where my body starts falling apart.

• Brohoof 1