Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Discussion: Paranormal and Evil/Good

Strife

This thread is to discuss the Paranormal, concept of Evil/Good (non-religious), and your thoughts / opinions / experiences regarding those subjects.

While discussion and debate is highly encouraged, please refrain from simply dismissing people's opinions/beliefs and instead use this as an opportunity to get to know people.

My opinion:

The paranormal does indeed exist. I believe that in some form, there is a type of ghost or spirit presence that exists.

Evil. I know as a 100% undeniable fact that Evil does exist. Nothing that can easily or definitively be proven. One of those things that when you have an experience with Evil, that it's a feeling you get ... an unexplainable, yet entirely undeniable and without mistake. I'll save you the long story, but had one of those experiences.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't believe in the paranormal.

As for good and evil; common sense is the best option.

Don't kill people, don't steal, etc.

Obviously that is an over simplification of a very complicated issue but for basic things common sense is your best option.

Edited by I_wesley125
  • Brohoof 1

I don't believe in the paranormal.

As for good and evil; common sense is the best option.

Don't kill people, don't steal, etc.

Obviously that is an over simplification of a very complicated issue but for basic things common sense is your best option.

That isn't evil, that's morality.

I'm referring to the concept of Evil (notice the capitol letter). Whether or not Good and Evil exist, entities that consist of those, etc. Example: Angels and Demons (which are not always tied to religious beliefs).

That isn't evil, that's morality.

I'm referring to the concept of Evil (notice the capitol letter). Whether or not Good and Evil exist, entities that consist of those, etc. Example: Angels and Demons (which are not always tied to religious beliefs).

In that case I do not believe in any sort of Good or Evil.

I believe in the paranormal, but mainly because I've had enough paranormal experiences to persuade me into believing them. I've seen spiritual activity that most would laugh at if I told them, but I cannot deny that I saw/felt/heard them. Some even led to property damage, such as a television exploding in front of my eyes associated with ghost activity.

And for the concept of good/evil, I believe philosophically and religiously that there is an opposite of all things; there cannot be light without dark, there cannot be warm without cold, and thus there cannot be good without evil. So I believe that the ideas of Good and Evil exist.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I believe that paranormal things are possible, but aren't probable. There isn't a lot of real evidence supporting the claims, but very strange things have happened that don't seem to have a scientific explanation. More study is needed.

As for Good and Evil, these are simply things invented by humans as an attempt to explain things. Take disease for an example; it used to be thought that disease was punishment from god, and that if you didn't get sick while those around you did, you were Good. Same thing with lightning. Eventually, scientific explanations were discovered that made much more sense.

Also, mental illnesses used to be seen as possession by some Evil entity, but now we know that's not the case.

Also, I don't believe that something can be inherently good or evil. Everything needs context, and even then, notions of good and evil are based completely on the observers concept of morality. It's completely subjective.

And in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really mean much. The planets keep moving. The sun keeps shining. Life goes on.

Put simply, Good and Evil as currently described by humans don't exist.

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not rejecting the paranormal. As for Evil/Good, those are just relative, artificial concepts. That isn't to say they are not important, and everyone is capable of both. As for the entities such as Angels and Demons, they do exist, at least in the confines of my psyche.

Evil and Good are concepts of the human psyche.

While not physically real, they are still conceptually real.

Speaking of psyche; you think humans just give up when they die?

Fight hard enough against the old bitch and something might remain in the local space time.

Certainly nothing sentient, but something sleek as a arrow about itself and it still aching to do something.

Same thing with mass of humans feeling the same thing at once or during a long period of time.

Spirits, demons or whatever you wish to call them; remnants and impressions.

We are quantum waveforms and if we push that thing hard enough, something might push back.

It's a morass of possibility and nothing is stagnant. All it needs is a chance to exist.

Good or evil does not apply to those in the "normal" sense.

They react and act without purpose and only respond to the most base things, hope, sincere prayers, fear, hope, wrath, lust...

And they are not really here, they exist just beyond the veil of reality.

I call them Demons, not because they are innately something, but because we give them a definition.

They act because they are the action and we call them odd or paranormal.

They range from the harmless to extremely destructive, depending on the situation.

Those slivers of things half-real and conceptually a half of a possibility.

They are very real as far as their definition allows.

I believe in the paranormal. I have experienced several things in my life that I couldn't find a "normal" explanation for. No matter how hard I tried to debunk them. It would take quite a while to type out everything that has happened to me though, so i'll save that for another time.

I do think most things have a reasonable explanation though. It bothers me when people automatically assume that every cold breeze or flicker of light is a ghost. One needs to go through every possible explanation before jumping to conclusions.

As for good/evil.... there are different forms of it. The physical manifestation of good and evil can be seen in the human race. We are capable of great things, but also unspeakable atrocities.

The spiritual form of good and evil.... well, I have experienced an evil spirit. It's one of those things that you can just sense in your gut. It's not a good feeling at all. I have never experienced a "good" spirit, but if there is true evil, then there must be good. You can't have one without the other

• Brohoof 1

To me, the paranormal are definitely real and make themselves known to us quite often. I live in a house that is haunted by an older man. He is quite friendly actually and likes to play little pranks on us at times, though for the skeptics I'm sure logical explanations can be found for everything that has happened in our house. But I am convinced that ghosts and spirits do exist and make themselves known to us.

As for good and evil, my view is that both exist in all forms. They are natural counterbalances to each other trying to keep the world in constant balance. When good gets the upper-hand evil makes a comeback and when evil rises Good triumphs so that way neither side can control everything. They balance each other in the physical, mental, and spiritual form and we, as humans, are just the greatest tools at their disposal. To sum up, you could say that my view is like a chess game where Good and Evil are the players and the world is the pieces.

Good and evil were just concepts made by man to impose rules on things, in my opinion.

And paranormal stuff... I don't really buy into any of that stuff. Oh, and the people who go around praising random saints and angels just annoy me.

>pinkie_shrug.png<

Do inexplicable events occur? Certainly. Sometimes it is simply because we don't have the ability to effectively study a given phenomenon yet. Evilshy's point about mental illness is a perfect example of this. Over time, more and more of these paranormal incidents will become explained through more and more advanced methods of research and qualification. Perhaps this will lead to us actually discovering that ghosts and such things do actually exist. Or perhaps the explanation will be even more fascinating. I usually simply say that, in an infinite universe of infinite potential, anything is possible.

As to good and evil, those two concepts are so wrapped up with moral philosophy as to be virtually inseparable. Add to that the fact that they are highly individual in their definition and mostly perspective based, and you have a well-nigh impossible task even defining what "good" and "evil" are. Do I believe in an ultimate force for good and evil? Well, as I stated before, it's an infinite universe. I'm mostly just waiting for definitive proof either way.

While I believe in the paranormal,

there is no such thing as Good or Evil, both are relative ideas. If there was but one action to be performed, it wouldn't be good or evil.

It seems to be a spectrum, though the spectrum shifts for each individual person.

Wow, a lot less skepticism from members about paranormal than what I saw in another thread regarding ghosts :P

I've experienced first-hand paranormal activity myself, and so has my mom and two of my good friends. So, the answer for me is obvious. A for good and evil, sure. But it is not nearly as black and white as some people think it is. There is very, very little black and white.