Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01:E21 - My Bananas

Ashen Pathfinder

Just an observation, but IIRC this is by FAR the fastest an episode thread for a TyT episode has ever gotten to 20+ replies. Usually it takes quite a few days for it to even hit 20! It's apparent that the message present here has resonated quite well with a lot of you and I am pleased that TyT seems to be getting a lot of good attention. :)

• Brohoof 4

Cool episode. It also shows the problems of social media. When I was a kid, nobody carried cameras (especially video) all the time and even if someone did something embarrassing, it was not recorded and shown to other people. Even if someone were to record it by accident, he would only show his friends etc and not broadcast it on TV.

Maybe I did some embarrassing things when I was a kid, but there is no evidence of that anymore.

Then again, the problem in this episode is that Sunny is a public figure, probably fewer ponies would ave cared if it was some random pony instead of her.  Being a public figure sucks IMO and I hope Sunny at least rakes in the money to compensate for it.

• Brohoof 5

Also, it was nice to see an episode where Pipp offers the solution.

11 hours ago, Toastypk said:

Side note: Pipp's best fails video has 11 billion views.

BILLION.

Actually, I think she said 13 billion views. As of this episode's release date, that's more than the most viewed video on Youtube and a certain demographic tends to listen to it ad nauseam... Makes me wonder just how large the pony population is in G5 Equestria and how many of them have internet access.

Edited by Skylight Scintillate
  • Brohoof 3

6 minutes ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

Actually, I think she said 13 billion views. As of this episode's release date, that's more than the most viewed video on Youtube and a certain demographic tends to listen to it ad nauseam... Makes me wonder just how large the pony population is in G5 Equestria and how many of them have internet access.

Ikr, Zephyr Heights looked huge already, but I guess I didn't realize how big Maritime Bay is as well :P 

Edited by Cherrychip
  • Brohoof 3

Not bad, it had some great moments and a nice moral.

posey's laugh sounded a bit evil, I actually chuckled when I heard that :ButtercupLaugh:.

Izzys line about starting a new life and that it worked for her was perfectly delivered, the best moment in the episode. 

It makes sense that Pipp knows how to handle that situation considering she is very popular. I liked her role in the episode. 

• Brohoof 2

15 hours ago, Ashen Pathfinder said:

Just an observation, but IIRC this is by FAR the fastest an episode thread for a TyT episode has ever gotten to 20+ replies. Usually it takes quite a few days for it to even hit 20! It's apparent that the message present here has resonated quite well with a lot of you and I am pleased that TyT seems to be getting a lot of good attention. :)

Did you know that this is also the fastest viewed episode since Tell Your Tale's decline in viewership, likely a result of Hasbro's channel getting screwed by the Youtube algorithm? Last episode still only has 61K views after eight days, this one got 50K in a day. Don't think it's a coincidence. Now that Make Your Mark's official debut is a month away, this is the perfect time for TYT to make a comeback. 

• Brohoof 1

This was one of my favourites so far. :kirin:

It's certainly in my top two along with The Game is Ahoof. Like that one it displayed a mastery of the 5-minute format and showed what these Tell Your Tale episodes can achieve despite the short running time.

Edited by Solar Power
  • Brohoof 3

22 hours ago, Toastypk said:

BILLION.

That means the ponies themselves number in the billions in this world!

...Assuming the writers care enough to pay attention to numbers.  Or that Pipp wasn't exaggerating.

22 hours ago, Toastypk said:

BILLION.

27 minutes ago, HereComesTom said:

...Assuming the writers care enough to pay attention to numbers.  Or that Pipp wasn't exaggerating.

Do view numbers count if you rewatch a video multiple times? That might be how Pipp's video got over one billion views. 

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Do view numbers count if you rewatch a video multiple times? That might be how Pipp's video got over one billion views. 

I believe they do, however, even in our world, the most viewed Youtube video of all time only has ten billion views. And we have a population of about eight billion. Can you imagine modern Equestria's population outnumbering ours when there's only three parts of the world? :ButtercupLaugh:

It's either social media working differently there or a comedic exaggeration, I believe. 

• Brohoof 3

Oh god I just looked up what the most watched video is, my guess was Gangnam Style cause I know that was the first to reach a billion.

Well the winner is that Baby Shark thing, with 11 Billion. At least I've never listened to it!

(and yeah I was wrong Pipp's video has 13 billion. Even so, that's a f---ton!)

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

Do they start re-using names or are there some ponies out there named something like "Imminent Blazing Klaxon" or "Pon-E-1973x9jkl"?

4 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Pipp may have acquired the services of several thousand Sweetie Bots

• Brohoof 1

Personally I would have advised Sunny to lie low for a few days and wait for some other controversy to overshadow hers.  With that being said Pipp's advice to roll with the punches and lean into it was something that I wasn't expecting but seem to worked pretty well.  And It did seem to make for a good moral about owning your mistakes and not letting them define you.  Overall a decent episode that I ended up liking more than I thought I would have.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Star_Quake said:

This episode was awful and I hate everything

Not even worth expounding on it? 

In my experience, when something is terrible, like the Food Fight movie or any of the bad video games that they review on Youtube, a reviewer can spend a good fifteen or twenty minutes breaking down what's awful about it.

• Brohoof 1

Not a bad episode, though I do think having to fit it into the five minute runtime hurts the pacing a little.  This isn't an episode I have any explicit complaint about though.  I'm starting to accept that G5 isn't very deep, but maybe it's not always trying to be.  September can't come soon enough, so I can decide once and for all whether to continue with this series, or just do my best to forget about it.  

• Brohoof 2

On 2022-08-08 at 9:16 PM, HereComesTom said:

Not even worth expounding on it? 

In my experience, when something is terrible, like the Food Fight movie or any of the bad video games that they review on Youtube, a reviewer can spend a good fifteen or twenty minutes breaking down what's awful about it.

The "My Bananas" musical number, is something I wish I never heard. I wish I could travel from the future just to tell myself, "don't do it." What were the people behind the music production even thinking??? The high pitched "My bananas." Followed by a disgustingly low "My bananas." Are you kidding me? And then it goes "na na na na." Like we're in some one direction musical. Why do TV shows always make weird meme jingles, THEY NEVER WORK. And I thought the pony ony ony tune was bad.

• Brohoof 1

Was a pretty funny episode to be honest. It's really silly but it has a good lesson. If something goes wrong, try to find a way to make it right. Embarrassing things happen to everyone, so you gotta own it and make the most of it. I liked seeing Posey and Dahlia again.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2022-08-05 at 3:13 PM, CloudMistDragon said:

Did you know that this is also the fastest viewed episode since Tell Your Tale's decline in viewership, likely a result of Hasbro's channel getting screwed by the Youtube algorithm? Last episode still only has 61K views after eight days, this one got 50K in a day. Don't think it's a coincidence. Now that Make Your Mark's official debut is a month away, this is the perfect time for TYT to make a comeback. 

Funny how exactly a month later, the trend of this episode's fast growth in viewership has lead it to be the most viewed episode since the decline I mentioned then, and also the first episode since the decline to garner one million views. 

916348810_MLPTYTMyBananasLikeDislikeRatio.jpg.13e5b5e65e84151fc98f2e1275520778.jpg

Also counting the fact that it has a high like-to-dislike ratio of 97.4% compared to those views, I believe that it's safe to say that this is one of the most popular and beloved episodes of the entire series. :eager: