Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What were you convinced you were going to be as a adult when you were a child?

Reecejackox

• The title was changed to What were you convinced you were going to be as a adult when you were a child?

I wanted to be a Paleontologist for a few years but most dinosaur fossils are in hot places, and I don't like hot places. :sealed:

From going to work at a Vet Clinic with my Grandma, I decided I wanted to be a professional snuggler. It would be my job to do basic care for animals and keep them happy. I spent 3 summers at a petting zoo, and next month I'll have been a veterinary assistant for 2 years. It's not quite what I imagined but it's as close as it gets for now as far as I can tell.

• Brohoof 1

Artist, or a little later - professional trumpet player or clarinetist.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

I literally believe that I could make some difference or change the world just by a little based on what I could do. Like relating to justice ( working as detective) or impacting people with my artwork. But reality hits, and I’m just your average salesman. :maud: But I guess people can be happy with the product they’re buying from me. 

A famous music producer. I sorta had an opportunity to really begin that journey but turning music into a business made me hate the whole process instantly. Part of me thinks that maybe I'm just not developed enough to use my skills in such a way yet. Maybe one day i might pick up this dream again, but it's not as important to me as it once was and I am enjoying doing music simply as a hobby now whist pursuing more realistic goals in my day to day life.

I had no certainty or ambition of anything in the future, as I correctly assumed that factors would've changed beyond my current situation and that getting an actual career was probably far harder than I actually knew. I had tentative hope I would somehow find a career/job in spite of crippling anxiety, but alas, it has not come to pass.

I wouldn't have been surprised by this result as a child though. I think I've always known deep down. It's all right though. I'm just grateful I can receive the support I need for my existence, so things are generally better than I thought they'd be.