Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Work Detail | Trash Pick Up

NomadSpellbrush

work_detail__trash_pick_up__by_spellboun

Original DA Link: https://www.deviantart.com/spellboundcanvas/art/Work-Detail-Trash-Pick-up-924583361

Originally this was a Newbie Artist Training Grounds piece, but I decided that I wanted to work on it more than was required. This picture actually qualifies as two prompts. Day 11: Draw a pony burning up / Draw a pony beating the heat. And Day 24: Draw a pony facing a mistake from their past / Draw a pony trying to make things right. 

The result was a group of ponies who broke the law pay for their crimes by working in the blazing heat while their guards enjoy a gentle breeze and some cold lemonade. 

Now what I wanted to do with this picture is to make the viewer actually feel the heat thats being depicted in this picture. I did this with usage of god rays, lens flare, and the ponys' manes reacting to the sunlight differently than with the rest of their bodies. 

Disclaimer: The two COs and one inmate OC here were designed from scratch and are not intended to depict anyone or anyone's OC. Any resemblances are purely coincidental. 

Edited by NomadSpellbrush
  • Brohoof 4

I like this image! It actually reminds me of when I was about 15, and was on a detail like this. It was voluntary though! Anyone that signed up got twenty dollars to spend the day cleaning up trash. I had a pointy stick and everything! I'm actually old enough where they tried to pull the "It's guys only work". I threw a fit and they let me join up too! 

• Brohoof 1