Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What has the fandom felt like to you recently?

Rainb0wdashie

Crosspost from reddit

I've been thinking about this lately, but what has the fandom felt like to you lately? Secondly, what have you wanted it to feel like?

I ask this because I've been a brony for a long time. I joined the fandom in 2011, was on facebook brony groups before moving to Pony+ on google+ before coming to the mlp subredditst in 2012.

I remember back then the fandom feeling like it had something to prove, you know? Like, it had that "We're here, we want people to recognize us, we're counter culture, we're awesome" and we had a lot of momentum from that, so much so that it transferred into a lot of brony conventions getting as high as 10,000+ attendees at bronycon before the fandom entered this long-stall kind of feeling.

Granted I think it started on the internet a little earlier than It did in person because the internet side of the fandom seemed to stall out before the conventions started declining in numbers, I might be wrong, does anypony else share this feeling? If so, when did you start feeling it?, but lately I've had this weird thought keep appearing like "Where is the fandom at today? Where is it going?"

And that's what lead me to asking you all in this post, because I'm curious to see what you guys think about this kind of thing, and was wondering if you all could tell me a little about what the fandom "feels" like to you? What it's felt like for you over the years, and where you think it's headed?

Edited by Rainb0wdashie
  • Brohoof 2

Kinda aggravating in a lot of the wrong ways, especially the last couple of years. I'd explain why but I'd be violating a "no politics" rule, though that alone should give you an idea where I'm getting at

It honestly feels pretty stagnant. There is very little anything new that truly interests me. G5 is alright, but it doesn't have me all into it like G4 was. I've been into the show for 11 years, and the fandom for 6 years, and it has gone away significantly to where it's a mere whisper of what it once was. Over time, I feel like a lot of the users have become more negative influences over time. I wish I could be apart of something new, and have the same feeling of nostalgia and being apart of something so grand.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Megas said:

Kinda aggravating in a lot of the wrong ways, especially the last couple of years. I'd explain why but I'd be violating a "no politics" rule, though that alone should give you an idea where I'm getting at

Would you mind DMing me then? I'd still be interested in hearing from your perspective :)

2 hours ago, -HeedGreen- said:

It honestly feels pretty stagnant. There is very little anything new that truly interests me. G5 is alright, but it doesn't have me all into it like G4 was. I've been into the show for 11 years, and the fandom for 6 years, and it has gone away significantly to where it's a mere whisper of what it once was. Over time, I feel like a lot of the users have become more negative influences over time. I wish I could be apart of something new, and have the same feeling of nostalgia and being apart of something so grand.

When do you think this feeling of stagnation started? 

Could you also talk more about what you mean by people becoming negative influences? I'd love to hear from your persepctive as well :)

The fandom is definitely well beyond its golden age, and has been slowly loosing momentum and relevance ever since. With g4 finished, along with the cultural spotlight no longer aimed at the fandom, as well as a lot of, at least, the younger bronies growing out of the show as they transition into adulthood we don't really have the momentum or attention that we once did. Even seeing this forum now vs when I first created my account it feels like a completely different place, both culturally and in relation to the general population size

I also remember when a lot of brony content creators, especially musicians and rappers started to veer away from the culture; as creating mlp content was not a great way to be taken seriously as an artist in the more general artistic sphere and a lot of them were aiming for careers in this area.

Could the fandom make a come back? Maybe. I think it has potential. But it would require a serious cultural shift. That either being something like new content that grabs us all as hard as the original show did (though like all second waves i think there would also need to be be some additional force that would sustain the community after the inital hype), or maybe a new perception of the fandom such as a post-ironic revival or the use of MLP concepts as a symbolic movement representing something else entirely. But I don't think, if the fandom ever comes back, that it will resemble the fandom in its original golden age very much if at all.

• Brohoof 3

32 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

I agree with most people that the fandom has definitely gotten smaller over the years, but there are still creators out there keeping it well and alive.

Oh yeah 100%, the community is long from dead. It is just a microcosm of what it once was.

• Brohoof 3

I joined in early 2013, topics regarding "when I thought the fandom was most relevant/alive" will give you more insight into this, I attended two bronycons, 2016, 2017.. I went to a lot of releases, like the theatrical release of Rainbow Rocks, a movie I've seen at least 50 times.... The hype is gone,(never for me entirely) there was literal hype behind the gen.4 characters, their goals, their interactions, their personalities... There may be some "excitement" for those of us "waiting to see what they do with Gen.5" but the feeling is extremely different, we are doing just that, waiting to be fulfilled, the picture they are painting with the gen.5 ponies is very "broad strokes" like I don't see us getting entire episodes explaining ponies back stories, or things they've done to chase their goals, it seems more like with these gen.5 ponies they want to help you relate "on the surface" with how the pony is portrayed in these on screen situations always featuring the other mane 4... A lot of ppl left the fandom many years ago, sadly when I thought it started getting great, aside from "the Crystaling"(*chokes*) I <3 seasons 5-7 and I <3 Starlight even more... But yeah after the show "officially ended" and the out cry of season 9 disappointment ended, a half a year around the corner came Covid, last 3 years have been a blink, but I can attest to STILL being subscribed to active pony YouTubers that talk "mainly" G.4 content, stuff that I love, it's safe for all the Glimmer fans to speak out in public nowadays lol...

This fandom used to be really happening with the show being active, you knew, NEW songs meant new remixes, that new episodes meant new synopsis, new fan art, and so forth, I mean that stuff you can never "truly stop" it's just slowed greatly with the lack of demand/internet traffic be searching such content... I would go to another con, they don't happen close to me but my profound interest/love for the My Little Pony franchise along with my personal alignment to it's philosophy will forever keep me close to bronies, if that is the blanket label for a man that obsesses over MLP than it very accurately assesses me as an individual...

But basically you can't "force things to trend" you can just give something the positive attention and feedback it earns through it's new relevant content that makes it stick out, catchy songs, character shipping, things that happen within the shows continuity that hold up great and that demand actual emotional reactions from building up suspense and intrigue.. we want to ask questions, if you know anything about bronies it's that "plot holes aren't necessarily plot holes, sometimes they are just an unexplained circumstance with a far different extremely headcanon explanation lol" 

Unfortunately building this fandom back up solely from the respect and admiration we have for and from a previous era is not what will bring life back into this fandom, or even our MOST PREFERRED CONTENT, it will be from an the impression/introduction of generation 5, with some unfamiliar to generation 4 completely, ppl getting to live something that we love to relive, but for the very first time! It will revive discussion, it will give attention to music, art, and MLP Canon we've all known about for years, but in a fresh light to ppl unfamiliar with it.(now that's the huge unlikely HOPE) even if gen.5 becomes prominent/popular enough to simply bring attention to the franchise, maybe the fans can save MLP, seeing how seriously the previous writers for Hasbro used to take the voice of this fandom... I will Never get over what gen.4 brought to my life, but I'm hoping that gen.5 can bring something back as well, something I've been missing for awhile now, and that is the sense of community and genuine feeling of friendship over coming together over a common interest.. something bronies have been able to do well for the most part

On 2022-08-11 at 2:40 AM, Rainb0wdashie said:

what has the fandom felt like to you lately?

fandom has been trolling along fairly well. It was fun to get into the hype around r/place :P 

I did enjoy a few cons back in the day, and had fun in the meet-ups, but the fandom has mainly been online. There was a little more content that I really liked back then (like Woonastuck), but I have found more fimfic inspiration than before and have branched out into new forms of RP which are as good or better than when I started pony rping. 

I have also been getting into a lot more of the different types of pony - like G3, G1 (little G2), Ponylife, EQG etc.

Overall, fandom has changed, but is still fun.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been part of the fandom for a while,  and yes it has gone into a "slow" burn as you might put it.   Oddly it reminds me on how the "anime" fandom use to be before anime went all main stream and etc.  You had those little hidden corners of anime fans who hid from the main stream "groups" and seemed to like being the "odd" fellows.   Yes given the ending of G4 has made many leave the fandom sadly and even with G5,  it does not have the hype it use too.   I still stay due to the wonderful souls I have meet and enjoy a lot of fandom contest put out.

Personally G5 is growing on me with the little youtube shorts,  and with the main show coming out later on,  I hope we get some new souls in! 

• Brohoof 1

"Exclusive bronies" & "Horse fame bronies" ruin bronydom, my ten year broniversary is this February, and I honestly feel like some of the trolls I met in 2013-2017 were/are better people than half of the fandom faithfuls... At least they were inclusive of everyone in their content and banter, and I guess since I have a tendency to be a little bit of a articulate communicator I could usually wear them out and get the admissions out of them we knew all along...

Bronies a lot of time want you to see them being happy, like for some reason they need to show you that you aren't a part of their friend group... You can have the same input/sentiment as someone else that's popular BEFORE the popular brony even mentions, I mean essentially copying you and they will pretend you never said it, like you didn't even exist... I mean wallflower blush didn't try to get involved, plenty ppl try to get involved and these bronies just aren't included... 

It happened at bronycon to... Had some great interactions, but also experienced "exclusive bronydom" "We are here as friends to tell everyone we like this together and don't need to be your friend, we already have each other." Oh...

Bronies a lot of the time think being Hipster is something to fawn over, like you can't like the thing they like because they don't like you or want you to like it... Um? They also turn being brony into some type of competition, like seeing an angle that they don't immediately makes them defensive and they have to try to mute or deflate your insight by accusing you of not being genuine, it's fucking ridiculous, these bronies are am embarrassment

I found out about MLP Friendship is Magic BEFORE "bronies", I didnt do anything I did to "fit in" that's a joke, a lot of these bronies don't even genuinely have intrigue for this show, they stay in the fandom bc it is a community they have become popular, they are very specific about their content and have no interest in where the direction of the show really goes or what they do with the franchise, they just know that if they watch the show they will have something to talk about with other people like them, and people that genuinely do enjoy it... "Kind of" like me with football, but I do enjoy football just not a fanatic...

Yeah bronies are some of the most disingenuous, two faced, hypocrites on the face of the planet that feign for acceptance but do not come from a place of authenticity...

Most of you won't read this, it's "kingcorvus" "skip over that wall", yeah the wall of genuine insight and actual intrigue into something you claim to like... It's like you just don't like my attitude, or my perspectives, or my politics so you think you get to invalidate me as a brony? You are a joke, you Are what is ruining this fandom imho..

But I will give anypony a chance genuinely, so acting defensive or argumentative to this post that is 100% on point will only make it 200% on point... I'm here to discuss ponies with pony people, hell I'm here to discuss anything with pony people, I don't want to unite under the corny guise of, "we all love this one thing, we should all be together and be friends..." Nah you can acknowledge people you don't like, but as you can see Pinkie has "best friends" but claims to be everyone's friend... That's totally fine, we may not be twins, or soul friends or whatever, but if you acknowledge me for real you might actually meet me for who I am... And I you for who you are, not just OUR "paranoid assumption's" ...

Edited by KingCorvus
  • Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, KingCorvus said:

I found out about MLP Friendship is Magic BEFORE "bronies", I didnt do anything I did to "fit in" that's a joke,

wait... did you just complain about hipster-bronies and then write this sentence unironically? D:

anyway, kinda sad you met exclusive bronies where you can't even have mutual enjoyment of the show as a bridge. That does sound like it sucks. I have experienced something similar - when I went to BUCK (alone), I wanted to talk to people about ponies really, but of course everyone else seemed to be in groups. If I'd been online that'd have been easier, and I kinda wondered why I bothered turning up. Later that night, when I was finally able to get my hooves on some booze, it was easier and I relaxed a little, but I never really found anyone to talk to. There were people being nice of course, but I didn't want to be niced at, I wanted to talk about ponies, and it was frustrating that I couldn't. Don't know how much that relates to your general experience there, but maybe it does a lil? 

Anyhoof, that was one grey experience for me with bronies. In general I have found many people in the pony cult who I can talk ponies with and who also seem to be very decent types - I met two the other day in fact up in Glasgow where they had just got married :3 Maybe you'll find bronies who tick your boxes, or maybe it'll just be the football crowd (although doubt they're gonna be talking much pony). Either way, I hope you do find what you're looking for and sorry that the pony fan encounters you've had have not worked out.

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes it feels like the fandom doesn't exist anymore, just to have another Bronies React prove otherwise. Or maybe the people behind Bronies React are just a local group pretending to be the core Bronies in the world?

Made me think of where people would go if they wanted to become a Brony? To their secret hideout somewhere? Or to find a place like MLP Forums? Who knows?

• Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, abrony-mouse said:

wait... did you just complain about hipster-bronies and then write this sentence unironically? D:

anyway, kinda sad you met exclusive bronies where you can't even have mutual enjoyment of the show as a bridge. That does sound like it sucks. I have experienced something similar - when I went to BUCK (alone), I wanted to talk to people about ponies really, but of course everyone else seemed to be in groups. If I'd been online that'd have been easier, and I kinda wondered why I bothered turning up. Later that night, when I was finally able to get my hooves on some booze, it was easier and I relaxed a little, but I never really found anyone to talk to. There were people being nice of course, but I didn't want to be niced at, I wanted to talk about ponies, and it was frustrating that I couldn't. Don't know how much that relates to your general experience there, but maybe it does a lil? 

Anyhoof, that was one grey experience for me with bronies. In general I have found many people in the pony cult who I can talk ponies with and who also seem to be very decent types - I met two the other day in fact up in Glasgow where they had just got married :3 Maybe you'll find bronies who tick your boxes, or maybe it'll just be the football crowd (although doubt they're gonna be talking much pony). Either way, I hope you do find what you're looking for and sorry that the pony fan encounters you've had have not worked out.

I don't gloat though or think the fact that I found it before I found the fandom is cool or makes me a more authentic brony, it's just these "competitive bronies" I'm referring to, that really ARE hipsters, challenge the fan hood of many bronies (myself included) which is INSANE bc I am one of the most outspoken bronies I know... And with this challenge comes the accusations that we are "using MLP for friendship" when that is FAR from the case, it's just such a GENUINE FIT, that yeah someone looking for friendship would like a show like MLP, but I found there is a big similarity to trolls that used to be in the fandom and a lot of bronies that are still in it, their similarity is the cynical battery of things MLP related and an inability to genuinely respect/indulge someone else's perspective especially if it contradicts their own or makes them look less intelligent.. we all have tastes, but I couldn't imagine harassing/condescending/verbally abusing/trying to belittle someone for a difference if opinion or general taste..

No, I don't think I'm entitled to MLP, that only "me and my fringe internet pseudo troll buddies are the only ones that can like something bc we found it in the trenches of the internet," no... I am just stating that I joined this fandom bc I love MLP want to talk about MLP, want to know other ppls opinions about MLP... I did not join for social validation CLEARLY, bc I don't get any...irregardless, I found the show not bronies, I was excited when I found bronies... I didn't have a "hipster response" bronies have ruined the fandom for me, not Hasbro or their direction... But one thing bronies can't ruin for me is MLP itself, they can pretend to be invested in something and exaggerate to keep in the social buzz, I just genuinely state how I feel in detail and it's severely frowned upon... I've met great bronies, but they have a personal life to, they can't cater to me or my feelings and you can't "force a friendship" but if you never make the acquaintance how do you know you are incompatible as friends? Bronies make fast judgements, "you like what I like!" Or "shit taste, the writers ruined the show after season 4"... There is no friendly, respectful, insightful middle ground of understanding someone else's headcanon or perspective, just usually unnecessary cynicism, or over the top "yay we agree about something bc that's friendship"... Idk I'm an oddity in this fandom

15 minutes ago, KingCorvus said:

There is no friendly, respectful, insightful middle ground of understanding someone else's headcanon or perspective, just usually unnecessary cynicism, or over the top "yay we agree about something bc that's friendship"... Idk I'm an oddity in this fandom

that is generally a tough thing to get tbh, whatever the crowd is. It is a good thing to aim to be though :3 I agree it'd be great if more people could talk ponies as a bridge, since I <3 talking ponies, but some of the people who are less into the pony media and more into communities can still be fun (eg season 3 FiM left a lot of people cold who decided they're not so into ponies, but who wanted to maintain connections with the fandom, and seasons 6-9 did the same, then EqG, Ponylife and G5). Either way, I hope you do find someone you fancy talking with about this stuff :3 what fandomy things do you do? eg writing/RP etc - that can be a great in to start talking with ponies, and some of those people are literally sharp as tacks and know pony like the back of their hooves many of them D:

18 minutes ago, KingCorvus said:

I don't gloat though or think the fact that I found it before I found the fandom is cool or makes me a more authentic brony, it's just these "competitive bronies" I'm referring to, that really ARE hipsters, challenge the fan hood of many bronies (myself included) which is INSANE bc I am one of the most outspoken bronies I know... And with this challenge comes the accusations that we are "using MLP for friendship" when that is FAR from the case, it's just such a GENUINE FIT, that yeah someone looking for friendship would like a show like MLP, but I found there is a big similarity to trolls that used to be in the fandom and a lot of bronies that are still in it, their similarity is the cynical battery of things MLP related and an inability to genuinely respect/indulge someone else's perspective especially if it contradicts their own or makes them look less intelligent.. we all have tastes, but I couldn't imagine harassing/condescending/verbally abusing/trying to belittle someone for a difference if opinion or general taste..

No, I don't think I'm entitled to MLP, that only "me and my fringe internet pseudo troll buddies are the only ones that can like something bc we found it in the trenches of the internet," no... I am just stating that I joined this fandom bc I love MLP want to talk about MLP, want to know other ppls opinions about MLP... I did not join for social validation CLEARLY, bc I don't get any...irregardless, I found the show not bronies, I was excited when I found bronies... I didn't have a "hipster response" bronies have ruined the fandom for me, not Hasbro or their direction... But one thing bronies can't ruin for me is MLP itself, they can pretend to be invested in something and exaggerate to keep in the social buzz, I just genuinely state how I feel in detail and it's severely frowned upon... I've met great bronies, but they have a personal life to, they can't cater to me or my feelings and you can't "force a friendship" but if you never make the acquaintance how do you know you are incompatible as friends? Bronies make fast judgements, "you like what I like!" Or "shit taste, the writers ruined the show after season 4"... There is no friendly, respectful, insightful middle ground of understanding someone else's headcanon or perspective, just usually unnecessary cynicism, or over the top "yay we agree about something bc that's friendship"... Idk I'm an oddity in this fandom

Just remember, you are a great brony.

Bronies as a whole neither ruined the fandom or made it better, that comes down to different bronies doing different things. Well, in my opinion at least. I'm not attempting to broadcast my thoughts as objective fact.

I'm not one of the ones to gatekeep my fandom either, and I can't say I've actually met one of the ones that does. I do say what I mean to say, though I guess I don't say all that much. I haven't been as active as I once was, and only recent did I even remember the existence of these forums and return. I'm glad I did, and I'm glad that it's active. The fandom is, perhaps, not to the scale it once was but there are still those that make content, write stories, and there's the new gen and the discussions which come up. I've gone and consumed all kinds of content, including the run of the IDW comics, Season 10, and so much fanfiction that I tried my hoof at writing some of my own, and met with modest success. Thing about this fandom is, it has not yet left me afraid to branch out or try new things. I have met with some toxicity, sure, but then all I really had to do with distance myself from it.

And for what it's worth, I would absolutely love to hear your thoughts on MLP, and your headcanon or anything else you want to bring up. I have plenty of my own thoughts about things, but they are neither the center of my universe or the only POV I will accept. So, I just want you to know, there is hope for you to find what you are looking for. Though, yes, I do have a personal life, but that only means I can't spend every waking moment in conversation with you, still we can write back and forth in the manner of pen pals at least.

59 minutes ago, abrony-mouse said:

Well, I've never really gotten into G1, but you have generated an interest in it for me with your upcoming fic. And the things that you share help that along as well, so seeing the screen caps (like Ducky) just endears it to me that much more. I'm still very much a G4 lover, with room in my heart for G5. I just hadn't considered anything before G4 before this.

I've never been to any con, never had the time or money to do it, and frankly no one to go with either which is something I would find more than discouraging enough to avoid going. So, Kudos to you on going anyway and taking on the experience at least, that's a mighty bold move.

1 minute ago, flutterJackdash said:

Well, I've never really gotten into G1, but you have generated an interest in it for me with your upcoming fic. And the things that you share help that along as well, so seeing the screen caps (like Ducky) just endears it to me that much more. I'm still very much a G4 lover, with room in my heart for G5. I just hadn't considered anything before G4 before this.

aw, thanks! glad it's piqued your interest - the reason I got into G1 was because Peace Petal piqued my interest which led me to checking out IDW's FiM/G1 crossover comic (which isn't too bad) and then the reason I had loads of fun expanding that story (which I thought I would never write up as I had left it for a few months) is in part because you gave it the time of day! (I honestly thought nobody would read that :--P )

I've never been to any con, never had the time or money to do it, and frankly no one to go with either which is something I would find more than discouraging enough to avoid going. So, Kudos to you on going anyway and taking on the experience at least, that's a mighty bold move.

thanks :3 I'm glad I went ultimately, I'd just do things differently now I hope. anyway, fortunately there's still great times to be had with bronies, like your good pony self, online without the hassle and risks of conventions

39 minutes ago, KingCorvus said:

I don't gloat though or think the fact that I found it before I found the fandom is cool or makes me a more authentic brony,

sorry, I can be a bit of a tease. You seem like a decent sort tbh in your aims and I can only repeat that it's a shame that you've had poor encounters so far. I'd second flutterjack's offer if you fancy talking pony.  

4 minutes ago, flutterJackdash said:

Just remember, you are a great brony.

Bronies as a whole neither ruined the fandom or made it better, that comes down to different bronies doing different things. Well, in my opinion at least. I'm not attempting to broadcast my thoughts as objective fact.

I'm not one of the ones to gatekeep my fandom either, and I can't say I've actually met one of the ones that does. I do say what I mean to say, though I guess I don't say all that much. I haven't been as active as I once was, and only recent did I even remember the existence of these forums and return. I'm glad I did, and I'm glad that it's active. The fandom is, perhaps, not to the scale it once was but there are still those that make content, write stories, and there's the new gen and the discussions which come up. I've gone and consumed all kinds of content, including the run of the IDW comics, Season 10, and so much fanfiction that I tried my hoof at writing some of my own, and met with modest success. Thing about this fandom is, it has not yet left me afraid to branch out or try new things. I have met with some toxicity, sure, but then all I really had to do with distance myself from it.

And for what it's worth, I would absolutely love to hear your thoughts on MLP, and your headcanon or anything else you want to bring up. I have plenty of my own thoughts about things, but they are neither the center of my universe or the only POV I will accept. So, I just want you to know, there is hope for you to find what you are looking for. Though, yes, I do have a personal life, but that only means I can't spend every waking moment in conversation with you, still we can write back and forth in the manner of pen pals at least.

7 minutes ago, abrony-mouse said:

that is generally a tough thing to get tbh, whatever the crowd is. It is a good thing to aim to be though :3 I agree it'd be great if more people could talk ponies as a bridge, since I <3 talking ponies, but some of the people who are less into the pony media and more into communities can still be fun (eg season 3 FiM left a lot of people cold who decided they're not so into ponies, but who wanted to maintain connections with the fandom, and seasons 6-9 did the same, then EqG, Ponylife and G5). Either way, I hope you do find someone you fancy talking with about this stuff :3 what fandomy things do you do? eg writing/RP etc - that can be a great in to start talking with ponies, and some of those people are literally sharp as tacks and know pony like the back of their hooves many of them D:

I ACTUALLY went to two bronycons, took extended time off the place I was working at the time, had to have spent at least a rack  (probably more) between both ventures, I danced like a freaking maniac at both lol... I am really into electric brony music, Its the only kind of electric music I can listen to basically xD but when you mix it with ponies than you bring on my hype lol... The concerts ran over by like 2 hrs both times, I put a lot of spirit in it, I'm  way different than people probably perceive me on here... The thoughts are all me, all genuine, but when you cant comparatively assess them with someones behavior you will likely misread them as we can't see each others faces or hear each other's voices... I can be a riot, sometimes when I rant I get absolutely silly... And the reason I quoted BOTH of you not just because it was easier, but because flutter said he had written a fic that was met with success, and abrony asked the things brony related I like to do...

I Embarrassingly enough will come out and say I am an amateur/inexperienced story teller/writer that doesn't have the discipline to take his epic ideas and actually put them in motion, it's not just a fear of the criticism I will be met with but a genuine disconnect as to whether or not it will even be worth doing since such things cause me more frustration than joy, but I have SOOOO many MLP ideas we can get into that on a seperate day xD ultimately my favorite brony activity is just exploring every angle of the show I can, making not just objective headcanon, but psychologically related ones to, like I LOOOVE animation, ponies are just close to the tippy top, it's just a past time of my to make psychological/sociological analysis of characters through out media that fit certain arch types or certain stereotypes... I am kind of schizo if I'm being completely honest but it's suspected I have a few mental disorders that's just what I take medicine for... Medicine that obviously isn't helping me stay emotionally secure online xD but yeah I can watch/talk anything pony related... I'm a starry eyed dreamer who doesn't know what he's doing half the time, but I think it adds to my character... I honestly have so much to say or talk about in all of my posts, people think that these walls are intimidating when often times they are literally the shortened version...

So interact with me Everypony : ) LITERALLY at your own risk xD

The fandom to me isn't something I feel actively part of. I only do what I wish. Roleplay. Talk. Occasional status update. I don't identify with anything larger than that. The 'fandom' as a whole definitely is something that has slowed down in size for various reasons. The term brony to me is a bunch of bad baggage, and it's something that has a negative meaning.