Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the most painful non life threatening injury/illness you have ever had?

Reecejackox

I got ran over by a car when I was like 3 or 4, suppose "it could have been life threatening", but I just didn't walk for like two weeks, later in life I had a bowel obstruction, I had to have a lacroscopic exploratory, again they said it "could have been a life threatening thing", there's been a few emergency room cases I can think of, only that one surgery though, I've only broke my nose  and some toes, never lost a whole limb

Edited by KingCorvus

Nothing too bad. I damaged the articulation on my right knee because of my reckless abandon during a fight. Sometimes I have the feeling I've been subconsciously trying to self-destruct my whole life. I think it may have something to do with the intense emotional trauma running in this family. A lot of self-destructive behaviours going around.

I once had an inflamed sternum.

It was one of the most physically painful things I have ever experienced hands down. I could barely breathe.

We were whitewater rafting and I forgot to put sunscreen on my legs (which are very pale). During the rafting, I fell out and cut my right leg on a rock underwater, it was right across where the lower leg bone (Tibia or Fibula I don't know which) comes close to the skin so you could see the bone, but it was fairly shallow so not a lot of blood. When the rafting was done, I had an extremely bad sunburn (like purplish red) surrounding the area where the cut was. It hurt so bad, I couldn't walk.

I had a blood clot back in late 2019 that, at the time, was the most painful thing I had ever experienced and it was downright scary. For a while we were all scared that it could possibly break off and find it's way into my heart. Thankfully, it didn't lead to that and the clot itself calcified and is pretty much in permanent residence in my right leg. If you look carefully you would be able to see that my right leg is somewhat bigger than my left due to the trauma it caused.

Now, I've also had kidney stones and they were FAR more painful than the clot, BUT at least they weren't life threatening.

Untreated arthritis combined with plantar fasciitis.

I remember when I worked retail (where I was on my feet all of the time) and I'd get to go on a break and sit down, the pain when I'd have to get back up was... well, I can't describe it as the sharpest pain I've ever felt, but perhaps just a weird kinda numbing/paralyzing sort of pain that made getting up such a struggle and something I dreaded so much. That combined with the pain while I was on my feet, which got worse and worse the longer I was on my feet. The sharpest of the pains would flare up in my the ball of my right foot randomly and make it very hard for me to walk.

Hm... There's also other kinds of pain I could mention that are up there, but are very much TMI!

when i was a toddler my tonsils were inflamed or something like that? i had to go to the emergency room and get a tonsillectomy donei don’t remember much from it except that they gave me stickers to mess with afterwards :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Injury? I scraped both of my knees falling off my bike when I was 5, I never wanted to see another bike again! >:( 

illness? Nothing so far! 

I have also had terrible nosebleed sometimes in my life, like one night I'll be sleeping and then I'll sniffle and wake up and there would be blood on my pillow, it's scary and yanking my earrings on my clothes or pillow! 0-o 

I had a herniated disc in my lower spine and it was pressing against my sciatic nerve, and that was mind-destroyingly painful. It ’s been surgically sorted out though.

Also, my first kidney stone; oh my gosh that was insane! I was in such agony there was nothing I could do to find relief, and I wouldn’t even let anyone touch me. It made my whole world hurt! I’ve had plenty of stones since then but they got easier after that.

Speaking of stones, I had a gallbladder full of ‘em last year and the whole goopy mess had to come out. There were some pretty painful attacks before the surgery.