Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Which famous people have you met?

Reecejackox

In my job I deal with private jets so I've met quite a few. 

Magic Johnson

Elton John

Bill Cosby (2 months before he went downhill) 

Cindy Crawford

Eli Manning

Diplo

Dale Earnhardt Jr. 

Dierks Bentley 

Steve Harvey 

Hank Williams Jr. 

And I also personally know Swae Lee since I went to school with him.  

Edited by AppleButt
  • Brohoof 3

I can confirm an least one mile proximity to about 6 who are instantly recognizable, but in terms of actually meeting face to face with someone who would be known on the national stage, I only have Congresswoman, Suzan DelBene. She is probably best known for her service on the Ways and Means Committee.

• Brohoof 2

The only truly famous person I can say I actually met is Elena Kagan of the United States Supreme Court. I’ve also met the former chief justice of the Illinois Supreme Court, but I can’t remember his name at the moment :P

I’ve also met a number of folks famous on the ragtime circuit, but you wouldn’t know who they were. 

I've met Peter Skrzynecki, an Australian poet, when he came to our school for a presentation and we got to ask him questions about his poems. 

I've also met Rie Kugimiya at SMASH (Sydney Manga and Anime Show). She was extremely pleasant and friendly and I also got to ask her some questions about her work! 

The biggest one is Tommy Wiseau, but beyond that, Sam J Jones(Flash Gordon). Some VAs and TV Actors

- Kel Mitchell(Kenan and Kel)

- Jason David Frank and David Yost(MMPR Green and Blue Rangers)

- David Hayter(Snake from MGS)

- Josh Keaton(Young Ocelot, Spiderman)

- Kyle Hebert(Adult Gohan, Kamina, Ryu)

Eric Stuart(Seto Kaiba, Brock from Pokémon)

• Brohoof 2

Sylvester McCoy (Doctor Who) Sheffield Flim & Comic Con 2019

Peter Davison (Doctor Who) Leeds Comic Con 2021

Jimmy Vee (Star Wars R2 D2) Leeds Comic Con

Not met but saw Tara Strong at 2019 London Comic Con on signing things & speaking on an stage and even hug guy when he start crying when giving question.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Well I met Nick and Sodapoppin at Dream Hack. I did get a autograf, however, I accidently threw it away, tho, what I value more is the kindness and getting to talk to him person to person even for just a moment.

When I were at Eurofurence 24 in 2018, I had short talks with Furries I kinda admired at the time. The favorite youtuber to meet would have to be Corey Cayote and Rico they truely treated me like a friend.

• 1 month later...

When does someone qualify as famous?

The only one I'm pretty sure about is probably M.A. Larson at a con. The others are either well-known in my country, but nowhere else (my stepdad was a news anchor on a large network, so I obviously know him and met many others from that network) or are well-known only within my sport (basically, Olympians who were at the same fencing tournaments as me, who I happened to have in my pool or bracket).

• 1 month later...