Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your least favourite time of the year?

Reecejackox

Hate the heat, unless it's accompanied by some dense humidity, I guess it really depends, but honestly the changing seasons is one of the best free life experiences you get to have, not all ppl get to live the Click Clock Wood life lol, Northeast stand up

• Brohoof 1

I'd much rather be cold than hot so I'm not a fan of summer. Doesnt help that summer is also when the kids are out of school and screaming in the streets and yards until midnight

Summer and Spring are the worst in my opinion. Summer is too hot and Spring is too. I know many people say that Spring weather is lovely but to me? Too warm.

• Brohoof 2

Spring is the absolute worst time of the year, for many reasons. Spring is too hot where I live. It's hitting the 80s before Spring even technically starts, which is already too hot for me! Then there's the fact that Spring means that we have months and months of heat, insects, and overall misery to go through before we return to fall and winter. It depresses me so much. Lastly, Spring where I live means severe thunderstorms and the threat of tornadoes. I get so much anxiety, I can't deal with that.

Summer is more consistently hot, but like, when you get to this point of the summer, fall is around the corner and I began feeling the happiness return.

5 hours ago, KingCorvus said:

Hate the heat, unless it's accompanied by some dense humidity, I guess it really depends, but honestly the changing seasons is one of the best free life experiences you get to have, not all ppl get to live the Click Clock Wood life lol, Northeast stand up

image.gif.66b0253a2934426326aa9dc32190d4c9.gif

as Florida is concerned, summer tends to be a real ass :scoots:. More often than not, summers are accompanied with high humidity, and rains a lot. It’s rather surprising how actually pleasant a summer time without humidity is, but it’s easier to see two shiny Pokémon in a row :scoots:

I guess I'm the exception in this thread. I love the summer. I love it when it's really hot unless it's 100+ (that is too hot). I despise the cold, but I don't hate winter entirely as long as I'm inside (mostly because of the holidays). Overall, my least favorite time of the year is January-February (post-holiday but still super cold).

Edited by Starset Twinkle
  • Brohoof 1

Least favorite time of the year is probably my birthday (only because my parents INSIST they take pictures of me when they know I hate pics of me :mlp_please:) and maybe the few days before a new year of school starts. :scoots:
As for my least favorite season, which is what everypony seems to be replying with, hooves down is Summer :yeahno: I hate the heat and sweating and ugh. :eww: I much prefer the Fall and when it's rainy :proud:

• Brohoof 2

Winter / autumn
I like the scenery but depression kicks in ten times as hard + the day i hate most is in there.
{Due to a lot of negative events irl}

• Brohoof 2

I moved to Wisconsin a few months ago after living in California my whole life and it was probably the first time in decades where I actually didn’t mind summer 

1 hour ago, Megas said:

I moved to Wisconsin a few months ago after living in California my whole life and it was probably the first time in decades where I actually didn’t mind summer 

Recently I spent some time in Colorado and the mountains near Denver/Boulder for a week or so. That week or so made me think "Huh, maybe if I lived here, I wouldn't hate Spring and Summer so much". It's an interesting thought. I have long thought that *maybe* if I moved somewhere with a climate more attuned to me, than maybe that hate of Spring and Summer that makes me feel like the opposite of everyone else might subside (at least quite a bit, it may be that I'm naturally depressed by Spring and Summer, IDK).

It's very much a "grass is greener on the other side" kinda thing, but when I went to CO, I experienced it actually happening. The evenings in the mountains were so nice and cool in the mid to lower 60s, with the nights into the 50s. It was mind-blowing to me, to actually feel nice weather at the peak of summer. It made me feel like if I lived there, I would become a more active outdoorsy person. (also, I feel like there were sooo many less insects up in Colorado, which also contributed to me wanting to spend more time outdoors.)

I wonder if Wisconsin is like that? I'm looking to move, but not to WI. If I moved in that area it would be MN. (my heart is still set toward New England, but we'll see...).

• Brohoof 2

Well, I would say summer. Hot and usually humid at day with thunderstorms at evening (well, this summer is more a terrible drought summer ... the total opposide to last summer with the deadly flood in my region) and often also warm and humid in the night (sleeping is not really relaxing). And often these insect problems (wasps at day and mosquitos at night). And especially in the early time I also have problems with my allergies. Summer also have it good and nice sides, but from all seasons also the most annoying sides for me.

• Brohoof 1

SUMMER IS ABSOLUTELY MY LEAST FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR! :Cozy:

I love autumn and winter because you can be cozy and it feels like the world is relaxing. :BrightMacContent:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

On 2022-08-16 at 12:21 AM, Starset Twinkle said:

I guess I'm the exception in this thread. I love the summer. I love it when it's really hot unless it's 100+ (that is too hot). I despise the cold, but I don't hate winter entirely as long as I'm inside (mostly because of the holidays). Overall, my least favorite time of the year is January-February (post-holiday but still super cold).

January, the winter makes sleeping under covers impossible and its full bone-chilling presence known with its blizzards, freezing rain, icy roads, sleet and heavy snow:unamused::Cozy:  

On 2022-08-17 at 4:33 AM, dapper_donkey said:

summer. it’s so lonely :sunny:

Aww, but summer is so beautiful. :coco:

I feel the most lonely around late October, when it gets really dark early.

• Brohoof 2