Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Which fictional characters can you not stand in your favourite shows/movies?

Reecejackox

On 2022-08-17 at 9:08 PM, Balt said:

MLP G4- Trixie, Zephyr Breeze, Mudbrair
MLP G4 movie- Grubber
MLP G5 Movie- Sprout

MLP TYT- Hitch
MLP MYM- Queen Haven, Posey

The Silver Brumby- the Emus, Arrow (especially when his voice was changed)

Update: MYM Queen Haven is alot more bearable now

TRIXIE. i’ve never liked her. the only likable thing she has to offer is her design, in my opinion! her voice alone makes me want to tear my ears off

Edited by Kn0xDaF0x

Yugioh - Tea. I feel like I don’t need to elaborate on this one with the cringey friendship speeches. 

Out of Yugioh GX I’d have to say Mindy and Jasmine. Couldn’t have made more stereotypical girls if they wanted to. Also their decks are absolute jokes in the videogames. How they even became obelisk blue students is beyond me. Thank god for Alexis. 

Yugioh 5Ds - Aki - Really hated her character development in the show. I had really high hopes for her.

Yugioh Zexal - Tori Meadows with her 0 win streak. I expected more wins from a main support character. No wait, I expect A WIN. Just one. She’s not even a duelist, she’s just a cheerleader.

I can't stand Kon in Bleach. From my understanding, he was just a character used in the first few chapters of the Manga, but they copy pasted his annoying personality into countless fillers for the Anime that got really boring and annoying to watch.

Pokemon~ Gary Oak and Ash Ketchum 

MLP~ Sometimes Applejack (Gotten over that since, I used to think that Applejack was a bad character because she was mean to Fluttershy in Bats!) 

Sonic~ Amy, I hate her!!! 

Five night's at Freddy's~ Really nobody, except that one kid from the books who terrorizes the whole hospital he haunts, but that's part of his appeal to me, and also the fact that he's an a** sometimes! Also Kelsey from the books, that dude thinks he's perfect :okiedokieloki:

• 2 weeks later...

In the cartoon Stoked, my favorite character is Lauren Ridgemount, also known as Lo. She's a goofy, cute ball of fun and has so, SO many lol-tacular scenes.

It is a right pity, then, that her father is one of the nastiest, most awful pieces of work in any show ever. Throughout the series it's shown he's raised his daughter in the WORST way possible, not giving any thought to her future, and the MOMENT she screws up, he throws her out into the hotel to work for a living with no prior preparation. He talks so damn badly to her, she visibly flinches when he screams her name in his introduction episode, and she's able to notice his body language for when he's SERIOUSLY upset - all clear signs of genuine abuse of some form. He's a monster of the highest caliber and I DESPISE him. :angry:

It’s probably gonna be obscure. I’m a big Bones fan, ran on Fox for 12 years…and there’s a recurring character in seasons 11-12 named Karen that I can’t stand anytime I see her. Ugh.

My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic

Trixie - absolutely unbearable, obnoxious with very annoying personality. Apparently she gets "reformed" in future episodes (I can't imagine reforming such shameless narcissism), but as of now I just can't stand her. 

Mass Effect

Kai Leng - annoying edgelord taking a sword to a gunfight and obviously facing permanent consequences of that in the end c: Good riddance, for 

Spoiler

killing Thane :okiedokieloki:

Star Wars

Jar Jar Binks haha no. I am more original than that. In fact Jar Jar, while obviously being a bit too over the top doesn't deserve hate he gets IMO. I actually really dislike Mace Windu. To me he represents many problems of jedi order before the downfall - arrogance, disconnect from others and lack of ability to actually talk to different people. His actions led in no small part to Anakin's downfall making him feel unheard and humiliated (not to mention they led to Anakin's Padawan leaving the jedi order).

But it doesn't take away my enjoyment from franchises they are from. And I am not even saying they are poorly written (well, except for Kai Leng, I hate that guy xD). They just really grind my gears with how they act :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

In my previous post I forgot to mention Mike Monroe, Dr. Phil Capra and his wife Michelle (from Northern Exposure, TV show from the 90s). These were new (and extremely irritating) characters added to the cast and did nothing but distract from the original GREAT characters as the uninspired writers tried to fill the void left by Rob Morrow (Dr. Joel Fleischman) who selfishly abandoned the show. Needless to say the show tanked very quickly and went from a top-rated Emmy winner to cancellation and obscurity.

On 2022-11-09 at 12:03 AM, PastelBread said:

Chloe and Lila from Miraculous Ladybut,

For me, it's the ticket-inspector who got Marinette's mother Akumatized (Qilin).

Annoying stereotype of corrupt/incompetent cops; and caused the whole force, including Roger, to overreact with him. And not only got away with it, but won; because Thomas Astruc felt like Marinette needed to take the responsibility.

Edited by Castle Bleck

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't like Molly Weasley in Harry Potter. Her overprotectiveness, while understandable, consistently does more harm than good and I think it's a horrible way to handle...well, anything, really.

• 5 weeks later...

Yujiro Hanma, from Baki The Grappler.

Rapist, abuser, murderer, and hypocrite (yeah, he's one to talk about arrogance); yet he respects certain other fighters, so we're suddenly supposed to see him as a Noble Demon. Worse? He's too invincible to be punished, even in the finale.

Edited by Castle Bleck

• 3 weeks later...

In Transformers Prime it's probably Airachnid. She's just annoying to me. Her rogue attitude and manipulative behavior specifically annoys me.

In MLP FiM, it's definitely Diamond Tiara and Spoiled Rich.

For Star Wars, it's Snoke. I felt like he was just getting in the way of things and his pride was annoying to me. He had potential to be a likeable character to me, but it was wasted by the writers.