Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01:E24 - Starscout Code

Ashen Pathfinder

44 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Okay, I know what I said about a very minor flaw with this episode being that it's short on length for its plot, but I'm rebutting the "it was better left for a Make Your Mark episode" complaint by pointing out that not only have we only seen the pilot for MYM so far, it's also very ambitious for a series of comedy shorts to tell a story like this. 

I do appreciate that they are trying to tell stories with a lot more substance in TYT though. 

• Brohoof 4

I think that one of the things that made this episode feel more like an adventure was how the episode was divided into sections that showed the gimmicks and strengths of the main characters,

Spoiler

similar to how the hidden depths/gimmicks and elements of the Mane Six were shown while they were in the Everfree forest in the season 1 premiere of MLP: FIM.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight
  • Brohoof 1

This episode was a good one for sure---even a great one.  But I have to wonder:  who had the foreknowledge that Sunny and her friends would exist and be friends?  Who put the pieces of the blanket in those places?  Who even could, what with the separation of the tribes?

I sure hope they eventually give us answers to these questions.  You never know whether there's going to be a payoff with a new series; there were payoffs with FiM almost every time, but that doesn't guarantee G5 will have payoffs.

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

This episode was a good one for sure---even a great one.  But I have to wonder:  who had the foreknowledge that Sunny and her friends would exist and be friends?  Who put the pieces of the blanket in those places?  Who even could, what with the separation of the tribes?

I'm thinking someone like Starswirl The Bearded. Or maybe even Discord. I know he's in the comics. 

3 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

I sure hope they eventually give us answers to these questions.  You never know whether there's going to be a payoff with a new series; there were payoffs with FiM almost every time, but that doesn't guarantee G5 will have payoffs.

Well, we will for sure have the Make Your Mark show over on Netflix. So maybe some of the questions will be answered over there ? 

• Brohoof 2

Definitely one of the best episodes.  It still hasn't changed my mind about the series as a whole, but for what it is, I think it's solid.  I really wish this episode was longer, but it manages to tell a decent enough story in a five minute runtime.  

• Brohoof 1

TYT episodes should be a bit longer to give good stories like this a bit more breathing room. Make Your Mark will definitely need episodes like this if it wants to do well.

Edited by CorvetteZora
  • Brohoof 1

This is one of the best episodes of TYT so far. It had something to bring to the overall story of G5, which is uncommon for this series. The concept of having the main characters go off on an adventure to solve a mystery and retrieve the missing pieces is a solid premise. In addition, the blanket itself is a very interesting element that might end up contributing to the generation's lore later on. Lastly, it was nice to see more about sunny and her father. With all that being said, this episode's major flaw is its length. The story of this episode would have worked much better given the 22 minute format that Make Your Mark will have. While this is still one of the best TYT episodes, there could have been a lot more done with it to make it really feel like an adventure rather than just a highlight reel of one. Hopefully the episodes of MYM will feature adventure based stories like this, just much longer. 

• Brohoof 3

9 hours ago, ProjectRKA said:

That's what they heavily implied in the film.

It was already confirmed too by the movie's director. 

Funny looking back at my old post now, since now I'm the one surprised that someone was still clinging to that faint possibility almost a year later. mU2DJ4V.png.581f550db32e1ef2b0d8a259b69e 

• Brohoof 2