Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Out of 10 , how would you rate your home right now?

Reecejackox

7, being satisfactory. Traffic is kinda bad, but can be worse. Lots of things to do, and job opportunities. Aesthetically is much to be desired however, crime is rising up, and housing is pricey 

Place I'm currently renting - 7/10. It's central and clean and has enough space for just me, but the building is really old and even though it's considered a decent neighbourhood it's in close proximity to a part of my town that's known to be a hotspot for crime at night.

7.5/10. I’m not picky. The area is fine, close to work, relatively cheap. I just don’t like the bureaucracy of living here and the feeling the complex is always out to get more of your money.

6/10. I live in a second floor apartment in a busy tourist area. There’s a ton of traffic around the clock, it costs a fortune and I hate sharing walls with subhuman creatures bent on playing racquetball (or something that sounds like it) against the common wall in shifts 24/7. But on the bright side, it’s gated, I can walk to work from here if I need to, and it has some decent amenities.

• Brohoof 1

5/10 stars for 5 complaints

1. Storage is almost nonexistent. Two bedroom apartment unit that's just crossing over 1,000 sq feet. Previously my girlfriend lived in a campus townhouse of about 700 sq feet, and I had my bedroom of about 300 sq feet at my parents. We're effectively just sharing a combined space of what we had before, but there's so little in storage compared to what we had before, that our second bedroom which we intended to use for hosting guests and as a home office is literally just piled up with belongings that we can't put elsewhere.

2. Every apartment unit is supposed to come with 2 parking spots. I don't drive, so we only take up one, and yet it's a battle to find any. Not only do all of the spots fill up, but some people are double parking, parking in front of the dumpsters, parking in the fire lanes, on the curbs, ect. Clearly there is an exceptional number of unregistered people living in our complex. Everyone is supposed to have a permit as well, but I think most don't. There's one car that hasn't moved for at least 3 months. A notification to tow it last week was slapped on 2 weeks ago. Enforcement is a joke. We usually have to park a quarter mile away from our unit, and if you can't park at the complex, then your only option is to do so at the neighboring business area, where you're guaranteed to get broken into, bringing me to my next point.

3. CRIME. One of the neighboring businesses was a gym. If you park there overnight, you're window will be broken. Every single spot has an accrusing pile of glass, because it is every single one! The perpetrators are blatant about it too. They'll sit in their vehicle watching everyone, and hurl obscenities and threats if you even glance in their direction. If you can get parking in the complex, they'll still come in, lift your car, and not only steal your catalytic converter, but your tires too if they're brand new. Every few weeks someone tries to siphon everyones gas and a while line of cars will have their fuel caps hanging open. There is a security patrol that started last month, so the worst offenders for theft and illegal parking have stopped, but it went on for so long unaddressed that I'm worried this is a band-aid being applied to a disembowellment.

4. Disgusting Neighbors. Most of them are probably fine, but there's a Marijauna and a trash problem. I don't smoke personally, and don't have any issue with others doing so. However, it does give my girlfriend and I headaches. After a stressful week of 12 hour shifts, with the sun baking the he'll out of our place, the last thing we want is for our apartment to become a second hand hot box.

Amd as previously mentioned, there's more people than there should be, which means there's more trash than there should be. It got so bad, that our dumpsters have to be emptied 3 times a week now, because they would get buried. I wasn't mad at the people for that initially, we just didn't have the means to handle the capacity. Except there's a ton of people too lazy to actually put their trash in the dumpster! I'll go out, the thing is half full, yet there's half a dumpster's worth of trash sitting on the ground! Others are putting there's in the recycling, or not recycling correctly. Break down your boxes! Take your soda cans and bottles out of the bags! It's beyond stupid!

5. Honestly, I've worked myself up so much typing this out, that I forgot what my last complaint actually was, but I'll throw out occasional power outages, no central air conditioning, and the water isn't always drinkable.

Not sure I can give a rating. My living arrangement with my family is really neat - I have the master bedroom with my own bathroom. We live in a safe area with stores within walking distance. Public transportation is pretty lacking, though. Which sucks for me. Also, it's Oklahoma, which is awful for many reasons I'm sure I don't even need to state at this point.