Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hello Everypony! The week of Friendship starts now!

Twilight Sparkle

I love all of my special friends here on MLP Forums with all of my heart and I'll always love them, no matter what.

I know that without my special friends here, my life would totally feel lifeless and empty as they mean so much to me and I'm so grateful to have met all of them.

Edited by TheRockARooster
  • Brohoof 3

Out of the five, Izzy is probably the one I'm most fond of, but Sunny's values of friendship certainly would make her a great friend as well. But really, all five of them stand out in their own way – there's no wrong decision here! :grin:

• Brohoof 4

I guess the most prominent friendship problem I've had is when I moved in the middle of high school, not really a problem with anyone else but I had to learn to overcome my social anxiety and make new friends!:ph3ar:

I think either Izzy or Zipp would be my bff though! I love making art like Izzy, but I also love being active and playing sports like Zipp

• Brohoof 2

It is not always possible to maintain it, and you need to be able to see a toxic relationship when it is there.  There are people in this world that will look at any slight or any disagreement as a personal attack and hold it against you like you shot their dad.  Yes there are experiences I've had, and frankly I think the very same people who said I needed to grow up, need to themselves.  I lost a friendship over trivial crap.  It was a display of pride and unwillingness to see their end of the equation.  This was a 15y friendship gone south.  If you as a person are willing to throw that under the bus over a disagreement, how much of a friend are you really? 

There's a lot I could dive in to with this.  I've beat myself up for years over it pointlessly, when in reality it was only 1/4 my fault.  The problem is that humans are not ponies, and they do not place the same importance on the same things.   

That was 4y ago now, though, and I've moved on, made new friends, and bettered myself since.  It's just the fact that some allow grudges and animosity to dominate their decisions that kinda erk me.  Decisions like that contain no logic, only emotion, and any decision made solely in that context are bad.  But before you assume this is a significant other, it isn't.  I won't even get in to that, as it was both a physically and emotionally abusive relationship with me on the short end of the stick, which is what led me to decide to simply stay single by choice.

It does however sting, when lifelong friends abandon you over rash reasoning.  The one saving grace is new friends in the ashes of those that have fallen.

Edited by Adariousmist

One friendship lesson from the show that's stuck with me is the lesson that you told Discord back when you first met him, Princess Twilight. The lesson of that friendship is never truly easy, but it's no doubt worth fighting for. Another lesson I've learned is that even when times are tough, as long as you hold onto hope, then things will always work out and be okay. That no matter what, your friends will always be with you.

Out of the Mane 5, I would probably be bff's with Izzy and Pipp. I'd say Izzy because I love how funny and creative she can be. I'd say Pipp because she grew on me since the movie, while I watched Tell Your Tale and Make Your Mark. Out of the Mane 5, Pipp has become my favorite at the moment in the series. I love her attitude, her energy, charisma and so much more. 

• This topic was unpinned and unfeatured
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured