Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media What is your favorite and least favourite type of media?

Reecejackox

I would say music and movies and video games.

I don't know any of the current popular singers, bands and I don't care about modern movies so I'm stuck in my own entertainment time capsule. :twismile:

I'm also *very* specific when it comes to the types of video games that I like to play. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Hm... I want to say books, because I prefer visual/audio mediums. I typically can't sit down and get myself to read a book, unless it's non-fiction. This isn't to put down books, though. I have an Audible subscription and am loving listening to audio books while at work, and actually I adore audio books for that reason. I'm listening and learning while working!

• Brohoof 1

@Reecejackox

1. Altered title so it asks for favorite and least favorite.. There is no need to make a whole new thread for such a minor difference in this question.

2. Do not use the Mega Thread tag. That is for staff use only.

• The title was changed to What is your favorite and least favourite type of media?

Wouldn't count "social media" as a form of media, name be damned. It's completely different from the other examples listed

As for the question, my favorite is video games and that's entirely do to the interactivity they offer, It's one thing to see or read someone pull an impressive feat, but it's another thing entirely to try doing it yourself in a simulated manner

My least favorite is books, call me stupid, lazy, impatient, or just utterly lacking in imagination, but I need a visual representation of a story being told, whether it be movie, animation, FMV, or even pictures, and I just can't do it with books

Edited by Megas

• 4 weeks later...

My favorite type of media is FLAC.

My least favorite is MP3.

Should I have to state why? Well, one is trying to preserve the quality of the original while taking up as little space as possible. The other one, takes up very little space, but what you get is interpolation and cut frequencies, until you actually believe you listened to the original and believe it was THAT bad.

• 9 months later...