Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most and Least Popular TYT Episodes According to Youtube

Misty Shadow

Thanks to the removal of the Youtube dislike visibility, it's been difficult to gauge what the general consensus thinks of the episodes of G5's Youtube short series, Tell Your Tale, outside of the opinions that can be read on forums like this. However, since this site is only one part of the internet, it's hard to get a broader idea of what the most and least popular episodes of the show are besides also looking at the views the episodes get, which is not the most reliable method thanks to Youtube algorithm shenanigans, causing certain episodes to receive insane drops in viewership. Recently though, I hacked into Youtube.com installed a browser extension that allows me to see dislikes again, even on videos that were made after dislike visibility was done away with.

I found that all of the Tell Your Tale episodes have far more likes than dislikes upon looking at all their ratios, with only one episode having a like/dislike ratio lower than 90%. So if they all have good ratios, how do we tell which one is the most popular? As stated earlier, just going by views isn't reliable enough, since many positively received episodes have had their views screwed by the algorithm, and we can't just go by ratio because saying that an episode is "more popular" than one with five times more views just because it has a 0.2-0.3% better difference in ratio is silly. Therefore, we need to consider both the like/dislike ratio and the viewership, comparing the two. The most viewed episode of the entire series, Nightmare Roommate, has the second worst like/dislike ratio of the series, rounded to just above 90%.

1170958045_MLPTYTNightmareRoommateLikeDislikeRatio.jpg.0e6cf53ec408d7d85beb881617acf9d7.jpg

Meanwhile, the most viewed episode with the best like/dislike ratio is Alicorn Issues, with a ratio of 98.8%, even beating out the slightly more viewed Making a Foal of Me, which has a slightly worse ratio. 

1380520483_MLPTYTAlicornIssuesLikeDislikeRatio.jpg.7bf3a54e08e7f6fa5148333e2af37c56.jpg

Granted, I was very impressed to find that Hitch's first star episode, Foal Me Once, has an even higher like/dislike ratio of 99.1%. 

563451769_MLPTYTFoalMeOnceLikeDislikeRatio.jpg.f5e0854dd64f61f30c122c24cb284054.jpg

However, in regards to comparing views to likes and dislikes, it seems that the most popular episode of the series is Alicorn Issues. The least popular episode seems to be A Home to Share, which despite having almost as many views, has the worst like/dislike ratio of the series at only 85.7%. 

570823434_MLPTYTHometoShareLikeDislikeRatio.jpg.2cafc576b3c9d26d0855a091df3177d5.jpg

This is also decently consistent with what I've seen on the forums. A Home to Share is not regarded as a particularly good episode, understandable since it's only the pilot and most people were still taking time to settle into the show, while Alicorn Issues is one of the most loved episodes of the series. Also consistent is the fact that Clip Trot, one of the more divisive episodes, is not very highly rated. Surprisingly, however, Zipp's Yes Day, another divisive one, doesn't even have 100 dislikes at the time of me writing this. Yet I can see why more people outside of this site don't really see the problem with said episode.

Edited by CloudMistDragon
Correction about an episode's rating.

15 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

This is also decently consistent with what I've seen on the forums. A Home to Share is not regarded as a particularly good episode, understandable since it's only the pilot and most people were still taking time to settle into the show, while Alicorn Issues is one of the most loved episodes of the series. Surprisingly, however, episodes like Clip Trot and Zipp's Yes Day don't even have 100 dislikes at the time of me writing this. Yet I can see why more people outside of this site don't really see the problem with said episodes.

Clip Trot is one of my favorite episodes of Tell Your Tale so far whille I didn't really know what to think about Yes Day because I didn't

understand what was happening in the episode. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

On 2022-09-04 at 2:25 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Clip Trot is one of my favorite episodes of Tell Your Tale so far whille I didn't really know what to think about Yes Day because I didn't

understand what was happening in the episode. 

I'm sure you won't be happy to learn then that I actually made a mistake, only Zipp's Yes Day had a shockingly high rating. Clip Trot actually has 450 dislikes at the time of me writing this, I have no clue how I made that confusion, sorry. :blush:

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I'm sure you won't be happy to learn then that I actually made a mistake, only Zipp's Yes Day had a shockingly high rating. Clip Trot actually has 450 dislikes at the time of me writing this, I have no clue how I made that confusion, sorry. :blush:

That's sad to hear, I'm literally in love with The Pony Hip Hop, it's my actual ring tone lol, clip trot is my favorite probably aside from "Starscout Code"

6 hours ago, KingCorvus said:

That's sad to hear, I'm literally in love with The Pony Hip Hop, it's my actual ring tone lol, clip trot is my favorite probably aside from "Starscout Code"

I also know now how I made the confusion, I got the likes and dislikes on the clip called "The Pony Hip Hop" mixed up with the likes and dislikes on the actual Clip Trot episode.