Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rank Rebuild

Jeric

Moments ago, Celli said:

@Jeric Apologies for reacting that way, I didn't know it was out of the staff here's hands. I have massive respect for y'all keeping the site running, and I hope you feel better soon,

Oh so the current ranks aren't final either? I see.

Nope not final. Some of the staff will attest that I was uncharacteristically furious at the platform last night. @NavelColt can and others can  confirm. 

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, Illiad Easle said:

I'm more than a little miffed at this change, I was up in the ponies and now I'm all the way back down to Parasprite? I've been here for years (Since 2013) with over 4k posts and over 2k brohoofs,

Oh wow that's quite a change. (Hey I was here since 2012 or 2013, too, btw!)

I'm not fretting about it a major lot since it's just a cosmetic thing, but I was definitely suprised.

Edited by Toastypk

18 minutes ago, Props said:

@Jeric

So when this is fixed, our ranks will go back to where they should be? And users who didn't have their ranks upgraded, will have theirs be in the right place?

Hopefully. Points based system works a little differently. I’ll detail the differences when I feel like I’m in line with where things should have been. 

• Brohoof 2

Update: 

Blank Flanks once again

Last night I added the rule giving every user a point for each new topic made and ran the rebuild. I just added the rule to add a point to comments/replies made as well. Each will award 1 point.That should bring us closer to where would should have been if ranks did not break. Some users should have a large boost because they contribute in areas that post count was turned off. (Congrats to the Count to a Million users). 

When this is done running this will not be the end of the changes. I need to made a few modifications and run it one more time. I will also create a community based poll on if the current community wants to expand the current system. 

• Brohoof 3

17 minutes ago, Con Mom said:

Don't let him lie to you; Jeric broke it and now we all have to suffer.

:mlp_please:

This is what happens when they made a Blank Flank an Admin. 

24 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Jeric

Are the ranks scaled based on who has the most points? Or are the ranks fixed in how many points you need to get from one level to the next?

Fixed to a set number of points. That hasn’t changed 

It’s done. The script ran through every topic and post in all forums that post count increases so it should be as accurate as it’s going to be. 

• Brohoof 6

Going to take a few days off since I have some projects I have to do that are not pony, but if anyone has any outliers are significant discrepancies post them here and I’ll investigate later.