Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Feedback Wanted - Should we expand the rank system?

Jeric

Rank Value Enhancements  

25 users have voted

1. 1. Should we expand the rank system?

• Yes - I would like to see what changes we can make
    • No - Keep it as is
    • I'm okay with either approach (Note that I will count this as mostly a tie breaker favoring Yes)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2022-09-14 at 09:00 PM

9 hours ago, Jeric said:

Creating a new topic can be worth more than a point. 

Receiving a brohoof can count. 

Status Updates can count.

Replies to Status Updates can count. 

Blogs can count. 

Logging in the first time that day can count. 

Creating RP Character Sheets can count. 

Being followed can count. 

Logging in would count for a “like” or a post? :confused:

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Fhaolan said:

I like the idea of blogs counting in some way. And not because I really need to get back to my episode notes blogs... ;)

The blog system ruined my perfect 9,999 post count streak I had been keeping for months, because I had no idea a blog post would increase the post count.

But yea, blog entires are hard work, and it is good if you can earn points for them.

Hmm all I would add as a suggestion is to make a pinned topic in this forum section detailing what the ranks are, how many posts each requires, and which activities count towards points and how many points. This will help new users understand the system. Currently there is no longer a clear list of ranks, or is there?

• Brohoof 3

8 hours ago, SparklingSwirls said:

Hmm all I would add as a suggestion is to make a pinned topic in this forum section detailing what the ranks are, how many posts each requires, and which activities count towards points and how many points. This will help new users understand the system. Currently there is no longer a clear list of ranks, or is there?

There is, but a bit sneaky to find, it's in FAQ:

I guess the book will need to be updated sometime soon.. :mlp_icwudt:

Oh and @Props you asked about librarians earlier, they are listed there with a brief description what each rank is for. If you're curious about some more details, it all has to do with these forums: https://mlpforums.com/forum/303-golden-oaks-library/

• Brohoof 1

So there seems to be a general consensus that blogs counting would be a good idea. So that is now turned on. Authoring a blog entry counts as making a new topic (1 point) and commenting on a blog counts as 1 point. I actually vaguely recall this counting before anyway, but I could be wrong. 

• Brohoof 2

23 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Logging in would count for a “like” or a post? :confused:

Point.

New topics, topic replies, new blog entries, blog entry replies all count as one point AND increase post count. The new points feature allows for adding points just for showing up (logging in). I'm indifferent on that one. I'd rather use other than points for that one. 

• Brohoof 1

Where do I see how many points I need for the next rank on desktop? On the mobile site it shows me when I click the hamburger icon.

There is one little detail I noticed in the system that seems rather bad:

Spoiler

When hovering with the mouse over a user name/avatar, you will receive the actual time (this many hours, days, etc) since that user got their last rank. That kind of information is only relevant for competing against others. It doesn't serve any purpose and should be a private thing, just like the number of points left until the their next rank (which is private).

2 minutes ago, Celli said:

Where do I see how many points I need for the next rank on desktop? On the mobile site it shows me when I click the hamburger icon.

On desktop, resize the browser's window so the forum's layout changes to mobile view:resize.png.c68e7bba03850f6f7f63035fa4689430.png

Now, the information is visible in the menu brought down by the top right icon.

• Brohoof 1

24 minutes ago, Celli said:

Also, is this thread implying that ranks after EoH may be added? I wasn't really sure.

That's a challenge for @Jeric, along with being allowed to choose your own rank when reaching the end.

If you ask me, I don't think it will be possible. My screenshot reveals that there are no points after EoH.

• The topic was unpinned