Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did you ever believe in the concept of cooties?

ggg-2

There was a poor girl who was commonly associated with the term whom I went to elementary school with, people treated her horrendously and she frequently had head lice, she was from a very poor home life, so I feel a lot worse about it to, the kids even made up a chant and a mean spirited nickname for the girl... I never really got involved in bullying her verbally as a child, but being a male child myself at the time I never felt tempted to stand up for the girl everyone said was gross, especially with all the other female students bullying her... Ultimately I think at that time I was convinced that you could be so gross it could literally be infectious but I mean hey ppl all grow up, me and one of my exes both briefly had head lice when I was a teenager from watching her brothers and sisters, some of these things seen as very gross or obscene are just literal life experiences for others... I didn't die from being disgusting lol, I just had to have special shampoo that I think killed some of my braincells(lmao jk)

No, I thought everyone was gross and didn't want anyone touching me. I didn't care if they were boys or girls.

What a saddening view to have, I know. and I can't tell you that I have completely shook it in my adulthood.

No, I'd never heard of the term when I was at school, when I was at primary school it was kind of almost an unwritten rule that the boys and girls didn't mix or were friends with each other but outside of school my friends were a mix of both.

No, I don't even remember hearing about them when I was very little (I guess it's not such a common belief where I'm from). By the time I first heard the word (I think it was in a cartoon), I was too old to believe in such a thing.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, Silly Guardian said:

what are cooties i don't get it

I think it was some imaginary "disease" that boys and girls said the other had as a way to pick on each other or shyly avoid the other?

Example: Do you like Martha?

Guy: EWWW I DON'T LIKE GIRLS, THEY HAVE COOTIES!

:laugh: