Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Netflix might get rid of binge model.

CastletonSnob

Probably the first time Netflix has actually made a halfway sensible decision in god knows how long

Binge watching only works if you're discovering a show for the first time, and even then, if the show is incomplete, binge watching the next season just gets exhausting. Weekly releases can at least keep interest going for a while

• Brohoof 1

I think it would be a good thing for the show. The binge model is not really a sustainable model for any shows, really. Because then you watch it in one or two go's and you're done with it and then netflix cancels it after two or three seasons.

I wish I could just binge it when it drops if I'm being completely honest, HOWEVER, I'm aware that it's probably better for the show and franchise as a whole for the weekly episodes to keep present relevance, I think to myself, there are other cases of "binge watching" shows usually in very young children who's parents lazily hit play and hope the child becomes engrossed, these are the "youngins" their parents are going to be the ones to buy the official merch their attention matters also, but yes part of being a 8-16 yr old is Saturday morning cartoons, the continuity of your adventure is split up, so you can stay in suspense and live the joy of creating head canons, making educated guesses, but most importantly staying relevant, you can't wait for a CERTAIN SHOW ONLY coming on Saturday mornings, hell I'm almost 30, and this was me with Amphibia just a few months ago, definitely was me with MLP, and definitely will be me for many more cartoons to come, even finishing up the owl house...(but that won't be every Saturday for awhile, just a few long episodes I hear...) I like the "ritual" of "new episodes", it's a human thing.. some shows are better marathoned and some are better in parts though it really depends

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Another reason why Netflix is still failing. Yet the only reason why I come back is both MLP G5 (which is okay, but it completely detracts from the overall continuity), and The Cuphead Show. That's pretty much it.