Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Trailer for Make Your Mark

CastletonSnob

I was okay with everything except Sparky(obviously) and then that really cringe Twilight G.5 render at the end.

Also apparently Misty has a disappearing Unicorn horn..

Edited by KingCorvus
  • Brohoof 1

51 minutes ago, KingCorvus said:

Also apparently Misty has a disappearing Unicorn horn..

Still looked like there was a space for it. Maybe it was a spell to make her look like an earth pony.

38 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

This looks better than the prologue special, both in animation and plot. Also

Hide contents

TWILY 

Hide contents

Except she didn’t sound like Tara Strong :sunny:

Sounded like her to me.

And Sprout at 15 seconds.

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Wait then how are we going to distinguish the two specials that both have the title Make Your Mark

As far as I understand, the MYM special is the pilot episode 

• Brohoof 2

43 minutes ago, The Nth Doctor said:

I wonder why Twilight was pony-sized rather than being in her queen form

Maybe it's the Tree of Harmony?

Or are they just ignoring The Last Problem the same way Dragon Ball ignores GT?

Honestly considering all the errors this show seems to have, I'm guessing they just forgot about her queen form. 

• Brohoof 1

And they released this trailer with just two weeks to go. I wonder why they didn't want to release this much sooner and perhaps generate more attention? Maybe they aren't as confident about this as we assume? Or maybe they've been swamped with other projects and only now got around to this one?

• Brohoof 2

I was prepared for whatever the end was going to show.... Yeah..... Are they still trying to connect this to G4?

3D and dragon baby is my first thought... But then, there seems to be an interesting relationship with the bad guys going on. Might be good?

• Brohoof 1

So far, while the animation looks same-ish as last time, the plot & situations look more interesting this time around. Still hoping for some good character-building and a decent showing from the villain team!

• Brohoof 3

wh-what is this strange feeling...?

actually looking forward to a new MLP episode! :pinkie: yay feeling, I have missed you ;3

seriously though, this looks great! fun, animation looking a lil better maybe, new characters, exploring the new magic concept nicely. Count me excited :) 

• Brohoof 2

The animation looks better, smoother. Sounds like Queen Haven still needs to work on her laugh though. Special G4 guest I was pleasantly surprised to see and hear.

I'm pretty excited for this.

First 8 episodes, let's go!

• Brohoof 2

So the unicorn minion's name is indeed Misty! And oh gosh, the corniness of that evil laughing scene...

I'm not particularly sure what to make of what the plot seems to be so far, but I do like the (apparent) return of Sprout...and Twilight? Honestly kind of creepy the way she suddenly appears at the end. And with her no longer being in her huge alicorn form...is this her ghost? zVzzgqB.png

• Brohoof 2

OMIGOSH!!! THIS LOOKS SO GOOD!!!

The animation looks spectacular this time and there is so much in this trailer to be excited about! Opaline, the new Alicorn villain looks beautiful, Misty, who is Opaline’s spy apparently and a pretty interesting plot involving the earth pony magic.

This looks absolutely fantastic and I cannot wait for it!!!

Spoiler

And TWILIGHT?!! OMIGOSH!!!

• Brohoof 2

The background pony in the thumbnail looks a lot like Diamond Tierra... 

Spoiler

Well it seems like they are really trying to flesh out earth pony magic here.The evil alicorn is... intruging. And Twilight reappearing at the end, I'm still not sure how I feel about that.

• Brohoof 1

It's too bad they didn't give us any hints about just what Opaline wants or what her evil plan entails; that'd help me get more into it, but I want to see at least an explanation about why that cameo at the end appeared---especially in her smaller form.  It could just be a recorded message or something.

I also hope we, at some point, get a good explanation of just how the three pieces of the blanket from Argyle's video got to be where they were!

Edited by HereComesTom
  • Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

So the unicorn minion's name is indeed Misty! And oh gosh, the corniness of that evil laughing scene...

I'm not particularly sure what to make of what the plot seems to be so far, but I do like the (apparent) return of Sprout...and Twilight? Honestly kind of creepy the way she suddenly appears at the end. And with her no longer being in her huge alicorn form...is this her ghost? zVzzgqB.png

It’s being speculated that Twi is the Tree of Harmony’s projection 

• Brohoof 1

I do think the animation looks less robotic, and the faces look nicer (though the mileage does vary depending on the shot), so that's definitely great. The backgrounds still feel somewhat empty to me, I know it's so much more work to make a 3D space feel full and lived in than a 2D one. The villain doesn't seem intimidating at all, but it's hard to judge based on a short trailer. Definitely intrigued to see what they do with Twilight (basically confirms to me

Spoiler

Discord

will be making an appearance). I'm looking forward to the show, but I'm trying to keep my expectations moderated as we get closer to release.

Edited by Starset Twinkle
  • Brohoof 2

This hasn’t raised my hopes for G5.

The character animations still looks stiff. It’s not jarring to the point where it’s unbearable to watch but it is definitely noticeable and it strikes as cheap CGI use. I don’t know much about what goes into animation but this series looks like one that belongs on Nick Jr. 

The music is not good, as the lyrics from the songs we have from this trailer and chapter 1 are cliché as all hell.

I really can’t explain what it is but this seems like G5 is trying to appeal more to children than FiM did.

Am I still going to give it a shot? Absolutely. This is a big moment in the fandom. I still have faith that the series will be at least decent.

…They also showed Twilight in the show’s animation style and I would be lying if I said am not looking forward to seeing the FiM main cast in it.

• Brohoof 4