Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is Sunny the Princess of?

Star_Quake

Well with this question it may be better understood when we understand what Opaline is "queen" of... We know that queen Haven is a pegasus who is outright royalty, does Sunny necessarily have to be a royal princess? Or a princess at all? Maybe just an alicorn who's abilities and purpose will be better explained through out the series when tasked with understanding everyponies purpose.. bc Queen Haven isnt the queen of the moon or the stars, simply Zephyr Heights .... And Zipp the next technical heir to this royal privilege, so royalty obviously doesn't work or symbolize what it used to in Equestria, I think we just need to know a little more about Opaline and who she was, accompanied by (god help me), what Twilight has to tell us about the lost history of Equestria, just pray they don't tie her deeply into the lore and use her rather as an all knowing voice of profound wisdom, now that we know she's back for sure, but Twi might have some answers as to who Sunny Starscout really is and why she was chosen to be an alicorn...

Edited by KingCorvus

Sunny the mane alicorn being a princess is extremely marketable, so I do believe they will respect her role as lead of the cast, and elevate her to some level of actual leadership in the future, its just Zipp we know inherently has a leadership role in her future related to the fact that she is royalty... so there is a certain charm to Sunny Starscout being a cute roller skating slushie stand sales girl that has her little pony rights campaign going.. im sure they are going to look to her as the natural born Earth Pony she is herself, and the one who restored magic to Equestria and ultimately introduced it to the Earth Ponies, for some kind of answers, or leadership to this developing situation... its just, maybe its a little alternative to think that Sunnys character doesnt need to be bogged down by some really cheesy princess title that is clearly just to make her a marketable kids toy.. i mean i respect her resolve so at the same time, i think she deserves a leadership role, but I dont know if we necessarily need to call her princess but I think we inevitably will.. im just wondering if Opaline is ALSO like the pegasus queen in the respect that she is only queen bc she lords over a certain location, or if the lore of MYM will actually be deep enough that it will explain to us how Opaline became an alicorn in the first place.. knowing what kind of unicorn/alicorn or what kind of princess/apprentice Opaline was in the past could give us a lot of answers, and I feel like they are going to make Twilight an unnecessary answer to issues they should exclude her from however I hope its just existential help, and if necessary a little bit of context on the history of what happened to Equestria, its just they cant have Twilight answering "some" of these questions and not all of them, and there are already so many questions, that at this point trying to bring her in to answer questions (realistically just promote the new show to loyal bronies/FiM fans) its going to create so many more questions than its going to ultimately answer about the historical canon of Equestria following the events of FiM leading to present day Equestria...

Edited by KingCorvus

Friendship is no longer a trademark of Hasbro, so she will not be the next Princess of Friendship.

On 2022-09-13 at 8:42 PM, abrony-mouse said:

Easy question. She is the Princess of Roller Skating.

Sound right to me!

5 minutes ago, RDDash said:

She is a princess of cosplaying :ooh:

Hide contents

2794117.jpg

Yeah, they were really foreshadowing the fact that she was to become an Alicorn, very hard... Lol

• Brohoof 1

I think she's not a princess at all. Although, Sunny only has alicorn powers, but is not a real one. Hopefully they won't turn her into one, because I find great that there is already a monarch in Zephyr Heights and other rulers in Maretime Bay and Bridlewood (wow, I still remembering those names!). The ponies can be "friends" whitout being united as a single nation.

• Brohoof 1