Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Rocky Mountain Express (IMAX)

Katie Cadet

Hello fellow bronies!

Back in the mid-2010s, I watched Rocky Mountain Express at the former IMAX cinema, and now in 2022, I recently got it second-hand brand-new in a 4k Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Set. The director is Ottawa-based Stephen Low, who runs a film production company in Montreal. It really has interesting Canadian railway history, with an importance of the 2816 steam locomotive, and the Canadian Rockies out west in British Columbia, as the train travels to the east of Montreal throughout the course of the movie. It was shot on 15 perf 70mm film, which looks excellent, either in a 1080p or 4k digital video format in my Home Theatre of my office, but in the cinema, it's an experience I will never forget!

The audio in the cinema version that I recall is an uncompressed 6-track mix, but on the Blu-ray that I got, Dolby Atmos (with a TrueHD/Dolby Digital Plus backup), which is an improvement.

Feel free to talk about this movie here! I'll attach the trailer below this text:

• 6 months later...
On 2022-09-19 at 3:30 PM, Katie Cadet said:

Hello fellow bronies!

Back in the mid-2010s, I watched Rocky Mountain Express at the former IMAX cinema, and now in 2022, I recently got it second-hand brand-new in a 4k Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Set. The director is Ottawa-based Stephen Low, who runs a film production company in Montreal. It really has interesting Canadian railway history, with an importance of the 2816 steam locomotive, and the Canadian Rockies out west in British Columbia, as the train travels to the east of Montreal throughout the course of the movie. It was shot on 15 perf 70mm film, which looks excellent, either in a 1080p or 4k digital video format in my Home Theatre of my office, but in the cinema, it's an experience I will never forget!

The audio in the cinema version that I recall is an uncompressed 6-track mix, but on the Blu-ray that I got, Dolby Atmos (with a TrueHD/Dolby Digital Plus backup), which is an improvement.

Feel free to talk about this movie here! I'll attach the trailer below this text:

Another IMAX experience I sadly missed out on:sunny: