Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pinkie Pie has Wings?!? (In Pony Life?!?)

Katie Cadet

Hello fellow bronies!

When Pony Life was released in 2020, there were some unintentional animation errors. My personal favourite is that Pinkie Pie gained wings without even knowing. Sure, it was due to the magic of editing, but not due to the magic of the story.

The Pinkie Pie of G4 (FiM), as intended by the toy line, is an earth pony, so there's no way she would be a pegasus during that era, not until Pony Life came around and made it happen! A prototype of Pinkie Pie who is coloured White and Yellow, and named Surprise, originally has wings. The G3 Pinkie Pie is also intended by the toy line as an earth pony. By looking online since 2012, I found out why that statement was true, and indeed, I was right.

By watching a segment from Potion Mystery, this was the source of Pegasus Pinkie Pie, and I'm just letting you know that Pinkie Pie wasn't intended to be that way in the first place due to that unintentional animation error that happened in Pony Life. Feel free to reply if that statement was true!

• 1 month later...

I just saw another animation error where Pinkie Pie had wings, but from the FiM show:

Spoiler

PNG4.png

Interestingly, the wing colors match the body color, and dirt is added as well, which would indicate wings might be more than just an animation error. Source:

Actually, did you know that Pinkie Pie originally was supposed to have wings? I'll share with you the original art from Lauren Faust in a moment.

They literally switched Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie's form last moment. Which, I discussed with my group, was perfect because it allows to show people that ponies are not stereotypes bound to their limitations. Their personalities exceed the body they were born into. It's such a perfect message.

3 ponies of the mane 6 have stereotypical skills to their type:
Twilight - magic - unicorn
Rainbow Dash - Pegasus - Sports and weather
Applejack - earth pony - physical strength and work ethic

Rarity - unicorn - fashion
Pinkie Pie - earth pony - fun and parties!
Fluttershy - pegasus - far from obsessed with sports and would rather be on the ground with her cute animal friends than in the skies....

How cool is that? :coco:

On 2022-10-25 at 5:32 AM, Princess Silky said:

Here's the original Lauren Faust sketches <3 

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.d67f7bd394d53726e32d5cc78ea8730b.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.7c978b151b404c87edd75e23c5d4ed54.png

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.5882589b1adc7b3670dbd5027372bfda.pngimage.png.459163691145e7f75b165bffbf07fdb7.png

Those sketches are new to me. I would totally be okay with Fluttershy being grounded and Pinkie Pie being air-born, it fits their energy levels better.

But Pony Life is just horrible (except the art style, which was adorable at times).

On 2022-10-23 at 9:07 PM, Splashee said:

Interestingly, the wing colors match the body color, and dirt is added as well, which would indicate wings might be more than just an animation error.

I have a more boring possible explanation. :adorkable: I've always thought they just reused Twilight's walk cycle for Pinkie and forgot to remove the wings. The dirt also fits my theory, as it's in exactly the same position on both Twilight's and Pinkie's wings.

Pegasus Pinkie is a bit of a scary idea... Even Rainbow Dash can't escape from her as an Earth pony... with wings she would be overpowered. :mlp_blink:

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

Pinkie Pie with wings is super adorable and cute and I have always loved this.

Also as it has pointed out before Lauren Faust original designed Pinkie Pie as a Pegasus and Fluttershy as an Earn Pony and changed this very shortly before the production of the frist FiM season started. I have always loved these conceptional arts from Lauren Faust. 

On 2022-10-25 at 5:32 AM, Princess Silky said:

Here's the original Lauren Faust sketches <3 

Hide contents

image.png.d67f7bd394d53726e32d5cc78ea8730b.png

Hide contents

image.png.7c978b151b404c87edd75e23c5d4ed54.png

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.5882589b1adc7b3670dbd5027372bfda.pngimage.png.459163691145e7f75b165bffbf07fdb7.png

You are a Pinkie Pie with wings: super strong, positive, spreading laughter and smiles and a true Pegasus :3