Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How come no memeber of the Mane Six seems to suffer from PTSD

TheUnknownPhantom5

I just realized something. Despite all the times their lives had been in danger, and all the times Equestria was invaded or almost destroyed, not a single memeber of the Mane Six seems to suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Why is that, I mean you would think they would, or at least Twilight, and Fluttershy would. I mean have they never had this "What if we lost"? phrase cross their minds?

Seriously why wouldn't they have any form of Tramua?

And don't give me the It's a kids show excuess

To Quote Misantropony "That is the worst excues ever, of all time".

Perhaps writers just forgot about that possibility 🤔 or maybe they just wanted "mentally strong" protagonists (this obviously contradicts Pinkie becoming Pinkamena or [insert any other character snap scene here] but I really can't think of anything other than a general "because it's a kid's show" excuse) idk..

...Well, I was going to say that trauma and PTSD are heavy subjects and they probably didn't want to bring that kind of energy to the show. But as my partner pointed out to me, the show has tackled lots of heavy subjects such as death, depression, war, abuse, etc. etc. All of that in a kid's show, so why not trauma? :mlp_huh:

I suppose it is possible that it just didn't occur to the writers that everything the Mane Six have been through could be considered traumatizing, but other than that I'm scratching my head.

• 2 months later...

The developers of MLP couldn't put literally every mental health disorder in the show or they would have too many characters. PTSD is fairly common, but so is bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, yet you don't see them in the show (as far as I know of). My point is that you can't just have a character(s) go through every single problem, or even every major problem, that people IRL go through or that would make that character unrealistic and unrelatable.

Perhaps having an episode where a side character experiences PTSD would have been good, but many good ideas have to be discarded when developing a show because there is not enough room for everything. Just look at deleted scenes from any movie, as some of them are really good.

Overall, the developers likely never thought of having a character in MLP experience PTSD, or if they did, they made the choice to discard that idea to make room for other good ideas.