• A
    • B
    • AB
    • Don't know
  2. 2. Rhesus Blood type

• Positive
    • Negative
    • Don't know

I'm an A negative and regularly give blood.

Only 15% of the world has negative blood, and although positive blood can take negative blood we cannot receive it.

The only blood I can take is A or O negative. But I can give to AB, A positive and negative.

It's nice to give, but sadly I'm a little in trouble if I need blood.

Secondly there is pregnancy. If I have a baby with a non-negative blood type man (my husband is B positive) my baby will always be positive. My body will see the extra protein as a virus and literally eat the blood of my baby, so they need to inject something to kill the white blood cells. Fun facts! ;D ~

I'd just like to point out that O+ are NOT universal donors, as some of you say. We can donate to any other positive type, though, which is like 90% of the worlds population, so we're pretty close to universal.

O- are the true universal donors.

O-

One of these days I should really think about donating blood, can't really shake the uneasiness of having blood pumped out though. On a secondary note, I thought blood type test were done when one was born...apparently, not?

I'm an A, but I'm not sure if Positive or Negative. I think I'm A+ though.

Though I don't think I'm allowed to donate. I've had Mono, and Epstein-Barr virus which is transferred by blood, and although goes dormant, never goes away.

I've never had my blood tested, so I don't know.

Secondly there is pregnancy. If I have a baby with a non-negative blood type man (my husband is B positive) my baby will always be positive. My body will see the extra protein as a virus and literally eat the blood of my baby, so they need to inject something to kill the white blood cells. Fun facts! ;D ~

Well that's disheartening. :(

• Brohoof 1

I'm O negative. I can give blood to anybody! Unfortunately it's really hard to find my veins and the blood travels so slow or doesn't go at all. I almost passed out trying to give blood because they had to stab me with that dang needle so many times. :mellow:

• 3 years later...

I actually asked my doctor if he had my blood type on file, and he said that they don't carry records of that.

I was confused by this...

How does my primary physician not have my blood type on file?

He told me that, in order to find out, I had to donate blood.