Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S02:E08 - Have You Seen This Dragon?

Ashen Pathfinder

Title: Have You Seen This Dragon?
Release Date: September 26, 2022
Written By: Kelly Lynn D'Angelo
Synopsis: First it was Sunny's lantern. Now Sparky is gone! So it's all hooves on deck to find Hitch's baby dragon buddy ASAPP — as soon as pony-possible.

NOTE: Episode is only available on NetFlix for the foreseeable future. Please keep that in mind!

Better than chapter 1 that's for sure... But still a bit too boring... I had to skip the scenes where they tried to find the dragon...

All in all.... Just another lots of questions to be answered... Why dragon fire? Is opaline really an alicorn?

I think the writers didn't even reviewed or study gen 4.

I think canonically.... Gen 5 is NOT connected with gen 4... I mean if we did then gen 5 is garbage unless they canbproperly explain all this things they keep making up.

Dragon fire? Unity crystals? No elements of harmony? Young twilight sparkle alicorn!? 

And why is opaline a small alicorn if she ruled/ fought twilight many moons ago!?

And im thinking twilight is still alive I guess? Opaline did say they where immortal unless she was able to kill twilight. Or twilight is trapped in the moon or in the sun or limbo... Maybe limbo...

Then Equestria girls is gonna come back again...

And also, so many toy advertising placement... Ughhh....

So all in all...

What's important or to remember is...

Twilight sparkle.

Opaline

Dragon fire. 

Outside the forcefield....

Anything I missed?

And what is up with that switching cutie marks!? *Face hoof*

What dragon fire has to do with Opalines magic? And what was that Misty said about her being made of fire, was this metaphorical or actually relevant? Nice tease for what is about to come. 

It was a good, I loved the scenes with Misty, she has some nice moves but when not paying attention she is clumsy. It was cute.

The episode had good humor and the story was engaging, Hitch losing it a bit there was hilarious in my opinion. Also, Izzy channeling her inner pinkie pie with the instruments XD, and Pipps reaction to that video was top notch, actually her small comments here and there are really good.  

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Toastypk said:

Pretty good one! All the Misty abuse at the end was pretty sad, though.

Hitch going off the deep end was funny too. He even got Zoom and Thunder involved somehow!

large.png

I guess they are secretly Hitch fans. :ButtercupLaugh:

This is potentially my favorite episode from what we have seen of chapter 2 thus far! The stakes, while not world-endangering, were extremely personal for Hitch & co. and I can appreciate the anxiety felt by everyone. We even had some nice humorous moment that were well placed!

Misty tho...gawd; that ending really broke my heart and I kinda HATE it ended like that as she fucking deserves the world and all the love in it.

Still; GREAT episode!

• Brohoof 1

This is by far my favorite episode of the batch, and that's rightfully so, since it's the finale of the episodes we have so far. There wasn't a single joke I didn't find amusing, I have to laugh in disbelief at that Batman parody scene with Hitch (so there was some truth to those fake Stallion-Do-Well leaks, who would've thought? XD), Misty is at her most likable with the perfect combination of competence and incompetence as a villain in addition to making me feel genuinely sorry for her at the end, and of course, my favorite character, Hitch, is also at his most likable in showing how much he cares about Sparky and being a good caretaker for him. 1d19BE8.png 

• Brohoof 2

Eh...I'll give this one some props for not being the usual type of "oh no, Sparky!" episode, and I suppose there is some tension here.  I really hope Hitch isn't going to always come with a side of Sparky from now on.  I'm actually starting to appreciate his fondness for animals, even though it was poorly built up in the beginning.  However, baby characters in my experience are net neutrals at best, and detriments to a show at worst.  Such characters usually come into a series in the later seasons, so I don't think it's a good sign that Sparky has been introduced so early on.  With that said, at least the shenanigans were kept to a minimum, and are done differently than usual.

We do get freakout Hitch, who is definitely not my favourite Hitch.  How did he think dressing up like a child trying to dress up like a superhero and doing a Batman voice was going to bring Sparky back?  Props to the VA for having to say "Operation Glitterbomb".  I think he did all he could with that line.  Izzy is only moderate annoying, and I think she makes a Pinkie reference here.  It's a Season 1 reference too, which is good because only Season 1 of FiM is on Netflix right now.  Hopefully more will be added back soon.  Zipp is practical as usual.  Sunny is right as usual.  I'm kind of glad Pipp got to do something useful for a change though, other than using her influencer position to drum up support, which is admittedly useful, but we've seen that from her before.

I guess Chapter 2 isn't the end of the season, as the story is still going.  Ummm...yeah, this one's not my favourite episode, but I suppose it's not my least favourite either.  Much like Episode 7, I don't think it lives up to the hype either, but here's hoping Chapter 3 delivers.  

I love all of this, really. Misty's situation is quite sad and I am really curious to see what happens with Opaline - why she became what she is. Hitch here is just truly charming, he truly is a great father. The song was just adorable. 

"I've never met a heart so cold." kind of hit me hard, not gonna lie. Opaline's reaction when she gets the dragonfire is just almost intoxicating for me to watch...I can't wait for more of this!

• Brohoof 2

This episode is kind of similar to the previous one, they searched for the lantern and now they search for Sparky, and in both cases they don't find out it's Misty who did it. I hoped the last episode would push the story forward somehow, but it's really just more or less status quo. There are some emotional moments for Misty though, it seems like a preparation for her to join the good side in the future, and become the "Starlight Glimmer" or this series. Overall not a bad episode, but I hoped for more.

• Brohoof 1