Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I watched the eps

i feel hasbros mlp is to be something that thar bothers me 

opaline feels very one dimensional the earlier gens had more bette villains Misty has more opportunity so I hope for her to grow up

tue villain aspect in g5 dissapoimts me

It looks like we will be in mare time bay for tjis chaote

On 2022-09-21 at 10:52 AM, Queen Chrysalis said:

My power comes partially from the changelings, so when they abandoned me, sadly I became weaker.

You're joking, right?

Or you based your question on fan created content. I can't wait for humans to start asking you about Fluffle Puff!

Fluffle what now?

Edited by Ashen Pathfinder

Misty has A LOT of opportunity as a character but not so much as a villain, I mean it's a cliche you can see from a mile away, 

As for "being in Maretime Bay" I honestly hope that the actual "fight" (which hopefully we do get to see something cool seeing as we have got a glimpse into what Opaline amplified power kind of looks like) takes place in Maretime Bay rather than a nameless empty castle, like I hope Opaline comes to retrieve Sparky herself after she realizes Misty doesn't have the capability/rotten heart to actually follow through, and there is a little bit of excitement in the bay... 

I do want to explore more of Bridlewood and Zephyr Heights seeing as we aren't given the same kind of dimensions/ first pony perspective in these places outside the movie.. like Izzy literally goes back to Bridlewood to fix up her "bedazzle cart"(lol) and we don't see a second of her actually being there despite part of the plot being about her literally returning to her roots for inspiration... 

Opaline is kind of boring and predictable as a villain, but Misty is interesting, maybe Opaline will slip up and run her mouth in front of Misty about how she made up all that BS about Twilight and that she actually kidnapped Misty and then watch Misty go all, "nope it's friendship time" on Opaline like she'll do something/say something of literal/sentimental importance that ultimately saves the day... At least that's how it plays out in my head.

• Brohoof 1

Opaline and Misty remind me a lot of Duke Igthorn and Toadie from Disney's The Adventure of The Gummi Bears.

The moment Misty didn't reform the moment she was together with the Mane 5, was the moment she became that "lesser of value" lackey. And Opaline has no concept of anything but standing in her castle and.....? Yea, talking. She keeps sending Misty out to do things for her, and Misty comes back empty handed as usual.
A real villain would dispose of a lackey like Misty, in a quite horrible way not suited for a children's show.

Opaline and Misty gave me smiles from time to time not just because of a few of their interactions, but mainly cause it reminded me of how I wrote Queen Chrysalis and her daughter in my own story. But there was just something that felt a bit off of Opaline and Misty, and in a review of Chapter 2 I realized what it is, there should've been an actual genuine relationship between the two. Like how lots of us fans have been speculating on if Misty will turn on Opaline or not, it makes it less interesting cause instead of Misty being like "Yes, you saved my life and we're there for me when I needed you, but I'm gonna have to join friendship for the greater good of my life." it's gonna be like "Yeah you saved me but that's all you really did and were just a jerk to me so I'm leaving." As I said before, I've written a dynamic extremely similar to this, but it was only when Chrysalis's daughter was doing less of her duties and being honest that the Queen became more like someone like Opaline as opposed to earlier in my story where there's a moment when Chrissy got a bit in over her head and her daughter comforted her and Chrissy gave her daughter confidence and spirit. And because of that when her daughter finally leaves her it makes it more impact full because of their clearly once sweet relationship with one another. I just wish that was what the writers did for Misty.

• Brohoof 1

On 9/27/2022 at 3:05 PM, Reform Conundrum said:

Izzy literally goes back to Bridlewood to fix up her "bedazzle cart"(lol) and we don't see a second of her actually being there despite part of the plot being about her literally returning to her roots for inspiration... 

THIS. I really hated it! And disappointed me the fact we couldn't see more "worlds" than Maretime Bay.

I'll be honest. Misty keeps me interested, because clearly there will be some redemption story and the fact she lacks Cutie Mark while already being a grown up is also a detail that can provide with really captivating plot. However cliche redemption arcs may be considered - I will always enjoy stories, where the good prevails without having to resort to defeating and beating up the bad (as much as sometimes that's sadly necesarry and I bet that will be the case with Opaline). 

And speaking of Opaline... here I am more mixed. She's a "villain" to the bone in a very simple way. I feel like her only motivation is "more power" and her plans have obvious flaws that anyone can see before these get executed. She seems completely clueless about events of the wide world assuming everyone to share her moral compass for some reason. Correct me if I am wrong, but that's how Opaline feels to me unfortunately. One dimensional and... rather simple, being pointlessly evil. I hope that she'll receive more character development and be more fleshed out, because as of today Misty is far more interesting from this duo.

• Brohoof 2

I’m going to post this picture again:

mistyminion.png.fd5311833e4fc5afefc9e4e631246bab.png

When it comes to Misty as a character, she’s acting innocent and stupid around Opaline as a gag. By default, she looks sad and confused in promotional views such as in Chapter 1 and in the intro, giving us a view of her as unhappy around Opaline, like she’s being scolded for simply existing.

However, when she has been sent on missions, she has not done a single thing to change who she is. She has not questioned herself. She has not done anything correctly either, like in Chapter 2 episode 8, having the Brighthouse all to herself, even at the end when the Mane 5 simply decided to go and watch the sunset, she could have at least stolen the lantern. She had about 3 moments when she could have stolen the lantern for Opaline in that episode and still got home with the dragon magic as well.

But she cried at the end, so she will get redeemed.

Opaline is as generic of a main villain as you can get. She does nothing but scold her servant, and hasn’t even gone on missions herself. She would be better off as a school teacher, giving homework with that accent of hers.

But villains aside, you need good Good Guys to have something to compare against. What is Sunny supposed to be doing anyways? Is she uniting ponies, or just completely forgetting she met Misty twice, and care more about Izzy’s feelings than welcoming the new pony? There were times when I saw the worst in friendship decisions when they completely ignored Misty to the point where they were always surprised she came back to the sleep over.

This show is not about friendship. It doesn’t have a title card after the intro saying “developed for television by Lauren Faust”. So where are these villains going to end up? What happened to Sprout, the previous villain? 

Lastly, Opaline’s quest for magic has this drug addiction to it. If she has an addiction to magic (as she did show by inhaling the dragon magic), so should the rest of the ponies. I don’t understand this quest for having magic in the first place. Wasn’t it the uniting of the pony races that was the main thing?

Misty only wants her Cutie Mark. Why doesn’t she have one to begin with??? Seriously give me an answer to this one. And also, why does she need one?

• The title was changed to G5's villains