Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your rules when searching for a new home?

Reecejackox

• The title was changed to What are your rules when searching for a new home?

I have plenty of requests, but I've found having 2 bathrooms is absolutely necessary. Cannot function otherwise.

Currently we're looking to move from an apartment to a house. We need more square footage, storage, and reliable parking. We could make do with what we have if we had a garage, but a little privacy and a yard would be wonderful.

Good question, I haven't done a lot of thinking about a home in particular so much as the broader aspects like the safety, proximity to stores, restaurants, hospitals, etc., access to public transportation, politics, climate, etc.

The finer details matter as to how many people I'm living with. If I'm on my own, I'm happy with an apartment with one bedroom, one bathroom and a shared kitchen/living room. That's the kind of apartment I have lived in before and was happy with it. I'd definitely need it to be on the first floor this time, though. Definitely needs to be pet friendly.

For a home, ideally three bathrooms. That would be the best arrangement for my family.

If my family moves with me, I'm afraid we won't be able to have that kind of home. Prices are just too high. Especially in the better areas of the country. You get what you pay for. =/ Don't know what in the world we can expect if we all move together. A lot of factors could come into play, we'll see.

• 3 weeks later...