Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ancestry

Mali

So I can´t shake the feeling that the G5 Mane 5 are supposed to portray far off decendants of the G4 Mane 6.

It´s pretty much all but implied that Hitch is supposedly a direct decendant of Fluttershy, with him having literally the exact same ability to talk to animals (which yes is a natural ability and not something he would have learned, since he doesn´t really seem to know what to do with it and can´t seem to turn it off either).

One could argue that Izzy would probably be decended from Rarity, with her being an artistically gifted unicorn, but I personally think Pinky Pie is a far better match, considering their similar personalities and Pinky´s own creativity and while the unicorn gene could have literally come from anywhere, this could also be considered a nice gateway into my theory that Pinky Pie´s bloodline at some point crossed paths with Twilight Sparkle´s, the result of which was one Sunny Starscout (and possibly Izzy too, but she might as well be from another branch of Pinky Pie´s bloodline). Sunny is clearly meant to mirror Twilight with her high intellect and curiosity, her blatant disregard of anything she doesn´t believe in and of course her easy transition from no magic at all into full Alicorn power, but she´s a lot more happy-go-lucky than her G4 counterpart and appears to care far less about what other people think of her, which, along with her impressive reasearching and cataloging skills, are all traits notably seen in Pinky Pie throughout G4.

And finally we have the royal siblings, who I believe to be decended from both Rarity and Rainbow Dash, with each sister exhibiting notable traits of one of the two. Pipp being the fashionable influencer and an artistic prodigy and Zipp proving to be the best flyer, even while she can´t actually fly at all.

As for Apple Jack, if we consider the sheer extent of the Apple Family I don´t think it would be too much of a stretch to assume that most if not all of the Mane 5 are related to her in one way or another. (Plus there´s the whole Pie´s and Apples might be related, so there´s that.) Though I could actually see Hitch´s character as being seen as a combination of Apple Jack and Fluttershy, with him being a srtong-willed earth-pony with a storng sence of justice alongside his involuntary animal-magnetism.

Although animals always had a natural affinity toward Hitch, his ability to actually communicate with them didn't start until he received control over Earth Pony magic, Hitch had to warm up to his love for animals, Fluttershy was naturally an empath and an animal lover, Fluttershy was a pegasus originally alien to animals on the ground seemingly, that was what we could take away from the cutie mark episode, it was her first encounter of animal life in Equestria and the fact that she is a pegasus with no magic just flight dismisses that there is some inherent magical trait that could have been passed down from her to him, I mean it's possible I suppose that Fluttershy reproduced with presumably Discord(if that's even possible) and they had some crossbreed filly that was later able to breed with other ponies, but Hitch? Hitch the long time descendant of Discords DNA? Really not seeing that, be funny in the comics Discord says some "grandpappy shit" xD nah that ain't happening. Also we know that Fluttershys ability to directly communicate with animals seems circumstantial, as she never literally talks to animals in a communicative sense until Angel becomes her as a Pony temporarily via Zecoras potion... I think animals understand her, and I think she has a general understanding of animals, but again this is just  from her being an empath and animals respecting the way she treats them, not secret Earth Pony magic, she's a pegasus... 

Izzy we see slobbering over pancakes in TYT, smearing peanut butter all over other ponies phones, she is extremely rude and uncouth and I'm not sure that this is just a unicorn way of life inherently rather something that seems really specific to her, sound like Rarity? Not a whole lot tbh... As for being related to Pinkie, Pinkie I don't really see in the same artistic light that I perceive Izzy in, Izzy some how refurbished a cart and she is kind of a crafter, not so much an artist in the same sense, I mean yes she's obviously an artist, but being creative and being unique don't have to go in tandem. And technically via "Pinkie Apple Pie" if ANY of these ponies were related to Pinkie Pie that would immediately suggest they would be related to Applejack/Apple family inherently.. maybe there was a period of time in Equestria where ponies became more liberal about their mates, but the really only canonical interracial ship is Mr. And Mrs. Cake and Fluttershy and Discord, the chances would seem very slim especially after multiple generations of being split and only communicating/reproducing with their respective races... anyways Izzy is more of an airheaded savant, and Pinkie is a hyper active socialite.. 

Twilight was inherently reluctant to form friendships, she is interested in science, lore and factual knowledge about the world of Equestria which in my mind may be one of the only real similarities (interest in the lore of Equestria) aside from being an alicorn that Twilight and Sunny have in common.. Sunny is of high compassion, she doesn't have any anxiety or reluctance as Twilight does and goes about solving her problems head on, and with her heart as her conscience something Twilight develops over the course of 9 seasons of character building, she doesn't come right out the gate as Sunny does wearing her heart on her sleeve, but then again Sunny was raised by Argyle who had instilled these notions of pony unity into her mind since she was a young filly. She is of high emotional competence and she doesn't really spend her free time exercising her mind, rather nurturing the ponies of Maretime Bay with smoothies... Also the scene where Opaline tricks her with that mirror(whoosh) she was one track minded about being an alicorn.. Twilight needs to have reasons and tactical input and a well thought out approach to solving her problems, Sunny faces these problems with the utmost confidence in herself and in her friends an is a lot more emotional about her decision making... Twilight literally has Pinkie just be her friendly self in the Movie 2017 as a manipulative clever distraction to literally STEAL the pearl from the seaponies sounds like somepony was being "Maximum sneaky".. there's sneaky then there's using your friends like props to screw over good ponies lol, as for being an alicorn, only time will tell, if this is a kind of magic unique to Sunny because there has never been another alicorn like her, that literally awakens magical capability when it is morally prevalent and putting an emphasis on her character strong points, Twilight was always inherently an alicorn after her transformation even when she was acting like a total jerk, I mean it's not like it was possible for her to "lose her wings"... Sunnys alicorn magic seems very closely tied to her circumstances and her emotions, not a reward for her successes... 

It is true that Rarity was a member of the Ponytones and (my favorite singer in the group at that seeing as Fluttershy doesn't sing in her actual beautiful voice.) But I think yes the closest to two being comparable with one each other is probably Pipp and Rarity, however Rarity we know needs privacy, and focus to keep her "trending", not constant attention in a world of modern communications(which in itself may have greatly impacted Pipps character) had these things not been relevant Pipp may be a completely different pony...

Zipp is a detail oriented, detective that asks hard questions, Rainbow when we first meet her kind of jumps right to conclusions, she is emotionally influenced in her personality as well, now we know from my second favorite Rainbow episode "Testing Testing 1,2,3" that Rainbows attention to detail only inherently comes from when she is actually flying, otherwise she is pretty self involved and doesn't absorb small details, Zipp is obsessed with small details, she goes out of her way to understand what is going on with others, but when the lantern goes missing, or rather when Misty is first being sus of the year, Zipp stays quiet and keeps absorbing all the information rather than just coming right out and saying something like "are you a spy?" She waits till she feels she has irrefutable proof that she can pin it on her like a good detective would.. 

The only "honest" correlation I could see is the strong and dependable and down to Earth qualities shared between AJ, and Hitch which are seemingly completely abandoned in the transition from A New Generation to Make Your Mark... 

In reality I believe Hasbro was just trying to create relatable personality dynamics, even more so (in their minds) than the Mane 6 which is funny to me bc of how relatable all of the Mane 6 we're excluding Twilight (delusional bronies that think bc they're obsessive compulsive they are some kind of perfect humanitarian empathetic genius who is just like Twilight when they couldnt be further apart in reality) I just think the modern spin, social media influencer, and maybe wanting any sensitive young boys that could be absorbing this material to be inspired to be a righteous sense of justice(although I actually believe Hitch is for the young girls in many ways), his charm is showing a man being openly empathetic towards animals is well... Attractive... Zipp they did some extra recon with, THEY GAVE ZIPP that opening 40+ plus minute special and put extra character emphasis on her so you would know SHE IS NOT a Rainbow Dash clone, she has very  unique personality quirks and pressures she's trying to avoid bc she is trying to figure out how she is, flying is just something she is naturally good at, but not the focal point of her character, being a detective that asks tough questions and gets all the details and solves problems is.. I'm not calling Rainbow a follower, but Zipp has a level of competence that makes her more independent. Sunny is to put emphasis on the sentiment that if you don't take these types of chances and be brave, you really don't know what could happen, she isn't hindered as a simple "slushie stands girl" it's just a career/job she is maintaining in the meantime to keep herself supported and to keep the ponies of Maretime Bay happy, It's NOT her "purpose" just something she does and does well, and this is telling the young crowd that your emotional purpose in life/ your sentiments, your obligations aren't just tied to a simple task, they put a little more subliminal emphasis on this at the end of Pipps new Podcast which if you haven't seen you should check it out.. but anyways, Sunny has the heart of a leader, she likes to take chances, she doesn't let others shit on her dreams, she keeps trying even when it looks like it's a lost cause, and it's just a matter of saying don't give up, and in the meantime, keep slinging those slushies girl.. Izzy is our new Pinkie Pie in a way, but looking at the general tone of the humour in Gen.5 they are trying to make all the characters more entertaining for younger viewers, Izzy is unique in a lot of ways she's pretty well thought out at times and very creative but pretty random and childish, I don't want to think her personality is so generic, but from ANG to MYM they have taken a lot out away from what made her unique and interesting, I wondered to myself how she found Maretime Bay to begin with, she's shown as adventurous and curious, not just silly and oblivious or airheaded better yet... Izzy is just the simple, it's okay to be weird girls, be yourself, and that is when you are in your prime and can create or imagine things you wouldn't otherwise be able to by being like everypony else, it helps that they introduce her as a Unicorn, the only unicorn in the group.. ANG was so good, losing Kimiko in Izzy was like the death of half of a character... Anyways that's it, unless you get me thinking xD

Although animals always had a natural affinity toward Hitch, his ability to actually communicate with them didn't start until he received control over Earth Pony magic, Hitch had to warm up to his love for animals, Fluttershy was naturally an empath and an animal lover, Fluttershy was a pegasus originally alien to animals on the ground seemingly, that was what we could take away from the cutie mark episode, it was her first encounter of animal life in Equestria and the fact that she is a pegasus with no magic just flight dismisses that there is some inherent magical trait that could have been passed down from her to him, I mean it's possible I suppose that Fluttershy reproduced with presumably Discord(if that's even possible) and they had some crossbreed filly that was later able to breed with other ponies, but Hitch? Hitch the long time descendant of Discords DNA? Really not seeing that, be funny in the comics Discord says some "grandpappy shit" xD nah that ain't happening. Also we know that Fluttershys ability to directly communicate with animals seems circumstantial, as she never literally talks to animals in a communicative sense until Angel becomes her as a Pony temporarily via Zecoras potion... I think animals understand her, and I think she has a general understanding of animals, but again this is just  from her being an empath and animals respecting the way she treats them, not secret Earth Pony magic, she's a pegasus...

You're forgetting "The Cutie Map" when Starlight steals their cutie marks, and this leaves Fluttershy unable to understand or communicate with the birds from the cottage she and the rest are locked up in, which suggests that magic (though cutie mark magic, not earth pony magic) does play a role in her communication. She also does admonish animals on various occasions for use of coarse language and being otherwise rude, which suggests more than a rudimentary or general understanding but a clear one. I see no reason that it couldn't be possible for Fluttershy and Discord to reproduce, since Discord is clearly able to alter his physical appearance and traits on a whim, there's really no reason he couldn't make himself more compatible with her, or her more compatible with him. That being said, I'll agree that it does seem unlikely that Hitch is distantly related to either of them, but perhaps Fluttershy's unique magic became less unique in the interim? Perhaps it was that that was in some way passed down? Or maybe when all of the magic was taken and sealed away, that left her unable to communicate with her animal friends (honestly, it seems like this course of action would have been devastating to all of the Mane 6 and makes me question the reasoning of Twilight doing such a thing) it was dispersed into the magic of Equetria and when magic was returned, Hitch was the closest parallel to Fluttershy within the mane cast, or the group of ponies responsible for unique the chunks of the crystal.

Izzy we see slobbering over pancakes in TYT, smearing peanut butter all over other ponies phones, she is extremely rude and uncouth and I'm not sure that this is just a unicorn way of life inherently rather something that seems really specific to her, sound like Rarity? Not a whole lot tbh... As for being related to Pinkie, Pinkie I don't really see in the same artistic light that I perceive Izzy in, Izzy some how refurbished a cart and she is kind of a crafter, not so much an artist in the same sense, I mean yes she's obviously an artist, but being creative and being unique don't have to go in tandem. And technically via "Pinkie Apple Pie" if ANY of these ponies were related to Pinkie Pie that would immediately suggest they would be related to Applejack/Apple family inherently.. maybe there was a period of time in Equestria where ponies became more liberal about their mates, but the really only canonical interracial ship is Mr. And Mrs. Cake and Fluttershy and Discord, the chances would seem very slim especially after multiple generations of being split and only communicating/reproducing with their respective races... anyways Izzy is more of an airheaded savant, and Pinkie is a hyper active socialite.. 

Izzy was entirely alone for an unspecified but rather long period of time. She shows multiple signs of being out of touch or almost savage in her mannerisms, until there is some communication that has her tell them she was just doing what they do because she's never had roommates before. She has said she has insomnia "most nights" and we have unexplained bags under her eyes ever since she began staying at the Crystal Brighthouse. I think we can attribute the majority of her uncouth behaviors to having little exposure to social situations until the most recent events. I'm worried that her current trajectory has her approaching suicidal levels of depression. But she is crafty, good at designing things, it's like Pinkie's personality got infested with Rarity's cutie mark magic. So again, perhaps the cutie mark magic from the Mane 6 has found new homes in ponies from a distant time in the future.

Twilight was inherently reluctant to form friendships, she is interested in science, lore and factual knowledge about the world of Equestria which in my mind may be one of the only real similarities (interest in the lore of Equestria) aside from being an alicorn that Twilight and Sunny have in common.. Sunny is of high compassion, she doesn't have any anxiety or reluctance as Twilight does and goes about solving her problems head on, and with her heart as her conscience something Twilight develops over the course of 9 seasons of character building, she doesn't come right out the gate as Sunny does wearing her heart on her sleeve, but then again Sunny was raised by Argyle who had instilled these notions of pony unity into her mind since she was a young filly. She is of high emotional competence and she doesn't really spend her free time exercising her mind, rather nurturing the ponies of Maretime Bay with smoothies... Also the scene where Opaline tricks her with that mirror(whoosh) she was one track minded about being an alicorn.. Twilight needs to have reasons and tactical input and a well thought out approach to solving her problems, Sunny faces these problems with the utmost confidence in herself and in her friends an is a lot more emotional about her decision making... Twilight literally has Pinkie just be her friendly self in the Movie 2017 as a manipulative clever distraction to literally STEAL the pearl from the seaponies sounds like somepony was being "Maximum sneaky".. there's sneaky then there's using your friends like props to screw over good ponies lol, as for being an alicorn, only time will tell, if this is a kind of magic unique to Sunny because there has never been another alicorn like her, that literally awakens magical capability when it is morally prevalent and putting an emphasis on her character strong points, Twilight was always inherently an alicorn after her transformation even when she was acting like a total jerk, I mean it's not like it was possible for her to "lose her wings"... Sunnys alicorn magic seems very closely tied to her circumstances and her emotions, not a reward for her successes... 

I think Twilight has more in common with Zipp, actually. Although Zipp is the superior flyer, which is odd for a pony who was never able to fly from the day she was born until shortly after meeting the other 2 tribes and helping with a jail break. Anyway, she enjoys investigating things and putting together clues to form something like an answer. She gets closer than she realizes. Sure, she's not the intellectual powerhouse Twilight could be argued to be, but I still think there's more in common between the two of them as Zipp is the least quick to share in social things or be part of things. While that could be argued to in line with Rainbow as well, Zipp doesn't show too much inherent loyalty, that seems to develop a little over time.

It is true that Rarity was a member of the Ponytones and (my favorite singer in the group at that seeing as Fluttershy doesn't sing in her actual beautiful voice.) But I think yes the closest to two being comparable with one each other is probably Pipp and Rarity, however Rarity we know needs privacy, and focus to keep her "trending", not constant attention in a world of modern communications(which in itself may have greatly impacted Pipps character) had these things not been relevant Pipp may be a completely different pony...

Pipp is greatly concerned with the happiness of her fans, and the validation which comes from satisfying them and getting reactions on her streaming platforms, rather than the platforms themselves. There's a bit of emotional dependence there, and she's not actually all that subtle about it. But, Pipp does open a salon and get to styling manes and making ponies look and feel fabulous, so there's some entrepreneur in her character, of course she does have a more solid backing with her royal lineage and social status to begin with. Rarity worked her way up to it, she didn't come from wealth or high society, as you can see her parents fit neither mold. Pipp could be said to have had what she has handed to her on a silver platter, but that doesn't change how she's worked for what she has. In this way, though, she ends up being more like Twilight Sparkle who was taken in by Princess Celestia at a young age and had some degree of advantage in life as a result of that. This is not meant to take away her many legitimate accomplishments, as everything she did after moving to Ponyville was almost entirely down to her and her friends' efforts and not Celestia's interventions.

Still, Pipp might sing beautifully, but she clearly does not have any manner of shyness or stage fright, and none of the Mane Six really had a specialty in music to draw a comparison from. You're right, Fluttershy is the closest, but singing is exactly where the similarities end.

Zipp is a detail oriented, detective that asks hard questions, Rainbow when we first meet her kind of jumps right to conclusions, she is emotionally influenced in her personality as well, now we know from my second favorite Rainbow episode "Testing Testing 1,2,3" that Rainbows attention to detail only inherently comes from when she is actually flying, otherwise she is pretty self involved and doesn't absorb small details, Zipp is obsessed with small details, she goes out of her way to understand what is going on with others, but when the lantern goes missing, or rather when Misty is first being sus of the year, Zipp stays quiet and keeps absorbing all the information rather than just coming right out and saying something like "are you a spy?" She waits till she feels she has irrefutable proof that she can pin it on her like a good detective would.. 

Yes, she does all that. Which is why I think she's closer to Twilight than to Rainbow, personally.

The only "honest" correlation I could see is the strong and dependable and down to Earth qualities shared between AJ, and Hitch which are seemingly completely abandoned in the transition from A New Generation to Make Your Mark...

I mean, Hitch regains some of that, he just seems to go overboard which his policies and such as he struggles to protect Maretime Bay from utter chaos. He grew up with the rumors of Unicorns having teeth like tacks, and horns like razors, and pegasi doing unspeakable violent things, he's still adjusting to the new reality of the truth of the other tribes. He's also fighting to keep the Earth ponies from alienating themselves with their rather strong magic proving, at times, to be dangerous. I think he's just trying to fit a whole new worldview into his psyche, and it's challenging him.

In reality I believe Hasbro was just trying to create relatable personality dynamics, even more so (in their minds) than the Mane 6 which is funny to me bc of how relatable all of the Mane 6 we're excluding Twilight (delusional bronies that think bc they're obsessive compulsive they are some kind of perfect humanitarian empathetic genius who is just like Twilight when they couldnt be further apart in reality) I just think the modern spin, social media influencer, and maybe wanting any sensitive young boys that could be absorbing this material to be inspired to be a righteous sense of justice(although I actually believe Hitch is for the young girls in many ways), his charm is showing a man being openly empathetic towards animals is well... Attractive... Zipp they did some extra recon with, THEY GAVE ZIPP that opening 40+ plus minute special and put extra character emphasis on her so you would know SHE IS NOT a Rainbow Dash clone, she has very  unique personality quirks and pressures she's trying to avoid bc she is trying to figure out how she is, flying is just something she is naturally good at, but not the focal point of her character, being a detective that asks tough questions and gets all the details and solves problems is.. I'm not calling Rainbow a follower, but Zipp has a level of competence that makes her more independent. Sunny is to put emphasis on the sentiment that if you don't take these types of chances and be brave, you really don't know what could happen, she isn't hindered as a simple "slushie stands girl" it's just a career/job she is maintaining in the meantime to keep herself supported and to keep the ponies of Maretime Bay happy, It's NOT her "purpose" just something she does and does well, and this is telling the young crowd that your emotional purpose in life/ your sentiments, your obligations aren't just tied to a simple task, they put a little more subliminal emphasis on this at the end of Pipps new Podcast which if you haven't seen you should check it out.. but anyways, Sunny has the heart of a leader, she likes to take chances, she doesn't let others shit on her dreams, she keeps trying even when it looks like it's a lost cause, and it's just a matter of saying don't give up, and in the meantime, keep slinging those slushies girl.. Izzy is our new Pinkie Pie in a way, but looking at the general tone of the humour in Gen.5 they are trying to make all the characters more entertaining for younger viewers, Izzy is unique in a lot of ways she's pretty well thought out at times and very creative but pretty random and childish, I don't want to think her personality is so generic, but from ANG to MYM they have taken a lot out away from what made her unique and interesting, I wondered to myself how she found Maretime Bay to begin with, she's shown as adventurous and curious, not just silly and oblivious or airheaded better yet... Izzy is just the simple, it's okay to be weird girls, be yourself, and that is when you are in your prime and can create or imagine things you wouldn't otherwise be able to by being like everypony else, it helps that they introduce her as a Unicorn, the only unicorn in the group.. ANG was so good, losing Kimiko in Izzy was like the death of half of a character... Anyways that's it, unless you get me thinking xD

Oh definitely so. I wish they were more in-depth with canon and lore, creating a better and less jarring transition from thing to the next. Some of it feels like back-pedaling as they're called out for utterly destroying G4 with the lore of G5, and so on.

But, yes, they are definitely creating relatable personalities and marketable toys as they develop the characters and gadgets constantly.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...