Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

This is another game that I've made in Scratch. It is inspired by a game that already exists in MLP FIM.

Buckball Game.sb3

This is an SB3 file. Watch this video to see how to open SB3 files:

Instructions:

This game is played by two teams, each team having a unicorn, an earth pony and a pegasus. The red team uses keys W and S, and the blue team uses arrow keys.

Use keys W or up arrow for the pegasi and S or down arrow for the earth ponies.

At the beginning of the game, a ball is being thrown, and one of the two earth ponies has to kick the ball. The first one to kick the ball is the one who starts the game. When the ball is kicked, it will be sent towards the basket of the same color. If the ball reaches the basket, then that team scores. But if the pegasus in the opposite team catches the ball, then they can send the ball towards the other earth pony. Then, that earth pony must kick the ball towards their basket, or else it's game over. The pegasus might catch the ball and send it back to the previdious earth pony.

This cycle repeats until the ball reaches one of the baskets, or until the earth ponies fail to kick the ball. After that, you can continue playing, or go back to the main menu to change the game mode.

This game has 4 different game modes:

- PC with two players mode, where you can play on PC against a friend;

- PC against AI mode, where you can play against your PC (this one is very difficult, and you will eventually win if you can trick the AI into making a wrong move);

- Mobile with two players mode, where you can play on mobile against a friend;

- Mobile against AI mode, where you can play against AI on your mobile device (again, it's difficult, but possible).

Spoiler

I had originally planned to also give control to the unicorns and baskets. But unfortunately, I couldn't get it just right. So instead, you can only control the earth ponies and pegasi.

I've made this game a while ago, and it took me quite a lot of hard work. I hope you, guys, will appreciate my hard work. There might still be glitches in the game, but I hope you will enjoy it anyways!

Please tell me what is your final score and which game mode did you choose. And please let me know what do you think of this game.

Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more quality videos.

Have fun!

• Brohoof 2

I'm not good at the rules for Buckball. I never understood the game when they explained it in the show. I managed to lose a lot against the AI.

How does the mobile with two players mode work?

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Splashee said:

I'm not good at the rules for Buckball. I never understood the game when they explained it in the show. I managed to lose a lot against the AI.

How does the mobile with two players mode work?

Don't worry! I also didn't quite understand the Buckball game the first time I saw it in the show. But after a while, I managed to understand it perfectly. If you want, I can teach you how does it work, so you can also get an idea about it!

For the mobile with two players mode, you just have to share your mobile device with a friend. You tap with your fingers on the ponies in your team, and your friend taps on the ponies in their team. Basically, this mode only works on a mobile device and has two players.

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Balt said:

Fun Fact: I've played IRL Buckball at WCPC and PVCF. Teams i play with usually place 2nd. 

This is awesome! But how did you manage to set up an IRL version of Buckball? The Buckball game has unicorns and pegasi in it. So, how did you do?

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, LCpony417 said:

This is awesome! But how did you manage to set up an IRL version of Buckball? The Buckball game has unicorns and pegasi in it. So, how did you do?

The "earth pony" plays offense, The "pegasus" plays defense and the "unicorn" holds the bucket.

4 minutes ago, Balt said:

The "earth pony" plays offense, The "pegasus" plays defense and the "unicorn" holds the bucket.

Oh, so you just have 6 humans standing on the ground?

This is exactly what I was thinking, considering that humans can't fly. Plus that having humans do exactly what earth ponies do in Buckball (and I mean exactly) would look really silly!

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Splashee said:

I like the designs on the pony sprites being "anonymous". It is a good design!

Thank you! I wanted the teams to be easily distinguished by colors, so that's why the ponies only have one color and have anonymous design.