Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You're offered $10k to move back to the first home you remember living in , would you accept?

Reecejackox

No.

The city in which I used to live now has a high crime rate and has become run down/dirty. The money wouldn’t be worth the risk of getting assaulted and living in a now dirty, dilapidated home.

Edited by The Wife of Levi

It's actually closer to work than where I'm living now. And I remember it being cozy. But I don't know if the area itself is all that pleasant nowadays because I rarely drive through that part of the suburbs. So I'd have to look into it first.

I was like 3 and only remembered one thing there. It was a pretty well off area so it wouldn't hurt

Edited by Megas

Heck yes I’d accept! Even though I was born in Pennsylvania, the first place I actually remember is Blacksburg, Virginia. I LOVED Blacksburg when I was little, and I even had a chance to revisit it in 2009. It was a bit different looking to my adult eyes but I still loved it and would move there happily, especially with a 10K check clutched in my sweaty little fist.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

I currently live in that home. Check in with me in half a year to a year and see how I'd answer since I'm moving.

Chances are I'd say no. The house itself is nice and comfy. I'm going to miss it and I'm not happy that we're selling what could have someday been a guaranteed home for me passed down. But the problem is that it's in Oklahoma, where freedoms are gone/being taken away and the climate is downright miserable. I don't think that I can say that this home is sustainable either way going into the future.

So, yeah, as much as I could use $10K, I like having freedoms and safety more.

Would be moving to a different state, it wasn't a bad home or a bad place by any means. Honestly wouldn't mind it too much, as long as I could come back here and visit now and then.