Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01:E31 - Haunted House

Ashen Pathfinder

Title: Haunted House
Release Date: October 13, 2022
Written By: Gretchen Mallorie
Synopsis: N/A

NOTE: Another compilation following the actual episode!

• Brohoof 3

36 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I love that they did more than one of these Nightmare Night shorts! Can't let that Nightmare Moon costume go to waste. :ithastolookpretty:

Same. Super happy they're doing more than one episode of the holiday. Hope they will do the same for the Christmas episodes. :)

• Brohoof 5

Kind of wish Misty's magical pendant was prevalent in both MyM and not just TyT, I know it's for convenience, and I like that about it in a way, that was one of the things in MyM I didnt like was how Opaline could get a bird's eye view simply from Sunny having a mirror in her possession... Apparently you can literally smell the breathe/physically be impacted by someone who uses that magic pendant and shows up in a cloud of smoke... Who knows maybe later on in MyM they will have this, but I doubt it...

• Brohoof 2

Awesome to see two Halloween episodes in a row and it makes me wonder if the rest of the episodes this month will be Halloween themed too.

This episode was really fun too! Not as good as the last one but it was still a good watch and it’s awesome seeing the NMM costume again! :ithastolookpretty:

Misty and Opaline are great characters as usual in this episode and Opaline got a laugh out of me with her “garlic breath”… :laugh:

• Brohoof 6

Once again, Posey is forced to endure yet another magic mishap at her expense. She just can't seem to catch a break, can she? I know it's meant to played for laughs, but sometimes I feel that they are being too spiteful to her. Maybe tone it down a little in future or allow for the chance at her getting some payback of her own.

Misty's disguise turned out to be very effective. It's also a gag where the main characters are oblivious to the fact that it was her. Does it make them gullible? Yes, but it adds to the humour because you can't help but laugh at how they fell for something so obvious.

• Brohoof 2

Last week's Nightmare Night episode was better, but still an enjoyable watch. Sparky getting his way out of the trap with a fart was kind of lame, but I do find it interesting how Pipp is the one who's most into the Nightmare Night spirit. I also chuckled at the ending where Misty has to deal with all those ponies who want to come to the haunted house now. I don't want the show to become repetitive with always focusing on Misty and Opaline's antics, sure, but I wouldn't mind every episode this month being Nightmare Night (Halloween)-themed. 

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

but I do find it interesting how Pipp is the one who's most into the Nightmare Night spirit.

You'd think Sunny Starscout would be REALLY excited for the Nightmare Night stuff because she loves celebrating holidays and learning traditions. 

• Brohoof 3

I liked it as a standalone episode.  It was good:  good humor, good pacing, good acting, good writing.  The haunted house plotline worked and was plausible, and it was well-executed.

What I kind of don't like about it is that Opaline and Misty have kind of taken over the show, at least in the sense that there haven't been any slice of life episodes since those two characters were introduced.  Don't get me wrong:  they do not suck as characters---just the opposite, in fact.  Their dynamic of Vile Villain and Laughable Lackey really works, and it's something the G-4 series never gave us (and that I wished it had), unless you count Grubber in the 2017 movie. 

But...well, I'd like it if some slice of life episodes were mixed in with TYT, or even with MYM.  I think every episode of TYT since Chapter 2 of Make Your Mark was released had Misty and Opaline in it, and...well, none of them have really been slice of life since.  It makes me feel like something's missing in my MLP.

• Brohoof 2

17 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I love that they did more than one of these Nightmare Night shorts! Can't let that Nightmare Moon costume go to waste. :ithastolookpretty:

Yea I love that we get more of Sunny in Nightmare moon costume, I was so happy to see it again! 

• Brohoof 2

I almost forgot to watch this! :yeahno:

This is another solid episode that shows TYT knows it's strengths and just how to have a good time with it. Pipp is just so infectious with her energy and frick; I just wish Misty would kick Opaline to the curb. :c

Overall; solid and fun!

• Brohoof 3

On 2022-10-13 at 7:41 AM, Ashen Pathfinder said:

NOTE: Another compilation following the actual episode!

I like how this compilation includes the previous episode in case you missed it.

I think this tactic of creating compliations is pretty smart because it will gain more views but I just remember how difficult it was to find specific

EQG shorts when they made compilations for those videos. :blush:

On 2022-10-13 at 11:14 PM, Prospekt said:

And the garlic bit was awesome :mlp_laugh:

Opaline is truly evil because no pony would dare to get too close to somepony with garlic breath. :sneer:/:P

• Brohoof 1

Interesting slapstick episode, I suppose.  I'm not huge on Sparky, so I definitely prefer the previous one, but I suppose this one earns points for atmosphere if nothing else.  It's definitely the Misty and Opaline Show now for better or worse.  At least we got a Posey cameo again, though I feel bad every time her garden gets ruined.  So...not my favourite episode, but it's far from the worst.  

I like how the modern technology aspect was used for the episode; how Pipp using social media caused Misty to deal with many ponies who wanted to try the Haunted House.

I don't like it when it feels like they are shoehorning modern technology into the plot but I like it when it leads to good jokes like that one.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight

• 2 weeks later...

Sparky was quite frankly annoying in this one, so was Pipp and Izzy. I liked the concept but not the execution. Misty and Opaline are so well together. How can Opaline's breathe make it through the magic hologram though? It gets on my nerves how they always get away with mistreating Posey...

fun ep, like many of these. Misty operating the haunted house made no sense, but you have to just roll with TyT eps plot-wise

was looking into the significance of the costumes :P Izzy = discord horse, Hitch = top gun horse' Pipp = Rarity ; Sunny = Nightmare Moon; Zipp = Robin Hood?

Spike potty humour again :( 

fave pony was Pipp. This influencer role she has is pretty fun. The end result is exactly what would happen after a celeb visits your haunted house.