Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you wish would've returned?

Gaines

Alt title: What/who do you wish would've returned in future episodes of G4? Like events like Winter Wrap Up, characters like Little Strongheart, or topics/jokes that should be revisited

• Brohoof 1

Stygian to have returned and had a line or two, for sure. Or heck, more of the Pillars in general.

Would have wanted to see Stygian especially during the Pillars vs Tirek scene,  but the more I wondered why they didn't bring their friend and tactics guy, the more I realized that the poor guy very well would have been in serious danger, moreso than the Pillars themselves.

At least he showed up at the finale!

• Brohoof 1

I wish we got more dream episodes after Season 5. There was so much fun to be had with that concept and Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep, while a very fun episode, had plenty of missed potential.

Edited by Lone Traveler
  • Brohoof 1

I wanted another Gala, but one with a Masquerade theme. Also Little Strongheart, but in general the Bulls should have been allowed to come back. The fact they were basically replaced with the Yaks makes me unreasonably mad

Actually, the show had a really bad habit on giving shit no one liked an unreasonable amount of attention(Snips and Snails, Garble, Flim and Flam, the Yaks, BUCKBALL?), but we basically had to beg 5 years for them to finally bring back Lightning Dust, and by the end of the episode it really felt like they actually didn't really want to in the first place since they left her out of the finale

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

I'm going to be very specific here and say "Lauren Faust". Seriously, the show would have looked and felt completely different after Season 1 and a Half!

The show was more innocent and was extremely popular. So I wish Lauren Faust had returned.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...

Kirin and bat ponies! To elaborate, I would have loved to see an other kirin episode with Autumn Blaze playing a small role in it and other kirin getting larger roles and character development. As for bat ponies, I would love to see that there would be an entire bat pony race that exists and not just Luna's guards and Flutterbat. Also, I would like for the bat pony race to be natural-born bat ponies and not ponies who turned into bats because of some mistake involving magic.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The list is massive. The big one for me is Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. The show kinda just forgot about them after their reformation. You could argue that there wasn't anything to do with them, but I do not think that's true at all.

Another one I guess is Suri Polomare. With the way the show was going in the last couple of seasons, I was actually genuinely expecting her to show up towards the end for a Rarity episode. I figured they could have her go full antagonist or let her have a reformation of whatever.

Anyways, there are lot more I could list, but the other users here went over some of those.

• Brohoof 1

I know I'm new here and nobody really knows me yet, but I would have loved it if the real Grogar had actually appeared in the show some time. He was after all a real character from gen 1, so would have been nice to see him. Perhaps the real Grogar will show up in gen 5. /fingers crossed/ It will be so cool if he does. If he does ever reappear he would have been trapped in Tambelon for a super looooooong time since gen 1 was like forever ago lol!

And I definitely agree when it comes to Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. It would have been nice to have seen them hang out as good friends with the cmc following their reformation. I could see them doing an episode where the cmc need to solve a friendship problem with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon trying their best to help their new friends only for them to accidentally cause some more problems along the way.

I also wished that Coloratura had made another episode appearance since her episode, The Mane Attraction was among my favorite of the series. It would have been cute for her and AJ to hang out again.

Also we need gen 1 Smooze to return in gen 5. It was so much cooler and much more intimidating than the gen 4 version. Just imagine this smooze attacking Equestria. RIP since the ponies barely stop it in the original movie and oh yeah only the flutter ponies can stop it and since the flutter ponies are nowhere to be seen in FIM well as Zecora would eloquently put it, smooze of purple swallowing up everything in sight without the magical wings of the ponies of flutter they would be doomed!

image.png.557f6aaeb2b6bbf3447bb6ec1263f5b1.png

Edited by Gizmo Gears
  • Brohoof 1

I would have liked to see more of pretty much everypony. But especially Coco (yeah, probably not much of a surprise coming from me). :coco: Her lack of appearances was one of the very few things I didn't like about the later seasons.

We did see Kettle Corn again in season 9, but sadly no haiku. :sunny: It would also have been nice to see best bird Hummingway again – he was adorable in the couple of episodes where he appeared.

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...