Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony The Movie(1986) was originally supposed to have Optimus Prime cameo(yes really)

Megas

Just something I thought was really funny and worth sharing. Originally they were going to have him cameo when one pony was adventuring for help. Hasbro was no fun and shot the idea down

• In an interview, Buzz Dixon claimed that his initial "punch-up" of the script for the original My Little Pony: The Movie would have featured the ponies encountering characters from The Transformers, among other Hasbro franchises.
At one point one of the Little Ponies had to go looking for...something or someone, I forget. I suggested she encounter some of the Transformers and Joes in her search, specifically, a scene where she flies up to Shipwreck who is drinking some amber fluid from a bottle.
Shipwreck would just stare at her in bug-eyed disbelief and she’d fly on, then Shipwreck would smash the bottle, take his cap off his head, put his left hand over his heart and raise his right hand in an oath, muttering frantically under his breath. Hasbro said, "Very funny. No."

I suggested one of the Ponies go look for help against the menace facing them. The first person she would have asked would have been Optimus Prime, the second would have been Shipwreck (who would assume he was suffering from DTs & pour out the beer he was drinking).
Alas, humorless spoilsports cooler heads prevailed and those scenes were never animated…

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/My_Little_Pony#Notes_2

30+ years later and look where we are lol

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

Omg that would be amazing, IDC if they made it, visitors from another planet like space travel, time travel, dimensional travel via equestrian magic, I would eat up every second of an MLP, Transformers crossover

19 minutes ago, Spooky Brony 42 said:

Wow, no I haven't, I usually get a lot of fun facts from the comic buffs, but I havent read a whole lot of the comics myself, but that looks really cool xD I was more into transformers when I was younger, but I haven't been as up to date with what's going on in the transformers world either...

• Brohoof 1

@Spook Conundrum I would say that is more of a Pony comic with Transformers, rather than a Transformers comic with ponies.

I like GI Joe more than Transformers. But I would not have liked the movie to do a crossover. That would be jumping the shark. The movie was actually grim. The villain threatened to cut Spike's head off.

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Spook Conundrum said:

Wow, no I haven't, I usually get a lot of fun facts from the comic buffs, but I havent read a whole lot of the comics myself, but that looks really cool xD I was more into transformers when I was younger, but I haven't been as up to date with what's going on in the transformers world either...

Optimus would've gotten the chance to fight the Snooze:awed:  

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...