Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think MLP FIM ever had an infamous episode?

phantompone1148

1 hour ago, Stancet said:

I know another infamous episode. Daring Don’t. When that episode first aired I remember large numbers of Bronies being upset that Daring Do was revealed to be real.

Oh, I remember that! I never watched it more than once because it is Season 4, and it has a lot of screwed up episodes with pasted wings. But the bronies left (they did pack up and leave at some point after Twilight got wings and went to Equestria Girls) were really upset about Daring Do being real.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Splashee said:

Oh, I remember that! I never watched it more than once because it is Season 4, and it has a lot of screwed up episodes with pasted wings. But the bronies left (they did pack up and leave at some point after Twilight got wings and went to Equestria Girls) were really upset about Daring Do being real.

I was probably too uninformed to figure out why it made the fans upset, but I thought having to rewrite their fanfics was one reason.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-10-24 at 9:54 AM, Uncle Bumper said:

28 Pranks Later, Newbie Dash and Trade Ya are ALL trash that shit all over Rainbow Dash, but in the horrendous case of MY LEAST favorite MLP episode OF ALL TIME, 28 Pranks Later,

Well first of all we basically completely ignore the established taboo of "don't prank Fluttershy" that was agreed upon by Dash herself in season 1, with her being "to sensitive" to prank, and this again I feel is terrible writing specifically intended to make Dash look insensitive much like the other steaming pile "Trade Ya", Dashes known pranks from season 1, never includes anything as serious as putting a skunk on someone's head or a brick in their sandwich, they scaled this to make her look trashy, second, what about "pranking Fluttershy now that's just lazy" and "Whoopi cushion that's a joke short cut" and Rarity talking about putting forth the effort at a prank that "everypony could enjoy" sounds like everyone asking her to stop? They are basically egging her on step up the pranking? well a harmless prank like turning your teeth different colors seems like a prank that everypony could potentially enjoy, but no I forgot it's worth making your friend think that she's made everypony legitimately I'll bc she pulled off a harmless prank... And next, since when was Rainbow Dash a Baker? Apparently she can bake so good that she can make a cake that looks identical to a sewing machine and

she can also bake 1000 boxes of ponyscout cookies by herself? How did she pull that off? How did she have the bits? Speaking of bits look at all the bits that these ponies spent to take part in this ridiculous elaborate prank? Really petty if you ask me, so petty that these ponies literally involve the Cake Twins, and apparently like everypony else have them had professional acting lessons as well.. talk about "out of character", everypony in Ponyville can apparently act on cue this well, so well that we can teach our babies to act like sick zombies, big parenting points eh, nah this episode sucks ass, somepony pulls some pranks, let's make them think everypony is sick bc she wanted to change the color of our teeth, I interpreted that as the "prank everypony could enjoy" that Rarity was talking about... But yeah they had a chance to deflate her like adults but instead said let's be hypocritical but only take it to the extremes, let's not prank Rainbow the same way she pranks us "she may enjoy that" nah, sometimes the solution to this in an adult way is honesty, and a way that they have to suffer for their actions while actually learning their lesson, we know from,"Mysterious Made Do well" that Rainbow Dash "hates being alone" maybe you should have had her spend time on her own to figure it out, but nah, much like "Mysterious Mare Do well" the solution seems to be when you are irritated by Rainbows behavior is to collude behind her back and keep secrets from her and not just bring her down to Earth in a healthy way .. now I still liked Mysterious Mare Do Well at least in that one the ponies did what they were doing in good faith and actually doing good things for other ponies but this, this episode was trash.. 

THEY LITERALLY got BABIES involved in this "prank" and apparently know how to make them behave sick and deranged on cue, didn't think Mr. and Mrs. Cake were psychopaths but their kids might end up that way...

The_ponies_enter_the_barn_S6E15.png 

This steamer that's some how evaded direct scrutiny is just a shitty copy of "The Impractical Joker" from MLP Tales...

I definitely see your point there. I thought she ordered the joke cookies but either way valid question on where she got the bits.

Another note, I didn’t realize Super Cider Squeezey 6000 stirred up controversy and got banned in some areas. Europe apparently isn’t as familiar with non hard cider as in the US.

Friend in Deed grated on me. Pinkie should have left Cranky alone instead of hounding him. They could have used  “Nit everyone will want to be friends and as long as they don’t bully you or hurt you it’s okay” as a moral along with the one on some folks preferring being left alone.

• 1 month later...

I’d say there’s a few that caused a bit of controversy. The Mysterious Mare Do Well, Rainbow Falls, The Equestria Games, Dragon Quest and Feeling Pinkie Keen all get a lot of criticism for ponies being out of character or a badly presented moral.

There’s also the season 3 finale. A great episode but what happens to Twilight at the end drove a lot of the fandom insane for a while.

Edited by Sonic Shimmer