Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Screenshots of Winter Wishday

CastletonSnob

8 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Laughing at the nightmare fuel with Zipp's face in this shot. :ButtercupLaugh:

1.JPG

What, is this a Halloween special and a Christmas special in one or something? :dash:

for real, I really want to know what's going on here lol

• Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to Screenshots of Winter Wishday
7 hours ago, Spook Conundrum said:

Saw that to, was just wondering why Zipps face literally looks broken:blink:

Like the way my soul is broken. *Sad emo music* 
To me G5 just feels so generic so soulless. Maybe I'm alone in this.

Edited by JuliaMaxOS
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, JuliaMaxOS said:

Like the way my soul is broken. *Sad emo music* 
To me G5 just feels so generic so soulless. Maybe I'm alone in this.

I think I understand what you are trying to say, it's like watching a "punk band" you have always loved turn into a "pop band" with a completely different identity, that thinks it can retain that identity by referencing things they used to sing about but in a completely watered down package... I understand how some g.4 loyalists can "not like" g.5 but for me I like both "genres" for completely different reasons... but this ideological musician had to broaden their appeal, some of their "old work" focused to greatly on one demographic, a demographic that wasn't all that pleased with them in the decline of their work towards the end to begin with... I love the two for similar reasons, I love them for different reasons. There is a lot of face value personality in g.5 that you have to accept as so and less left to the imagination with g.4 for many adult fans of the show... However... Just like bronies were some how able to make headcanon and justifications for Luna and Discord but not Starlight, you have to actually try to live in a characters identity, most people make bold generalizations and just say "this character is this, or this character is that" yeah but why? Did you consider anything about the character, their experiences, the world they live in, or did you loosely adopt a flimsy charicature from an outsiders perspective as most people do with other humans in real life? I think g.5 is great, I think they are fumbling putting the personalities and characters together appropriately and making them appeal as general stereotypes when their potential is actually pretty telling and profound even... they just have to focus more on this general plot than all of the slice of life problems that helped develop characters over the course of 9 seasons for FiM, Generation 5 especially ANG had charm and personality, it's the changing and inconsistencies of these personalities that are my issue, more emphasis on personal goals, insecurities, weaknesses, strengths, motives are needed and I do believe we will eventually get this .. they are just kind of all over the place with doing such a thing, but so far I've still loved it, whether it be Sunnys insecurity about only being recognized for being an Alicorn and nobody taking her world views seriously or have it be Zipp and Pipp showing us the dynamic of feuding sisters with different priorities they are trying to instill these things I'm talking about .. I do "understand" your point, but I'm letting them fall into character..I love Sunny lol a lot

Edited by Spook Conundrum

Glad I'm not the only one who was buzzed out by Zipp's face. What the hell is going on with that? The other shots look fine, I actually really like the third one. I just don't get how a glitch like that happens. It looks like someone is wearing a skin suit meant to look like Zipp which is uhhhh...Very holiday themed I suppose? :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

Glad I'm not the only one who was buzzed out by Zipp's face. What the hell is going on with that? The other shots look fine, I actually really like the third one. I just don't get how a glitch like that happens. It looks like someone is wearing a skin suit meant to look like Zipp which is uhhhh...Very holiday themed I suppose? :wacko:

Plot twist - it's somehow Pinkie even in G5 because of COURSE it is....

• Brohoof 2

12 hours ago, CyperKirin said:

Glad I'm not the only one who was buzzed out by Zipp's face. What the hell is going on with that?

Maybe it's that new Perfume. I've heard it has a devilish effect on urgh ponies...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-10-27 at 3:26 AM, CloudMistDragon said:

Laughing at the nightmare fuel with Zipp's face in this shot. :ButtercupLaugh:

1.JPG

What, is this a Halloween special and a Christmas special in one or something? :dash:

They have multiple heads for different facial expressions (each head has multiple animations within those expressions). They just forgot to hide that 3D layer and this image must be a leak.

• Brohoof 2