Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music A odd and interesting music genre [Psychedelic Ambient Techno]

MadWitchJay

Have any of you heard of Psychedelic Ambient Techno before?

No? It's a actually a genre that I have discovered quite recently through a YouTube channel called Spirit Science, a weird New Age channel that talks about sacret geometry and other non sense, but the twist is that Patchwork, the host of the channel, believes that these New Age-y ideas are Scientific. But, that is another rabbit hole to fall into, and not the main topic of this thread.

So what is Psychedelic Ambient Techno?  It is as you might have guessed a music genre. A sub-genre of Trance that can feel otherworldy, strange and oddly relaxing. 
Examples of Psychedelic Ambient Techno artists: Entheogenic, Bluetech and Koan.

If this sounds interesting to you, a good place to start would be the Psychedelic Ambient Techno playlist, if you have Google Play Music and Spotify: um I could'nt really find any playlist that really match the one on Google Play Music... I guess this one ? It might have something that you also like. Im not logging on to my Spotify account to find out. 

Feel free to leave anymore suggestions for weird and trippy music.

Psychedelic is along the lines of atonality, no key sig and sometimes odd time signatures. Ambient means wide open space with tons of reverb. Techno is the highest complexity of EDM, a step higher from Trance. The Techno is what really keeps this genre together, minimizing the chaos factor you get from Psychedelic, which still shows due to the trippy feeling some of these deliver.

• 1 month later...
On 2022-10-28 at 2:27 AM, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

Psychedelic is along the lines of atonality, no key sig and sometimes odd time signatures. Ambient means wide open space with tons of reverb. Techno is the highest complexity of EDM, a step higher from Trance. The Techno is what really keeps this genre together, minimizing the chaos factor you get from Psychedelic, which still shows due to the trippy feeling some of these deliver.

Yes, It's kinda calming.