Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favorite G5 DESIGN so far?

Gaines

Less about personality and more about character design :BrightMacContent: You can also explain how the character(s) would look even nicer, or even mention your least favorite designs

• Brohoof 2

So, for me it's...

1. Misty Brightdawn

First, she's a mare that old without a cutie mark. It's a bold design choice that invites a lot of scrutiny from a fandom that is not known for letting things go easily. But the nature of her mane is quite nice, and the colors of her coat and mane do a lot to actually set her apart from the rest of the cast.

2. Izzy Moonbow

Crafting Glasses.

3. Pipp Petals

I like that she's short and a little plump, it adds a LOT to her character that these aren't things that are an issue for her.

4. Zipp Storm

She's tall, which is legitimately cool to see. In G4, all of the Mane Cast shared essentially the same build save for the addition of horns or wings, or both but then Twi was slightly taller at that point as well. To see the variety of builds that this cast offers is quite nice.

5. Sunny Starscout

Well, the rainbow bit of her mane, that became more pronounced after her "ascension" is a nice touch. But she also has a softness of smile that gives her this gentleness that is so good for her to have.

6. Hitch Trailblazer

He's neither overly buff, tall, or terrible small or disproportionate. He's in a good place physically, with a decent mane, and colors to go well together. But quite different between MYM and TYT.

7. Opaline

She looks like a bad OC.

• Brohoof 1

Windy is absolutely stunning, her render is absolutely gorgeous and I still do love her TyT render but this just translated so well in a 3D render, loveee her

Windy3D.png.764dec17d597e89fc0a59ba28a4eb19c.png

I'm not sure of the name of our cute sandcastle unicorn filly on the right but I love her design and have seen an adult mare with the same one, either it's her mother or a recycled design, coupled with her adorable sincere VA I really really love her lol

912418973_full(1).gif.545af27e9708f3fd114a321cf0e1063e.gif

TyT Jazz, the fact that she is significantly taller in TyT really adds to the design, she's really cute, they don't however give her much extra height in MyM which I really wish they did, I appreciate so much this relatively new friendship she's found in Pipp, you have to think they haven't known each other all that long either, and short pone next to tall lanky pone is really cute, they contrast with each other in a way...

Jazz_TYT_ID.png.c823eddcf66794f97e02245971b53e07.png

I could prattle on a out this for awhile, but it's a simple as the color contrast and the way she is depicted expressing herself, she's very emotional, I feel Sunnys expressions more than the others idk.. plus her mane is a hair style I really love, I love orange, I love purple, I ******* love this pony

8848b2d4a1ecf9259e98c0ee758cd686.jpg.7ff558732fa1c63253882db85482fde7.jpg

Along with this she has the best TYT design as well, I feel like the Jenna Warrens VA meshes with this design so well, just the enthusiasm marked with TYTs design when hearing her say "everypony" lol it's adorable, I am in love with her clip trot dance, I looked so hard for a gif of that and came up empty handed :(

2873128.gif.590516932e7bf61dc0f16a5c9f84eaaa.gif

This... She's nearly flawless, the new VA is trying but Kimiko meshed with this design as well, idk the new Izzy seems a little more dull in MyM that includes the way her shade resonates somewhere between lilac and lavender in the transitioning between ANG to MyM, I love this pony, she's gorgeous and I know we said not to talk about personalities but they honestly mesh and sometimes support designs or make them seem off putting, hopefully we get more Izzy

izzy-moonbow-mlp.gif.f706f0fd059699bcb9e39f0cc47067ae.gif

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Splashee said:

Zipp is the most interesting looking pony in G5. Why? Not because of her personality, but just general looks and colors.

Guess that goes to show you it's completely a matter of perspective bc I think she has the most boring design of the mane 5 :sunbutt: and possibly one of the more boring designs in the show, I think the all white body worked a little better in 2D with Rarity, it's not that big of a contrast.. I almost thought that she was light weight being carried by her personality, now it's not a "bad" design, like Opalines, it's just the most forgettable and least interesting

Edited by Spook Conundrum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...