Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was the theme of your childhood bedroom?

Reecejackox

I still live/sleep in that same bedroom, meaning the theme wasn't meant to be for a child. The crayon marks on the walls are all my own decorations. Once an artist, always an artist :wacko:

Had to share a room with my brother for the longest time, it would have been cool to have a themed rooms but it was just two beds, a TV, an N64, and a literal bookcase of my plushies, I had a lot of blocks to, some days I'd leave the world's I'd build with them up for days if they were really good, I would have my Dinosaur toys humiliate and destroy my bionicles which I pretended were invaders from another planet, I would always have the "monsters"(dinosaurs and animals) win... Lol

2 hours ago, Censored Bully said:

Had to share a room with my brother for the longest time, it would have been cool to have a themed rooms but it was just two beds, a TV, an N64, and a literal bookcase of my plushies, I had a lot of blocks to, some days I'd leave the world's I'd build with them up for days if they were really good, I would have my Dinosaur toys humiliate and destroy my bionicles which I pretended were invaders from another planet, I would always have the "monsters"(dinosaurs and animals) win... Lol

Sad I never had a brother:(  

3 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Sad I never had a brother:(  

I have an older brother, I technically have two but my other older brother is in his 40s and we didn't grow up together, yeah having a brother to grow up with is good, you get a regular sparring partner and inherently thicker skin from being pushed around by your older brother and cousins lol, training at all things electronics, me and my brother would make up OC characters as knights or wizards and beat the hell out of each other with sticks, my brother taught me a lot about politics bc we grew up with internet access xD people gotta know I've been full circle on the political spectrum I grew up with that 911 propaganda, my brother will always be an inherent friend even though sometimes he's a dick :ButtercupLaugh:

My sister and I used to share the same room, but after she got her own we didn't change the decorations for a while so I had a Disney princess themed room :twismile: A little embarrassing for a young boy but I was still a brony at that time so whatever :orly:
Now my room is Halloween themed yippee :squee:

Edited by Gaines
  • Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Censored Bully said:

I have an older brother, I technically have two but my other older brother is in his 40s and we didn't grow up together, yeah having a brother to grow up with is good, you get a regular sparring partner and inherently thicker skin from being pushed around by your older brother and cousins lol, training at all things electronics, me and my brother would make up OC characters as knights or wizards and beat the hell out of each other with sticks, my brother taught me a lot about politics bc we grew up with internet access xD people gotta know I've been full circle on the political spectrum I grew up with that 911 propaganda, my brother will always be an inherent friend even though sometimes he's a dick :ButtercupLaugh:

Watch Power Rangers in Space when you can, there's lots you can relate to with Andros (the Red Ranger).  The particular tragedy Andros suffers is that his best friend and comrade Zhane (the Silver Ranger) takes the blow from a monster's brutal attack, being an explosion:sunny:  This confines Zhane to cryogenic freezing chamber, leaving Andros unable to treat his mortal wounds:(  Very sad:(  

Then there's the death of Zordon:(  But that's for another time.  

• Brohoof 1

I have to say, this has been a wonderful trip down memory lane.

My room at my grandmother's was dubbed the "Cowboy Room". Her choice, and I loved it.

I upgraded to a loft bed when I turned 4, so my old wooden bed frame that had been painted green went to her house, and was adorned with a traditional quilt made by one of aunts. The nightstand consisted of an antique iron school desk with the fold down seat acting as a shelf for books with cowboys and western scenery. A lamp with a real antler stand and cowboy themed lampshade sat atop, while another of a giant full moon and someone cooking over a campfire beside their pioneer wagon served as a nightlight.

The sliding closet door had a wallpaper printing for one of Claude Monet's water lilies under the garden bridge paintings, with the entire thing framed with a vintage decorative window sill. Two pairs of cowboy boots sat by it.

The actual window sill was lined with vintage beer and medicine bottles. On old chest contained various toys, while two vintage fruit crates held themed ones including plastic cowboys vs. Indians set, metal revolver styled cap guns, plastic farm animals, and the 1997 fisher price western cannonball Stage coach set as well as a camping lantern.

The wall had wanted posters, a tin sign displaying all of the different ammunition produced by Winchester, and a large dream catcher. At one point there would have been a rocking horse, a full sized saddle, and even a wagon wheel.

That room hardly changed from 2001 till 2013. Then family drama resulted in her having to sell the place and we could keep little of what had been. I still have some of the items from the room, namely the bottles from the windowsill and the antler lamp that I see everyday, but I keep am eye out for the rest in hopes to partially relive the many wonderful experiences from childhood.

1 hour ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Watch Power Rangers in Space when you can, there's lots you can relate to with Andros (the Red Ranger).  The particular tragedy Andros suffers is that his best friend and comrade Zhane (the Silver Ranger) takes the blow from a monster's brutal attack, being an explosion:sunny:  This confines Zhane to cryogenic freezing chamber, leaving Andros unable to treat his mortal wounds:(  Very sad:(  

Then there's the death of Zordon:(  But that's for another time.  

Do I have to get a steaming service lol? I have Netflix and Disney Plus, I use my brothers Amazon lol

I did not get to have my own theme as a child since I always shared a bedroom with my sister. All I really got to do was customize my bed by putting all my stuffed animals on it.

Mine is the same now as it’s always been; Star Wars everywhere. Star Wars posters on every wall and shelves piled high with Star Wars toys. I have a few Disney princess statuettes and decorations here and there but that’s a minor subcategory.