Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will the opening theme change in season 3?

Spring Veil

Wouldn't be surprised. Not really a reason to do it, bit not really a reason to not do it, either.

In both cases, I'd like it if they did, yet I don't really care that much. It sounds perfect the way it is, but there's always room for improvement.

• Brohoof 1

Wouldn't be surprised. Not really a reason to do it, bit not really a reason to not do it, either.

In both cases, I'd like it if they did, yet I don't really care that much. It sounds perfect the way it is, but there's always room for improvement.

I agree! I thought the season 1 opening was awesome until I heard season 2, and really liked the changes. It's hard to get much better, but as you said there's always room for improvement! :D

I would not mind a change in the theme song, as long as it's in keeping to the original theme. Though I am very sure that most will want an opening like the Italian MLP opening. It is by far the most popular intro I've seen, and I don't see why it wouldn't be possible for a NA audience. Then again it may change the overall spirit of the season. As the current theme song is more upbeat than the Italian one. Which might give an impression of slower and less dynamic episodes. At least in terms of initial perception. If we could get a theme as cool as the Italian one, but a bit more upbeat. I think it would work out quite nicely.

(edited)

I actually want it to stay as it is. I thought the change from s1 to s2 was enough :P

Edited by Jokuc

I see no need for it to change, but I think it will if they follow their current pattern.

I wouldn't mind a change at all, not that the current is bad, but new is always welcome, especially in a series as good as this one. As long as they keep the current song and overall theme of the opening the same.

Well if they do it will just be something subtle like last time, they would never change the actual tune or anything. I'm pretty sure they will change the visual opening but again, it will be subtle.

I think they might add some more characters in there(Cadance and Shining Armor maybe), but I think the song itself will stay the same this time. ;)

Yeah, maybe Cranky Doodle or some of the new pets.

• Brohoof 1

I think that the visuals will change like they did for S2, but the actual song will stay (mostly) the same.

If they went like the Itallian opening though, that would be sweet.